Game Time Today 3 PM EDT vs Real Madrid

2 posters

Go down

Game Time Today 3 PM EDT vs Real Madrid Empty Game Time Today 3 PM EDT vs Real Madrid

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 am

12 PM for left coasters (6 PM I guess for Euros and midnight tonight for Thailand, etc).

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/t9917-pre-season-game-on-celtics-vs-real-madrid-october-08-2015

The have a couple of players who were on the Spanish National Team that just won the Euro championship. This should be MUCH tougher.

Brad has upper respiratory problems, Amir is sick, Turner is still out with his knee and PJ3 is in the states for his cousin's funeral. They are all OUT of today's game. David Lee is questionable due to illness. Too much fun in Italy, I guess.

It would be a real shockeroo if we win this one. Not only is Real Madrid a good team, but we are undermanned as you can see.

Here's your chance, rooks (and Young).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Game Time Today 3 PM EDT vs Real Madrid Empty Re: Game Time Today 3 PM EDT vs Real Madrid

Post by kdp59 Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks bob,

you and I have a differnt mindset about how good these Euro teams are it seems.

while I DO agree that real madrid is a better team than Tuesdays stiffs, they are by no means an NBA caliber team, IMO.

Their roster/depth chart:

C

Gustavo Ayón- Marginal NBA player the year or two he was in the states

Felipe Reyes- Crickets?

Guillermo Hernangómez- drafted in the second round this year and a "future" prospect with size.

PF

Trey Thompkins- played one year in the NBA as an end of the bench guy

Andrés Nocioni- was a NBA starter for a while, past his prime if he can't start here though.

SF

Rudy Fernández- Like Nicioni, he started some in the NBA, might be their best player right now. Bradley and smart can shut him down easy IMO

Jonas Mačiulis- who?

SG

Jaycee Carroll- who again?

Jeffery Taylor- YES the same Jeff Taylor that was at Charlotte last year. He should be their second best player and he had no one in the NBA offering him a contract as a free agent this year

PG

Sergio Llull- supposedly a future NBA player, we'll see I predict if he comes over he'll be nothing more than a BU in the NBA myself

Sergio Rodríguez- he was Llull a few years back, came over and sit on the bench in the NBA

Luka Dončić- another who?

that roster strikes NO FEAR whatsoever in me and it shouldn't for any NBA roster either.

I predict at least a 15 point win, unless Stevens has to play 6 or less of his regular guys.

if he has less than 6 guys who will be on the Celtics roster come regular season , we win by 10

yes I think the Euro league is that bad compared to the NBA.

maybe they will show me wrong today, I will have the popcorn and beer on hand.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down