Sam
LACELTFAN
jeb
gyso
steve3344
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game Empty Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game

Post by steve3344 Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:19 pm

The only good thing is one of them's got to lose.

But it would help us more if the L.A. takes out Orlando.

Miami did us a favor tonight by beating the Hawks.

Would like to finish #2 in the East so we have home-court in round two.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game Empty Re: Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game

Post by gyso Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 pm

I hope the Lakers lose.

Sorry, that's just muscle memory working and it's too late to fight it.
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game Empty Re: Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game

Post by steve3344 Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:25 pm

gyso wrote:I hope the Lakers lose.

Sorry, that's just muscle memory working and it's too late to fight it.

Gyso,

I certainly know the feeling. It's been in my DNA to root against the Lakers for nearly 35 years but this time I've got to root with my head and not with my heart.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm pullin for the Lakes in triple overtime with Kobe and Gasol playing 64 and 65 minutes a piece.

We can catch Orlando. It's doable.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Steve,

I agree with Jeb as far as the "we can catch Orlando" bit.

Sorry, my head votes with my heart on this one every time!!! Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game Icon_razz

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:55 pm

gyso

I know it. typing that made me break out a little. Embarassed
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:40 am

Is there anyway they can both lose?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:37 am

I just hope it will be a good game and no one gets injured. I can't bring myself to root for any team other than the Celtics, although
decades (actually now moving toward a century) of rivalry against Laker greatness have made rooting against them my most natural competitive instinct.

My feelings about home court advantage are pretty well known. The ultimate champions should be able to win wherever they have to in order to deserve the title.

For those who like to play the "jockeying for position" game, I believe that, if the season ended today, the Celtics would play the Bucks and Orlando would play the Heat. Would you prefer that those seedings be reversed?

The rule I follow is to try to think the way the players are probably thinking. I believe their number one focus is on whipping themselves into top playoff shape, winning every possible game, and not worrying about something they can't do influence.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 am

I have deep hatred for the Lakers!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:56 am

My preference, as eloquently stated by Sam, is the best first round playoff match up for the C's, and that is at the #4 seed. That way they look likely to face either Milwaukee or Toronto and avoid a potential sensational series by Wade. Do not believe PP or RA are good defensive options on Wade, we'd fare better with Bosh or Bogut as the focus of our opponent.

Go Magic !

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:57 am

For me

no question, I'm with you on this one Cow 100%,

in my mind it's hard to be a "real" celtic fan and root for the lakers.

regardless if it "helps" us in any way shape of form.

And as for injuries if they happen they happen, as with any game.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:27 am

Should be a good game either way..

I think Orlando will win, Lakers aint brilliant on the road and they have just been off the last couple of games.

Of course Kobe/Pau will probably drop 110 combined tonight and I will have to eat those words.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm going to throw up a little in my mouth now and say I'm rooting for the Lakers today vs Orlando. Barring a complete meltdown, it doesn't look as if we're going to be able to catch the Lakers for a better regular season record, nor is anybody else in the west. Their WC playoff seed, therefore, is set. The Magic, however, are 1 game ahead of us in the loss column and have the tie-breaker with us (which means we need them to lose 2). If they lose, then we're only 1 loss behind them for the #2 seed in the eastern playoffs (which will give us homecourt against everybody except Cleveland), and that's valuable.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm rooting for the Lakers. I want the Celtics to go as far as they can. I agree with Sam, that if your good enough it should'nt matter. However, somehow I think a higher seed will help. Besides, it is more fun posting on here when the Celtics are successful and winning. With that said, push for a number 2 seed.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:41 pm

MustangGator wrote:I'm rooting for the Lakers. I want the Celtics to go as far as they can. I agree with Sam, that if your good enough it should'nt matter. However, somehow I think a higher seed will help. Besides, it is more fun posting on here when the Celtics are successful and winning. With that said, push for a number 2 seed.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

MG

Hey Gator!

Why am I not surprised you're rooting for the Lakers? LOL

Where've you been?

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Jerry Tarkanian wrote:My preference, as eloquently stated by Sam, is the best first round playoff match up for the C's, and that is at the #4 seed. That way they look likely to face either Milwaukee or Toronto and avoid a potential sensational series by Wade. Do not believe PP or RA are good defensive options on Wade, we'd fare better with Bosh or Bogut as the focus of our opponent.

