Post Game Thread - vs Brooklyn Nets, Home

5 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Brooklyn Nets, Home Empty Post Game Thread - vs Brooklyn Nets, Home

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Ridiculous it ended up this close, we were up 27 or something like that for a while.  Cannot do that in the playoffs.  Can.  Not.

39 ftas for them, they made 35.  Both a ton of attempts and very, very good ftm.  

6 Celtics in double figures scoring.  Nice.  Same with 91 fgas.  Nice.

Basically, we did a lot good here except keep them off the line.

I wouldn't count on getting the #1 pick in the draft next year, the Nets have had a very good 2nd half of this season.

This guarantees us at least the #2 seed.

Post Game Thread - vs Brooklyn Nets, Home C9GK3I5XUAQEjR2

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900582

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Brooklyn Nets, Home Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Brooklyn Nets, Home

Post by worcester Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Yes, Brooklyn has played really well lately - .500 basketball, but Brooklyn 2017-18 is one foot injury (Lopez) away from being one of the worst teams in the NBA again. What if they finish 4th or fifth from the bottom next year. That draft will be loaded. We still have a chance at a very good pick.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Brooklyn Nets, Home Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Brooklyn Nets, Home

Post by willjr Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:10 pm

"I wouldn't count on getting the #1 pick in the draft next year, the Nets have had a very good 2nd half of this season".

I'd be happy with a top 3 pick next year. The projected #1, Michael Porter, is said to be as good a prospect as Ben Simmons. After him there are two 7ft'ers, DeAndre Ayton and Mohammed Gamba, who are both athletic, long, rim protectors (projected) and have abilities that are suited to how the modern game is played. From a scheme perspective think more Embiid than Okafor. That's not to say that they have the offensive skill of Embiid just the versatility of the modern NBA big. Ayton in particular has a nice stroke and range to the (college) 3 pt line. Essentially, they both sound like exactly what we need.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:17 pm

bob your boy Kelly really sucked tonite

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:52 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:bob your boy Kelly really sucked tonite

Cow,

11 points on 5-9, 6 rebounds in 15 minutes.  3 assists, 2 TOs.  That isn't too bad at all.

He had 9 points in 10 minutes, 4 rebounds at halftime.  It was in the 2nd half he struggled, but he only played 5 minutes.  Did you catch the 1st half?  If all you saw was the 2nd half then no wonder you think that.

Our 3rd period sucked.  We gave up 37 points.  Kelly did not play in the 3rd quarter.  Zero minutes.  He had 10 minutes by halftime and 10 minutes after 3.   His last 5 minutes came in the 4th, which we won 28-24.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:57 pm

I missed most of first half bob, but was screaming at him as he was bumbling around and they cut into our lead, sure was glad he got taken out and we got lead back to double digits.....so we agree he sucked that 2nd half both ends?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:15 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:I missed most of first half bob, but was screaming at him as he was bumbling around and they cut into our lead, sure was glad he got taken out and we got lead back to double digits.....so we agree he sucked that 2nd half both ends?

Cow,

I agree he didn't add much in the 4th quarter, but he only played 5 minutes.  You're making a big deal about a player who played 5 minutes in a quarter we won 28-24 anyway.  That would make more sense if we lost the quarter 28-24.  

Our problems began in that 37 point Net 3rd quarter, and he never came off the bench.  Who were you screaming at then?

Besides, you always scream at Kelly no matter what he does.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:21 am

Lin and Lopez both had 11 points in the 3rd quarter.  22 points by 2 players. Kelly didn't play 1 minute of the 3rd.  Who was guarding those two?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:56 am

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:I missed most of first half bob, but was screaming at him as he was bumbling around and they cut into our lead, sure was glad he got taken out and we got lead back to double digits.....so we agree he sucked that 2nd half both ends?

Cow,

I agree he didn't add much in the 4th quarter, but he only played 5 minutes.  You're making a big deal about a player who played 5 minutes in a quarter we won 28-24 anyway.  That would make more sense if we lost the quarter 28-24.  

Our problems began in that 37 point Net 3rd quarter, and he never came off the bench.  Who were you screaming at then?

Besides, you always scream at Kelly no matter what he does.

bob

when I saw him on floor we lost a double digit lead down to 7 which was much too close for comfort and they were shooting it in his face and he was making boneheaded turnovers and looking like a spas, like he usually looks. Thankfully he was taken out and the bleeding stopped, that's why we ended up with an advantage.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:58 am

bobheckler wrote:Lin and Lopez both had 11 points in the 3rd quarter.  22 points by 2 players.  Kelly didn't play 1 minute of the 3rd.  Who was guarding those two?

bob

whats your point? are you saying Mr Softie can cover Brook Lopez? I don't think that's a good match up.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:12 am

The Celtics were +2 with Olynyk on the floor. He`s about the 8th best guy on the team and that`s giving Brown points for potential.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:58 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Lin and Lopez both had 11 points in the 3rd quarter.  22 points by 2 players.  Kelly didn't play 1 minute of the 3rd.  Who was guarding those two?

bob

whats your point? are you saying Mr Softie can cover Brook Lopez? I don't think that's a good match up.

Cow,

Lopez scored 11 of his 25 points in the 3rd quarter, when Kelly wasn't on the floor and our 18 point halftime lead shrank to 13 after 3 and they were surging.  In fact, with just :15 seconds gone in the 4th quarter, on the first possession of the quarter, the lead was down to 11.  You're upset that beautiful lead shrank down to 7?  So am I, but it was already down to 13 and almost 11 when Kelly was on the floor for just :15.  11 to 7 is just two possessions. SOMEBODY couldn't guard Lopez and Lin, and it wasn't Kelly.  Don't blame Mr. Softie when Mr. Softie wasn't the one giving up the points because Mr. Softie wasn't on the court.  Make up your mind.  Is Kelly the reason why the 3rd quarter lead shrank?  Can't be, he didn't play.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:57 am

okay bob how about I think he still sucks....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:11 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:okay bob how about I think he still sucks....

Cow,

That's fine. You can like or not like whomever you like. I was just pointing out that you were hating on a player that you are admittedly already biased against but ignoring, and not hating on, players who lost as big a lead a quarter earlier when he was not on the floor just because you like those players and so you are cutting them slack.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down