Sam
LACELTFAN
jeb
gyso
steve3344
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me who you're rooting for in Sunday's Laker/Magic game

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:07 pm

gyso wrote:
Jerry Tarkanian wrote:My preference, as eloquently stated by Sam, is the best first round playoff match up for the C's, and that is at the #4 seed. That way they look likely to face either Milwaukee or Toronto and avoid a potential sensational series by Wade. Do not believe PP or RA are good defensive options on Wade, we'd fare better with Bosh or Bogut as the focus of our opponent.

Go Magic !

Tark

Tark,

The 4th seed in the East would put us in the same bracket as the #1 seed. The top bracket has #1, 4, 5 & 8. The bottom bracket has #2, 3, 6 & 7. That means we could see the Cavs in the second round instead of the East Conference finals, one round later.

The "best" seed of the top 4, if the Celtics are not #1, is (IMO) #2 or #3. I really hope that Atlanta is the 4th seed. Then the Cavs can have them to deal with and we will only see the one left standing after the second round is complete.

gyso

Point taken, gyso.......do you like a potential match up against Miami and Wade, though ?

I much prefer Milwaukee or Toronto in round 1 and then let the chips fall as they may in subsequent rounds. The road to the title looks to go through Cleveland. Matters not to I in which round we face them.....if this team is championship caliber it will not matter........and perhaps Miami slips from 7 to 8 with O'Neal likely out a couple of weeks and the Cav's get to deal with the Heat.

Just do not like the prospects of any of our defenders silencing Wade. He can clearly take over a series himself, and will be on a salary drive.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2