dboss
Outside
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
bobheckler
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official Brooklyn Nets Death Watch Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Brooklyn Nets Death Watch Thread

Post by steve3344 Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:21 am

bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb
Brian Robb
@CelticsHub about 30 minutes ago
Nets just got some competition for worst record in NBA. twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/stat…

Reply Retweet Like

Miami HEAT – Verified account ‏@MiamiHEAT

Justise Winslow will undergo surgery tomorrow to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder & is likely out for the remainder of the season.
6:02 PM - 4 Jan 2017
626 RETWEETS418 LIKES

bob

With that news it's nice to see Miami win on the road tonight against Sacramento.  DeMarcus Cousins was awful - 13 points on 4 for 15 shooting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/miami-heat-sacramento-kings-2017010423/

Heat now have three more wins than the Nyets, 11 to 8.  

We got major help Tuesday night when four teams all within two or three games of them - Philly, Dallas, Phoenix and the Lakers all won to gain a little more separation and keep our lottery position temporarily at #1.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

The Official Brooklyn Nets Death Watch Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Brooklyn Nets Death Watch Thread

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:09 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/21/4348616/nba-draft-lottery-history-derrick-rose-lebron-james

The history of the lottery
The worst team has won the NBA Draft Lottery three times in 23 tries.
The third-worst and fifth-worst teams have won the lottery the most times (five) in the lottery era. The Cavaliers select third and the Pelicans pick fifth this year.
The team with the least likely odds to win the NBA Draft Lottery was the 1993 Orlando Magic, who had the 11th-best chance to win. The seventh-, eighth- and ninth-worst teams have all won the lottery once since 1990.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:27 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/21/4348616/nba-draft-lottery-history-derrick-rose-lebron-james

The history of the lottery
The third-worst and fifth-worst teams have won the lottery the most times (five) in the lottery era. The Cavaliers select third and the Pelicans pick fifth this year.
The team with the least likely odds to win the NBA Draft Lottery was the 1993 Orlando Magic, who had the 11th-best chance to win. The seventh-, eighth- and ninth-worst teams have all won the lottery once since 1990.
How are the Cavaliers possibly picking third this year?

Real GM says they only have their own first round pick and we own their second round pick for 2017:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/yearly

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:49 pm

the article is from May of 2013 but it doesn't change the fact that the worst team doesn't usually get the first pick
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:14 am

mulcogiseng wrote:the article is from May of 2013 but it doesn't change the fact that the worst team doesn't usually get the first pick
So you referenced an article about the 2013 draft to incorrectly state that Cleveland was currently in the #3 draft position THIS year?

We all know the worst team doesn't usually get the first pick.  But they do have the best chance of it (at 25%).  We currently are in that slot with New Jersey's pick and I would prefer we stay there at season's end.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:47 pm

steve3344 wrote:
mulcogiseng wrote:the article is from May of 2013 but it doesn't change the fact that the worst team doesn't usually get the first pick
So you referenced an article about the 2013 draft to incorrectly state that Cleveland was currently in the #3 draft position THIS year?

No. He didn't. He posted an article from 2013. "This year", written back then, meant 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:51 am

gyso wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

No.  He didn't.  He posted an article from 2013.  "This year", written back then, meant 2013.

Here's what I read in his post:

"The history of the lottery
The third-worst and fifth-worst teams have won the lottery the most times (five) in the lottery era. The Cavaliers select third and the Pelicans pick fifth this year."

He didn't reference anything to 2013 or say anyone should click on that link.  

So the line "The Cavaliers select third and the Pelicans pick fifth this year" jumps out at you and no one has been talking about the Cavs owning a high draft THIS year.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:36 am

steve3344 wrote:
gyso wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

No.  He didn't.  He posted an article from 2013.  "This year", written back then, meant 2013.

The third-worst and fifth-worst teams have won the lottery the most times (five) in the lottery era. The Cavaliers select third and the Pelicans pick fifth this year."

So the line "The Cavaliers select third and the Pelicans pick fifth this year" jumps out at you and no one has been talking about the Cavs owning a high draft THIS year.

