NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction

+4
Outside
hawksnestbeach
wide clyde
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction Empty NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:18 pm

http://en.yibada.com/articles/71128/20151006/nba-trade-rumors-joakim-noah-confirmed-boston-celtics-radar-bulls.htm

NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction
Malcolm Hyde | Oct 06, 2015 08:17 AM EDT

NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction Joakim-noah
Joakim Noah (Photo : Reuters File)

The NBA trade rumors surface for a team that is clear on its intentions to improve and a team that's heading towards a new direction.
Coach Tom Thobodeau's "defense first" style of coaching has left with him, and the Chicago Bulls turns towards the offense with Fred Hoiberg.

Bulls fansite Pippen Ain't Easy recently listed the best and worst case scenarios for their players and for Joakim Noah, there were some dire some assumptions.

"Noah is getting older and losing that energy he used to always play with," they surmised. "He also doesn't seem to fit into the offensive direction the Bulls are moving in. The Bulls could trade him while he still has some value around the league."

Even with those findings, Noah would still be a desirable piece-if not for his energy, for his "defense first" mentality. If the Bulls were to look unfavorably towards his decline, there are some teams that would pick him up, and Bro Jackson names the Boston Celtics as a possible trade destination.

Trade proposal: "Joakim Noah for Isaiah Thomas, Kelly Olynyk, and James Young."

"There are some interesting trades that these two teams could make," the site presented. "Noah is a guy you could see Ainge taking a chance on. Only one season ago we were talking about him as an MVP candidate, and now the Bulls could be looking to move on."

While Isaiah Thomas seemed like their point guard of promise, Ainge would move him in a heartbeat if it meant that they would have a chance to acquire Joakim Noah. The Celtics have a lot of pieces at point guard (Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, etc.) and power forward while the center spot is still questionable.

Noah would be a great mentor to the Celtics youth movement and also a solid selling point for possible free agents.  

bob
MY NOTE:  Could this be that "blockbuster trade" that Danny was allegedly considering?  Would you do it?  Personally, I don't see any way Danny parts with IT.  Kelly, sure.  Young?  BONUS!! But Thomas?  I don't see Danny doing it.  Noah is 30, will be 31 in February.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction Empty Re: NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction

Post by wide clyde Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:45 pm

If this was three years ago, I could see the Cs jumping at this proposed trade. BUT, not right now as Noah is just not a top level player at this time regardless of how much energy he may still be able to generate.

I do not think that the Cs really need more "energy" guys as they seem to have a batch of them already. They still need a quality center and perhaps a top level shooting wing player. Of course, either of those two guys who brought even more energy would be fine.

Thomas is the Cs player who is closest to all star quality (with Sullinger probably next if he stays near the basket) as he (they) may be the two best scorers on the team so trading perhaps your best player and an improving guy like Olynyk would seem a bit much for Noah. Giving Young away for a few used basketballs would be OK, however, and wherever they may come from.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction Empty Re: NBA Trade Rumors: Joakim Noah Confirmed To Be On Boston Celtics Radar; Bulls Center Doesn’t Fit Offensive Direction

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:49 pm

I know we have to part company with one player, Young I assume, but I like the team Ainge has cobbled together and can hardly wait to watch them. Noah plays hard D., but he's on the far side of the mountain (maybe just over the peak). I think Kelly's biggest problem is confidence and predict he'll have a good year. Thomas is short, but in small doses, he can make a big difference. Hurry season, hurry fast. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:02 pm

I'd do it. I understand you don't want to part with IT, but you have to give something to get something. I think Noah would instantly solidify the interior of the defense and allow the perimeter defenders to be more aggressive. He's also a good passer who should fit well into the pace-and-space system. Noah and Lee up front would be a good combo, and with either Noah or Amir in the game, Boston would have a solid defender to anchor the middle.

