Phil Jackson Wants Derek Fisher To Get Thrown Out Of Some Games

2 posters

Go down

Phil Jackson Wants Derek Fisher To Get Thrown Out Of Some Games Empty Phil Jackson Wants Derek Fisher To Get Thrown Out Of Some Games

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:16 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/14/phil-jackson-wants-derek-fisher-to-be-more-emotional-with-referees-id-like-to-have-him-thrown-out-of-some-games/

Phil Jackson wants Derek Fisher to be more emotional with referees: ‘I’d like to have him thrown out of some games’
Brett Pollakoff Mar 14, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT

In what’s become a completely lost season for the New York Knicks, the only thing left for Phil Jackson to do is evaluate the job that first-year head coach Derek Fisher has done under the most difficult of circumstances.

And while trying to determine if Fisher has been successful from an Xs and Os standpoint is nearly impossible with the lack of talent in place on the roster, his demeanor is something that Jackson feels fit to criticize — especially in relation to the way Fisher conducts himself on the sidelines.

From Marc Berman of the New York Post:

“I’d like to have him thrown out of some games at least. It looks like every time we go out there, every bump becomes a foul and Derek’s very patient behind all that.

“Get after some referees. Maybe he thinks his contract isn’t supportive of him paying for those technicals and doesn’t want to have that issue. But in reality his demeanor’s been great.’’

Fisher’s response indicates that won’t be happening anytime soon.

”I don’t know how to get into a conversation how much a coach has to do with how many calls go in your favor or not,’’ Fisher said. “I’m not [Phil]. I’m not coaching the teams he coached. I have to measure it based on who our team is. We don’t have enough history together. I don’t know if it would be fair to leave them out on the field while I’m in the back.

“I don’t think Phil made the difference on how many calls we got or not,’’ Fisher added. “I don’t know if I’ll make that difference.’’

Fisher’s lack of emotion, both on the court and with the media after some of the more difficult losses, has been perceived as a negative by some. While Jackson’s remarks are relatively mild, here, it’s clear that we can add him to that list of those who believe a little more fire out of Fisher would be a positive for the franchise.

bob
MY NOTE:  Yeah, that's what's wrong with your team, Phil, the reason why your team has the worst record in the league is because your coach isn't overtly emotional enough.  That's Danny Ainge's problem too, as his team surges towards a playoff berth.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Phil Jackson Wants Derek Fisher To Get Thrown Out Of Some Games Empty Re: Phil Jackson Wants Derek Fisher To Get Thrown Out Of Some Games

Post by Sam Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:15 am

Phil, you're a jerk.  You always were a jerk.  You've been a fortunate jerk because you've always been gifted with talented teams. Until now.  And your true, jerky colors are showing.  What a tough job Fisher has in trying to achieve a modicum of success with the detritus he inherited and the World's Greatest Coach (in Phil's mind) looking over his shoulder.  Phil, why don't you take Jeannie on a four-year vacation, let someone else right the ship, and then come back and inherit another winner?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down