Go Magic !

Tark

Tark,

The 4th seed in the East would put us in the same bracket as the #1 seed. The top bracket has #1, 4, 5 & 8. The bottom bracket has #2, 3, 6 & 7. That means we could see the Cavs in the second round instead of the East Conference finals, one round later.

The "best" seed of the top 4, if the Celtics are not #1, is (IMO) #2 or #3. I really hope that Atlanta is the 4th seed. Then the Cavs can have them to deal with and we will only see the one left standing after the second round is complete.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi Bob,

I have been around. Working, family, NFL, NBA, NCAA Basketball, and now baseball. NFL is now over, now on to March Madness, and then the NBA Playoffs. I even occasionally read some of the posts/threads while at work. On my lunch break of course, sure I do. Ok, mostly while on my lunch break. I do check in pretty frequently. Due to where my allegiance lies, I try not to post to much.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Optimally Celtics end up 2nd, Orlando 3rd and Atlanta 4th.

Atlanta might have a shot at Cleveland and I would rather meet Orlando than Atlanta in the second round.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:07 pm

MG

Always welcome buddy. And we dont mind opposing views. Only if they are dumbed up and without knowledge do we mind and then not much. Great to have you around here and good luck today in your matchup.

What do you reckon is up with Pau? He aint himself here lately.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:15 pm

MustangGator wrote:Hi Bob,

I have been around. Working, family, NFL, NBA, NCAA Basketball, and now baseball. NFL is now over, now on to March Madness, and then the NBA Playoffs. I even occasionally read some of the posts/threads while at work. On my lunch break of course, sure I do. Ok, mostly while on my lunch break. I do check in pretty frequently. Due to where my allegiance lies, I try not to post to much.

MG

Gator,

I hope we don't make you feel unwelcome. We get a little carried away here with our allegiances too, but I like to think that the difference between here and BDC is that courtesy and respect are reciprocated here.

Personally, I like hearing how other people see things. I live in the SF bay area and deal with the "western conference" perspective of fans here all the time. I'd like to hear how non-GSW fans view their conference.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:42 pm

jeb65 wrote:MG

Always welcome buddy. And we dont mind opposing views. Only if they are dumbed up and without knowledge do we mind and then not much. Great to have you around here and good luck today in your matchup.

What do you reckon is up with Pau? He aint himself here lately.

Jeb

Thanks Jeb,

I really don't know what is up with the team as a whole. I have not seen much of their last two games due to family stuff. Good thing for me since the Lakers lost both games. An optimistic Lakers Fan might say, "the Lakers are coasting a bit due to this being a long season and they have, or had, a big west lead for the number 1 seed. Also, one would believe that they are getting everyone's best since they are the champs."

A pessimistic (sp) Lakers fan might say, " the Lakers are not as hungry as they were last year and believe they cannot turn it on when they think they can."

I believe a little of both thoughts. I fall along the lines that the Lakers will be more motivated once the playoffs start and will make a good run back to the finals. I also believe it will be much tougher to get there, and hopefully for me, win it again.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:49 pm

MG

Seems to me to be some of the same stuff the Celts are facing. Plus I think Denver and Dallas are for real.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Bob,

I do feel much welcomed here. I hardly ever post on the other site. Not even sure if I remember my old password for that site. Sometimes on the other site I would start getting lost on who were the good Celtics Posters and who were the bad Celtics Posters (trolls). Of course, most of the Lakers posters over there were trolls, or had troll tendancies. I hated when so called Lakers Fans wanted to do nothing but agitate Celtics Fans on their site. Again, much better here.

As you probably remember, I was also from the Bay Area. Grew up around Modesto. Tough being a Warriors fan growing up.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Jeb, I agree with your assessment of Dallas and Denver. I would not be surprised at all if either of them got by the Lakers. Even with the Cavs play this year, I do not think there is a clear cut favorite to anyone winning the finals. It could simply come down to injuries and specific match-ups.
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 pm

mg

Yall have had some injuries of your own. It seems the nba has gotten better. There are in my estimation 6 teams that can win it...in order right now 1 cavs 2. lakes 3 denver 4 orlando 5 dallas 6 celts this is based on how things look now...i think any of those teams can get hot and take it. Which makes for great fun!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next