T-Wolves Sign Tayshaun Prince

3 posters

Go down

T-Wolves Sign Tayshaun Prince Empty T-Wolves Sign Tayshaun Prince

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:08 pm

So, in the end, it rolls out to:

Danny gives up Jeff Green and gets Jonas Jerebko (for half the price).  Nothing against Green, but I'm ok with this.  I like Jerebko.  He isn't going to score 30+ now and again like Green but what he does he does well and reliably and he doesn't expect to be a starter.  Jeff Green's fragile mental state made him an unreliable, albeit occasionally explosive, starter.

SVG gives up Jonas Jerebko and Gigi (no loss on that to SVG) and gets...NOBODY!  Prince leaves after a month or two.  Once again, the Master of Disaster strikes.

Memphis gives up Prince and gets Jeff Green.  Good deal for Memphis, regardless of how well Green did or did not do, because Prince is/was at the end of his career anyway.  Jeff Green has some trade value, especially in this final contract year, they probably thought they died and went to heaven when they were able to get him for Prince straight up.

T-Wolves building a mentoring program in Minny.  KG for Towns and Dieng, Prince for Shabazz Muhammed.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

T-Wolves Sign Tayshaun Prince Empty Re: T-Wolves Sign Tayshaun Prince

Post by Sam Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:01 pm

While I agree that shipping Prince out was consistent with forward progress for the Celtics, I have to say it was refreshing to watch the professionalism with which Tayshaun operated while he was here—in terms of both his general demeanor and the instincts he displayed on the court.

Good luck, Tayshaun.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:31 pm

100% right, Sam. And, your statement about Prince's professionalism is probably the biggest reason why the T-Wolves signed this guy. Smart move by Minnesota that may be tough to measure in wins right now but when they turn all of the young talent that they have into victories someone will undoubtedly mention Prince.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Even more interesting when one realizes that, with the possible exception of Lee (and possibly Johnson), Danny's going the route of placing the mentoring squarely in the hands of Brad Stevens.

Just one more interesting facet of the 2015-16 season.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Sam,

Johnson and Lee should be good mentors for the Cs. Wallace may have been the only mentor last season, and he was reputed to have done a great job. Having two such mentors this season who both will likely play more than Wallace is probably going to be a good thing.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Makes sense to me, Clyde.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down