My biggest concern is Noah's durability since he's been hurt a lot the past couple of years, but part of that might be Thibodeau's tendency to overuse players. On a team with Boston's depth, you could keep Noah's minutes under control and hopefully prevent him from breaking down.

My other concern is having to look at his form on jump shots and free throws. Oy.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:52 pm

I would have to agree with outside about this.

Noah is 30 can still have an impact on a team

He still averages around 10 rebounds per game and can still defend. he also averages 4.7 assists per game. He would actually be a perfect fit in brad offense. You have to give up something to get something.

I Like IT's game but we drafted Rozier so that makes IT or Smart expendable

I love what KO does but with all the other players that can play his spot he would not be missed.

Young has been replaced with RJ

I would make this move in a NY Minute

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:32 pm

a couple things

noah has played a full season in only 3 out of 8 years. he has put in a LOT of minutes under Thibs inside on his body.

he also is on the FINAL year of his deal, so he will be a UFA next year.

I'm not even sure the money works in that deal they talked about.

Noah is at $13.4M

the three Celtic's add up to $10.8M

maybe that meets the rules for trades for teams over the cap, I'm not sure.

I'd do a D. Lee for Noah deal with minor parts to make the dollars work, but not IT & Kelly who we control at cheap dollars for a while, for a possible ONE year rental on Noah.

Looking at both rosters, I would do a D. Lee, Kelly O and Young for
Noah and Mirotic deal.

I might even add one of Dannys first round picks to make it go down easier (not the Nets though!).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:59 pm

kdp59

health is always a consideration.

Last year he played 67 games and missed 15, the year before he played 80 and the year before that he played 66 missing 16 games
Overall I do not have a big issue with those numbers

He has also played in the playoffs every year since the 08-09 season.

the salary issue is something else and although I did not mention it in my previous post I was also wondering how to make the numbers work.

Lastly this is just another rumor so we cannot put too much stock in it.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

kdp59 wrote:a couple things

noah has played a full season in only 3 out of 8 years. he has put in a LOT of minutes under Thibs inside on his body.

Noah is at $13.4M

I'd do a D. Lee for Noah deal with minor parts to make the dollars work, but not IT & Kelly who we control at cheap dollars for a while, for a possible ONE year rental on Noah.

Noah and Mirotic deal.

I might even add one of Dannys first round picks to make it go down easier (not the Nets though!).

Kdp,

D Lee, Kelly and Young for Noah AND Mirotic?

Now you're dreaming.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:17 pm

In my opinion it would be nothing more than a lateral move for the coming year and be of little significance on Celtic teams of the future.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Outside wrote:I'd do it. I understand you don't want to part with IT, but you have to give something to get something. I think Noah would instantly solidify the interior of the defense and allow the perimeter defenders to be more aggressive. He's also a good passer who should fit well into the pace-and-space system. Noah and Lee up front would be a good combo, and with either Noah or Amir in the game, Boston would have a solid defender to anchor the middle.

My biggest concern is Noah's durability since he's been hurt a lot the past couple of years, but part of that might be Thibodeau's tendency to overuse players. On a team with Boston's depth, you could keep Noah's minutes under control and hopefully prevent him from breaking down.

My other concern is having to look at his form on jump shots and free throws. Oy.

outside,

His shot certainly is the oddest one I've ever seen. A sideways rotation? His high school coach should be drawn and quartered.

His production, the last two years, has fallen off /36mpg in almost every category.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/noahjo01.html

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:06 pm

kdp59 wrote: . . . but not IT & Kelly who we control at cheap dollars for a while, for a possible ONE year rental on Noah

I'd say NO for just this reason. IMO, so would Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:18 pm

bobheckler wrote:
kdp59 wrote:a couple things

Noah is at $13.4M

Noah and Mirotic deal.

Kdp,

D Lee, Kelly and Young for Noah AND Mirotic?

Now you're dreaming.

bob

I'm usually in one dream state or another Bob!

nothing new there.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down