+4
Sam
sinus007
rambone
bobheckler
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Perry Jones from OKC to BOSTON CELTICS - Page 2 Empty Re: Perry Jones from OKC to BOSTON CELTICS

Post by Sam Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:11 pm

TJ,

I also believe that Hunter is better than Young.

In fact, word has it that you might be better than Young.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Perry Jones from OKC to BOSTON CELTICS - Page 2 Empty Re: Perry Jones from OKC to BOSTON CELTICS

Post by tjmakz Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:05 pm

sam wrote:TJ,

I also believe that Hunter is better than Young.

In fact, word has it that you might be better than Young.

Sam

Sam,

Since I play basketball every week and with Young and I sharing the same last name, maybe I can fill in for him and nobody would notice...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:13 pm

My money would be on you, TJ.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Sam,

Perhaps the Cs could hire Perry Jones II for fashion if, and ONLY if, he promises to get rid of the gray uniforms. If he cannot get rid of them completely at least get rid of the stupid sleeves.

I am excited to see what Jones III can bring to the team. If Durant claims that this guy, Jones III, is the "best athlete in the league" he MUST have something to offer. Certainly worth at look at the SF with that nice 6'11" size.

Also, James Young is much more physically gifted than I ever, ever was, but I know that I can at least stand out on the court and not look so mentally lost on defense.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:05 pm

I believe one of those three games in which he filled in for Durant was somewhat of a "coming out" party for Perry: 32 points, including 10-17 from the floor, 3-6 from the arc, 9-11 from the stripe, and 7 rebounds. Three games are not quite enough to meet my "some are forever" theory, because opponents develop a "book" on a player over time, and the big challenge is for him to continue that kind of performance against tougher odds.

But he is an intriguing physical specimen—just the type of acquisition in which Danny gets something for nothing...too far under the radar for Danny-bashers to acknowledge.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:17 pm

October to February will be a fine time to watch Danny prepare his sampling of hors d'oeuvres for consumption by the rest of the league who'll be lining up for a taste.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Kevin O'Connor @KevinOConnorNBA
Boston will be at 16 guaranteed contracts once Mickey signs, 17 if Pressey isn't waived. Reasonable to expect more.
11:44 AM - 14 Jul 2015
61 61 Retweets 70 70 favorites

Perry Jones from OKC to BOSTON CELTICS - Page 2 CJ5VNThWcAAlCta

bob
MY NOTE: Obviously, this was tweeted before Pressey was released. Still, we're at 16 OR Mickey isn't signed.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:20 am

Bob, you worry too much about roster size at this juncture in the off-season. It's almost like the salary situation. Danny will work it out. The important thing is that it's getting to the point where he'll be operating from a position of personnel strength rather than having one or two projects at the back end of the roster. Even the bodies he calls up from Maine will be live ones.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:28 am

sam wrote:Bob, you worry too much about roster size at this juncture in the off-season.  It's almost like the salary situation.  Danny will work it out.  The important thing is that it's getting to the point where he'll be operating from a position of personnel strength rather than having one or two projects at the back end of the roster.  Even the bodies he calls up from Maine will be live ones.

Sam  

sam,

I'm not worried so much about roster size, I'm just posting for the benefit of the board. It does add a level of intrigue to it nevertheless since, if you have more guaranteed contracts than allowable roster slots, you KNOW somebody has to go and trying to figure out your depth and where that bottom rung player is likely to be snipped off from it is discussion board fodder.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:34 pm

It certainly is discussion board fodder, in that it reinforces the sense of competition among the players. It's just that it's a detail (like salaries) that is best left to Danny because he's the one with experience in dealing with it. More important than roster numbers, in my book, are evaluations of the various players; and, if they wind up with too many really promising ones, that's not a problem; it's an opportunity.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:57 pm

I do not have a problem with too many guys on  the roster at this time since Ainge has until late October to eliminate any excess over the allowed 15.  They usually bring in a couple of free agents for at least the first couple of weeks of pre-season anyway.  Holmes (and maybe Fair) is way better than some walk-in free agent to use in drills

If he has a few guaranteed contracts beyond the 15 it is likely that the extra guys will be young guys who will be on the smallest contracts that could likely be absorbed into the salary limit if they are untradeable heading into the season if necessary.  The Celtics paid that one guy (Bogins?) to just go home last year and did not seem to worry about eating his salary.

Having exceptional competition for positions during the rest of the summer and during pre-season is a great thing.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Amen, Clyde.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2