A Retired Michael Jordan Taught A Big Talking 21 Year Old Chicago Bull A Lesson

2 posters

Go down

A Retired Michael Jordan Taught A Big Talking 21 Year Old Chicago Bull A Lesson Empty A Retired Michael Jordan Taught A Big Talking 21 Year Old Chicago Bull A Lesson

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:35 pm

You don’t poke a sleeping bear.

In 1999, between Michael Jordan’s second and third retirements, Chicago Bulls guard Corey Benjamin learned that the hard way.

Skip Bayless, writing for the Chicago Tribune at the time, reported that Benjamin had issued an "ill-advised challenge" to His Airness.

Jordan relentlessly abused the youngster, scoring on him with ease and talking all kinds of trash along the way. At one point, MJ told Benjamin exactly what he was going to do. “I’m going right back over there. C’mon, follow me. ... You reach, I teach.”

Turnaround jumper—cash.

MJ also told Benjamin to look around him, referencing all the banners he raised as a Bull.

The one-on-one game wasn’t close, and obviously Jordan won. As he sunk the game-winner, he told Benjamin to “sit down” and not to call him out again.

Vintage MJ.

Chicago players watched in awe as the greatest player of all time gave them all a reality check. Retirement couldn’t hold Jordan back—and neither could some young, cocky guard named Corey Benjamin.

bob
MY NOTE:  MJ was 36 years old in 1999 and had been retired for a full year plus.  In 1999, Corey Benjamin was probably 21, his birthday being in February.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

A Retired Michael Jordan Taught A Big Talking 21 Year Old Chicago Bull A Lesson Empty Re: A Retired Michael Jordan Taught A Big Talking 21 Year Old Chicago Bull A Lesson

Post by Matty Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:26 pm

So odd.. This article refers to William F. Russel for some reason while talking about a game between mj and a kid named corry... I'm lost.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down