CELTICS TO PLAY PRESEASON CONTEST IN MILAN THIS OCTOBER

3 posters

Go down

CELTICS TO PLAY PRESEASON CONTEST IN MILAN THIS OCTOBER Empty CELTICS TO PLAY PRESEASON CONTEST IN MILAN THIS OCTOBER

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 am

WEEI

By Mike Petraglia

The Celtics will be going international to open their preseason this fall.

The NBA, in conjunction with Euroleague Basketball and RCS Sport, confirmed Wednesday that the Celtics will play a preseason game on Oct. 6 against Olimpia Milano in Milan, Italy, as part of NBA Global Games Europe 2015.

The 17-time NBA champion will play the three-time Euroleague champion and 26-time Italian League champion Olimpia Milano at the Mediolanum Forum in Milan.

“On behalf of the Celtics organization, we are proud to return to Milan for NBA Global Games 2015,” Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge said in a statement. “I have particularly fond memories of playing in Europe almost 30 years ago, and I am sure our current players will relish this unique opportunity.”

“It is an honor to represent the Celtics and the NBA in Milan,” said Celtics guard Avery Bradley. “I know there are passionate NBA fans in Italy and we look forward to an electric atmosphere on game night.”

“We’ll play in Chicago and New York against Maccabi and then head home to Italy to play the Boston Celtics which will be an exciting week for us as a team,” Olimpia Milano President Flavio Portaluppi said. “We appreciate the opportunity to play such a spectacular opponent in front of our loyal fans.”

This will mark the Celtics’€™ seventh game in Europe and second contest in Milan, having previously played in 2012. Olimpia Milano features Alessandro Gentile, Samardo Samuels and MarShon Brooks, who was originally drafted 25th overall in the 2011 NBA draft. Brooks was also part of the blockbuster deal in July 2013 that sent Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry to the Nets.

Tickets can be purchased beginning June 8 at ticketone.it.

The Celtics will also play a regular-season game in Mexico City next season as part of NBA Global Games 2015, which will feature additional games around the world, including:

· China: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Charlotte Hornets in Shenzhen on Oct. 11 and Shanghai on Oct.14
· Brazil: Orlando Magic vs. Flamengo in Rio De Janeiro on Oct. 17
· Mexico: Celtics vs. Sacramento Kings in Mexico City on Dec. 3 (regular season)
· Additional games and locations will be announced at a later date

NBA Global Games Europe 2015 will also feature a range of interactive fan activities and NBA Cares community events that will bring the NBA experience to Milan. The game will be supported by a variety of partners and be available to fans globally on television, digital, and social media.

Other Executive reaction to the Wednesday announcement (via NBA):

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver:
“We are thrilled to bring one of the NBA’€™s most storied franchises to Milan to compete against Olimpia Milano on their home court.”

Euroleague Basketball President & CEO Jordi Bertomeu
“Olimpia Milano is one of the biggest basketball powerhouses in European basketball. To have them hosting one of the most historical NBA franchises, the Boston Celtics, will offer fans a top quality event with the best from both competitions, the Turkish Airlines Euroleague and the NBA.”

NBA EMEA Senior Vice President & Managing Director Benjamin Morel:
“We are thrilled that NBA Global Games 2015 will be one of many exciting and important events taking place in Milan this year. Thanks to our longstanding collaboration with Euroleague Basketball and with the support of our family of partners, we look forward to making a difference on and off the court.”

Olimpia Milano Captain Alessandro Gentile
“It’s an honor to play against an NBA team, especially one so rich in tradition like the Boston Celtics, in front of our home crowd. As a player and as a team it is a great opportunity to measure ourselves against a terrific team. We are looking forward to the game and will try our best to be competitive and give our fans a reason to be proud of us.”

Back to top Go down

CELTICS TO PLAY PRESEASON CONTEST IN MILAN THIS OCTOBER Empty Re: CELTICS TO PLAY PRESEASON CONTEST IN MILAN THIS OCTOBER

Post by Sam Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Milan being one of the style capitals of the world, I'm hoping Kelly Olynyk can visit a hair salon that will give him Herculean features.Maybe a good gym too.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

CELTICS TO PLAY PRESEASON CONTEST IN MILAN THIS OCTOBER Empty Re: CELTICS TO PLAY PRESEASON CONTEST IN MILAN THIS OCTOBER

Post by wide clyde Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Sam,

If Olynyk can add some strength this summer to help him play better next season, I will try again to ignore his terrible hair style. So, forget all about the hair salon, and only concentrate on the gym time.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Clyde,

I have to believe Kelly spends considerable time in the gym—specifically the weight room.  After all, one thing he is NOT is stupid.  I believe it has paid off somewhat already.  I just don't know what his strength ceiling is.

Okay, I'll lay off his hair, but don't you think a nice little pink ribbon would set off his eyes?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Kelly's problem is his poor clumsy foot work and his hesitation to shoot quickly in one motion.

They were working on the foot problem last year by having him do cart wheels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:14 am

Where did you see that?  I'd hate to be under one of those feet if it came flying through the air.  I've always said that I don't believe the top and bottom halves of his body communicate together.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:00 am

Sam,

It was last year's summer/ preseason training camp where Bryan Doo was helping Kelly through that  exercise.

It was in one of the Boston web site posts WEEI, ESPNBOSTON, CSNE, Boston Herald, Boston.com.

I am sure of it because I thought it was crazy.  However a quick search I found this.

SB Nation - 4 By Kevin O'Connor  @KevinOConnorNBA on Sep 30, 2014, 3:59p

Before many games last season Olynyk worked with head strength and conditioning coach Bryan Doo on "agility" and "athletic" drills. KO would prance around like a ballerina, balancing himself on one foot, and then spinning around to land on the other.

It was actually quite humorous seeing a big 7-footer with long hair do this, but if you tried to mimic his movements you would see how it'd work to help your athleticism.

Last edited by 112288 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:35 am

Geez, and I thought I was the only one who pranced around like a ballerina all the time.  Sally loves it!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down