More Bass in 2015-16?

+2
kdp59
wide clyde
6 posters

Go down

More Bass in 2015-16? Empty More Bass in 2015-16?

Post by wide clyde Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

I guess I can understand why Ainge will not yet make a commitment to signing Brandon Bass for the next couple of years, but I certainly
hope that he is thinking about bringing Bass back to the Celtics for the next couple of years.

Bass has been the true "pro" since joining the Cs.  He has even improved his game since Stevens arrived which is pretty nice figuring
that he had already been a pro for a few years.  He can play two positions (power forward and 'small' center) pretty well.  Does not cause
team issues. Scores, rebounds and defends consistently well, etc, etc, etc.

At the beginning of the year I would have bet the ranch that he would have been traded before the trade deadline in February, but not
because he was a bad player.  I just figured in the re-build that he would have been shipped out for a draft pick or something similar.

Now I am glad that he is still part of the team and hope that he can be resigned.  He may become a top quality sub on a playoff team that
the Celtics hope to be in 2016, but he has certainly been a team asset this season.  He is also not too old to think that he could play at a
similar rate for at least a couple of more years.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

More Bass in 2015-16? Empty Re: More Bass in 2015-16?

Post by kdp59 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:51 am

Hard to see Bass being back unless Ainge dumps one of Sully or Kelly O in a trade.

signing Bass to a market deal ($6-8M) will also make it harder to get an elite player at center for next year, IMO.

I woudl like seeing Bass back for 3 year deal myself. but it may not be in the cards.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:12 pm

As I look up and down the roster there is not one single player that is a definite keeper.

I could not imagine any disappointment if any player on this team was part of a trade. Bass however has been a Pillar of stability on this team so I would not want to see him walk for nothing. My guess is that DA will resign him or he will be part of a multi player/multi team trade.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:36 pm

dboss wrote:As I look up and down the roster there is not one single player that is a definite keeper.

I could not imagine any disappointment if any player on this team was part of a trade.  Bass however has been  a Pillar of stability on this team so I would not want to see him walk for nothing.  My guess is that DA will resign him or he will be part of a multi player/multi team trade.  

dboss

dboss,

Other than Shav, Pressey and maybe Gigi, I can't see Danny letting anybody walk for nothing. Ever. He didn't want to resign Hump, didn't resign Hump and he still figured out a way to translate that into a 2nd round pick. He'd let Wallace walk for nothing if nothing is what Wallace would be willing to take, but for obvious reasons that's not happening. Maybe next year, with Wallace in the final year of his contract, maybe he'll find a taker for that last year's salary as a contract dump. Maybe.

Right now, especially without Sullinger, our starting 5 is really a starting 2; Bass and Bradley. Those are the only two players that I could honestly say "they could start on, at least a few, other teams". Zeller is a back up center, Turner as a starter is questionable because of his inconsistencies, Smart is offensively inept. We need upgrades at all those positions. Would I trade one of those two for a clear upgrade at, say, center? You betcha I would and so would Danny.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:15 am

Speaking of centers, why no love for Frank the Tank Kaminsky? I'm off to the Final Four Friday for a closeup look at him, Okafor, Cauley-Stein,and Towns. Everyone's big on the latter three and Miley from TX but i rarely hear anyone on this site singing Frank's praises. Methinks he's a big upgrade over any and all of our present bigs.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:12 am

Kaminsky looks like Zeller to me only with a better outside shot. Zeller is a better defender though.

Kaminsky looks like Kelly O. to me, only without Kelly's range.

I think he falls somewhere between the two.

Since he is 22YO already, we've probably seen what he is also. So he MAY be as good as Zeller or Kelly. but that's kinda his ceiling , IMO.

so he most likely will be the pick at #14.

Twisted Evil

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:35 am

Kaminsky looks like a stretch 4 to me, not a center. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen from him defensively, but I haven't seen him a whole lot.

He may be an upgrade offensively over Sullinger and Olynyk, but if they draft him, then they have to get rid of one (maybe both) of those other guys. He doesn't solve the main problem of getting a defensive center.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:43 am

Maybe he's a stretch 5!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down