Jordan Mickey, Celtics Hit ‘Breakdown’ In Contract Negotiations

4 posters

Go down

Jordan Mickey, Celtics Hit ‘Breakdown’ In Contract Negotiations Empty Jordan Mickey, Celtics Hit ‘Breakdown’ In Contract Negotiations

Post by 112288 Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 pm

nesn

by Sam Galanis on Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 3:25PM

Fancred Jordan Mickey is having a rather impressive summer league showing with the Boston Celtics, so there’s no doubt the franchise wants to keep him on its roster. But it might take some time to get there.

Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald reported Friday that contract negotiations between Mickey and the Celtics have suffered a “breakdown.” Both sides would like to reach an agreement, but it seems as though they’re having some trouble finding one that works favorably for each. “According to sources, the Celtics were offering the No. 33 overall selection a four-year deal — two years guaranteed and two more at the team’s option — that was the richest given a second-round pick,” Bulpett wrote.

“League sources here at the summer league said Mickey was looking for a shorter-term commitment and, when it appeared neither side would move, the 6-8 forward was prepared to sign the tender offer — a one-year, non-guaranteed rookie minimum of $525,093. Players who sign such deals become restricted free agents at the end of the season.”

The Celtics understandably want Mickey — who’s averaging 12.2 points and 7.9 rebounds per game overall and is fourth on the Las Vegas summer league leaderboard with 9.6 rebounds per game — signed to a long-term deal, and that doesn’t necessarily work in the LSU product’s favor. But that also doesn’t mean that Mickey is disgruntled. In fact, Bulpett said

Mickey was back to discussing a longer-term arrangement with the C’s after almost signing a one-year tender. “I’m comfortable,” Mickey said, per Bulpett. “I’m still feeling good about it. I’m confident everything will work out.”

Back to top Go down

Jordan Mickey, Celtics Hit ‘Breakdown’ In Contract Negotiations Empty Re: Jordan Mickey, Celtics Hit ‘Breakdown’ In Contract Negotiations

Post by Sam Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:20 am

When I read a similar article a couple of days ago, my first thought was, "Why not pay him only half a million this season and have the ability to match (surpass?) any offer for him after the season. But I wondered then (and now) about whether signing him to a short-term contract now would somehow be to the Celtics' disadvantage down the road. Frankly, I like The Mouse's display of confidence in his ability to make a noteworthy impact in his first season.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Jordan Mickey, Celtics Hit ‘Breakdown’ In Contract Negotiations Empty Re: Jordan Mickey, Celtics Hit ‘Breakdown’ In Contract Negotiations

Post by kdp59 Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:10 am

kids got a smart agent it seems.

why get locked in on a second round picks salary for 4 years under the current (Low) CBA rookie numbers, when the cap is going to raise to crazy numbers over those same four years.

I get the Celtics making that play, but I understand why Mickeys team said no way.

interesting that the Celtics are willing to guarantee two years, that would give us what 16 guaranteed deals for this year?

we can eat one for sure (P. Jones seems likely to me), but the trade scenario is still in play we hope.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:19 am

Who is P. Jones?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:21 am

Oh I get it. Perry Jones. Hard keeping up with the new trades.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down