Rookie Jordan Mickey dominated a recent Boston Celtics practice, according to head coach Brad Stevens

2 posters

Go down

Rookie Jordan Mickey dominated a recent Boston Celtics practice, according to head coach Brad Stevens Empty Rookie Jordan Mickey dominated a recent Boston Celtics practice, according to head coach Brad Stevens

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:39 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/10/rookie_jordan_mickey_dominated.html

Rookie Jordan Mickey dominated a recent Boston Celtics practice, according to head coach Brad Stevens

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on October 14, 2015 at 12:55 PM, updated October 14, 2015 at 1:10 PM

NEW YORK -- In the Boston Celtics crowded frontcourt, at least one established player will be benched most nights. Second-round pick Jordan Mickey should find earning minutes plenty difficult but has already impressed the coaching staff in bursts.

Before a shootaround Wednesday, head coach Brad Stevens fielded a question about how the rookies have adjusted to the NBA life. After briefly complimenting all the first-year pros, he turned the conversation to how Mickey controlled Tuesday's practice.

"Jordan Mickey probably had the best day of anybody in practice yesterday," Stevens said before a team shootaround at Basketball City. "He was dominant. It was outstanding."

In limited action, Mickey has averaged six points and 2.5 rebounds through a pair of preseason games. He hasn't been dominant in those two contests, but solid. And he was apparently better Tuesday.

"It's really fun to see days like that," Stevens said. "Now it's just about doing it every day, learning, continuing to grow and all those things. But it's fun to watch (the rookies) progress and I think we'll all be able to watch that together."

"I like the way we work in practice," the coach added. "Every practice has been competitive. We haven't had a day of practice that's just been a dud. So I'd say I'm pleased but I'm realistic enough to know that this is going to come down to playing well when the lights are on in a few weeks."

Injury report

As expected, Marcus Smart (sick) did not make the trip to Brooklyn. He could potentially join the Celtics in New York in time to meet the Knicks on Friday.

Teammates David Lee (rest), Avery Bradley (rest) and Terry Rozier (knee) are also expected to sit against the Nets, who will be shorthanded themselves. Rozier will likely miss the Knicks game, too. He plans to return to practice Saturday.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rookie Jordan Mickey dominated a recent Boston Celtics practice, according to head coach Brad Stevens Empty Re: Rookie Jordan Mickey dominated a recent Boston Celtics practice, according to head coach Brad Stevens

Post by bobc33 Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:03 pm

A second round pick is dominant in practice??? This kid is worth watching.

Back to top Go down