File under "old news"

2 posters

Go down

File under "old news" Empty File under "old news"

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:01 pm

This from today's Sacramento Bee:

But a source close to the Celtics said – while the Kings showed no motivation to move (Kevin) Martin – Boston would have taken the long-term contract of Nocioni and perhaps even that of point guard Beno Udrih (through 2013) in a deal that would have sent Ray Allen to Sacramento.

Just to provide some closure over what Danny considered to be "fair market value" for Ray, but he never got. We ended up keeping Ray, and I'm just fine with that.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

File under "old news" Empty Re: File under "old news"

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:12 pm

bobheckler wrote:This from today's Sacramento Bee:

But a source close to the Celtics said – while the Kings showed no motivation to move (Kevin) Martin – Boston would have taken the long-term contract of Nocioni and perhaps even that of point guard Beno Udrih (through 2013) in a deal that would have sent Ray Allen to Sacramento.

Just to provide some closure over what Danny considered to be "fair market value" for Ray, but he never got. We ended up keeping Ray, and I'm just fine with that.

bob

That quote seems to indicate DA WOULD have sold RA low....Martin was moved ....so he could have been a possibility with more value in the deal than just Ray....and he is flourishing in Houston.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Jerry Tarkanian wrote:
bobheckler wrote:This from today's Sacramento Bee:

bob

That quote seems to indicate DA WOULD have sold RA low....Martin was moved ....so he could have been a possibility with more value in the deal than just Ray....and he is flourishing in Houston.

Tark

Tark,

And Ray is flourishing here.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Tark,

And Ray is flourishing here.

bob

bob,

Agree RA is playing VERY well since the deadline and enthused about it. He is on a contract drive and should be highly motivated the rest of the season, as his first half of the campaign diminished his value greatly. A few more performances like last nightand he may well enhance his stature as a FA.

Martin was attractive to me, as he is to the Rockets, due to his youth and skills. I always look at the future when evaluating moves, and feel we have gambled the next season or 2 on a title run this season, and I will enjoy the quest as much or more than most. I see a lot of similarities between this edition and that of the '69 champs, and that was my favorite C's team. Unfortunately that was followed by a 34 win '70 campaign. I hope DA is able to make the moves Red did to reload thereafter, however it is more difficult in today's NBA.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down