Once I clicked on the link that he provided and read the entire article, the context of the sentence became clear to me. I hope that it is now clear to you as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:53 am

gyso wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
gyso wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

Once I clicked on the link that he provided and read the entire article, the context of the sentence became clear to me.  I hope that it is now clear to you as well.

I don't have time to click on every link to eveyone's post.  Most cases I will read what they excerpt that they feel is important or a summation of the the article that is linked.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Philly just beat Brooklyn, in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn now has a 2 game lead in the powerdive to rock bottom.

Danny is smiling as his phone rings.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:37 pm

The magnitude of the fleecing continues to grow.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Danny the Super Shearer
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Steve Bulpett
@SteveBHoop about 17 minutes ago
Playing without Anthony Davis, Pelicans still manage to come back with a 31-16 fourth quarter to defeat the Brooklyn Celticsdraftpicks.

Reply Retweet Like

bob
MY NOTE:  This is good on several levels.  Not only does it keep Brooklyn 3 games in the basement, it also burns one of their remaining home games and shows they suck SO bad they can't beat even a mediocre team missing their All-league stud.

I think I'll have a celebratory sake.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:43 am

That is good news. I'm a teetotaler but BobH please have one for me too.

The lottery gods owe us I'm feeling good about this pick!

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Nice to see the Nyet's defense held Houston to 137 points today.  

Good job.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Miami beat Houston tonight to move four wins above the Nyets.  And everyone else has at least five wins more. Looking good.  N.J. of course lost at home to Toronto tonight too.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Whenever I watch the nets (for a few minutes) they always seem to be playing hard.

This is a dreadful team considering they are not trying to tank.

They have 3 more losses than the 2nd worst team and I see no reason why this should change for the better. As these losses mount up it will serve to further reduce their chance to win a game. At some point the players have to be thinking and believing that no matter how hard they play they are going to lose.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:17 pm

The Nyets have played 22 games at home and 19 games on the road. That means they will have 19 games at home and 22 games on the road to finish out this season.

works for me.

Now, watch those damn pingpong balls bounce wrong. I HATE having our fate tied to something not in our control...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:The Nyets have played 22 games at home and 19 games on the road.  That means they will have 19 games at home and 22 games on the road to finish out this season.

works for me.

Now, watch those damn pingpong balls bounce wrong.  I HATE having our fate tied to something not in our control...

bob

We can't even control our own players.  If we could we'd make all of Marcus Smart's shots go in.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Miami won their 13th game tonight and now every team has at least five more wins than the Nyets.  Things are looking great for the top spot heading into the lottery.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:06 am

steve3344 wrote:Miami won their 13th game tonight and now every team has at least five more wins than the Nyets.  Things are looking great for the top spot heading into the lottery.

Steve,

Assuming the freaking balls bounce our way. We're only guaranteed better odds.

bov

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:22 am

bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:Miami won their 13th game tonight and now every team has at least five more wins than the Nyets.  Things are looking great for the top spot heading into the lottery.

Steve,

Assuming the freaking balls bounce our way.  We're only guaranteed better odds.

bov

That's why I said "the top spot heading into the lottery."

The team with the worst record only has a 25% chance of actually winning the lottery.  But that's still better odds than any other position.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:09 am

It looks like Brooklyn might be a lock to have the worst record in the league.
Last year the lottery went exactly in the order of the percentages before the lottery.
I wonder what the odds are of that happening again? Probably very slim.
The Lakers could drop to #2, especially if they trade away Lou Williams.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:15 am

tj - the odds of the worst record holder getting the 1st pick will be 25% this year, same as last, irrespective of how often the worst record got the 1st pick. Statistics do not pay reference to past performance. Too bad Sam is not here to opine on statistics theory.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:45 am

worcester wrote:tj - the odds of the worst record holder getting the 1st pick will be 25% this year, same as  last, irrespective of how often the worst record got the 1st pick. Statistics do not pay reference to past performance. Too bad Sam is not here to opine on statistics theory.

You are right Worcester.
Prior years have no influence on the ping pong balls.

Every year there seems to be one, two, three or four players that separate themselves as the top picks.
It's too early to know how many possible studs are in this draft.
If Boston has a guaranteed top 4 pick, that's something Boston fans should be excited about.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next