Sam
Pumpsie Green
jeb
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

this is off hoop so sorry Empty this is off hoop so sorry

Post by jeb Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 pm

But the job is goin great and I am making really good money. which is good cause Dawn and I have been through 4 really rough months.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

this is off hoop so sorry Empty Re: this is off hoop so sorry

Post by Pumpsie Green Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:34 pm

jeb65 wrote:But the job is goin great and I am making really good money. which is good cause Dawn and I have been through 4 really rough months.

Glad to hear it Jeb. I hope this turnaround is permanent.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:35 pm

cheers pumpsie. Me too. You can plan (in a freelance way) for a month or two down but 4 is rough. Terrible quarter...here's to better times.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:39 pm

jeb65 wrote:cheers pumpsie. Me too. You can plan (in a freelance way) for a month or two down but 4 is rough. Terrible quarter...here's to better times.

I think the economy is about to get much better. Not really fast, but all the signs are there for a turnaround. As I recall, you are a carpenter, but I could be wrong. Good chance that is a fortuitous field to be in since economic turnarounds are frequently led by construction.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:42 pm

pumpsie

Production designer for film and television. My wife is a producer. I do carpentry in my down time but lately it's been FULL time...not good. Got a lifesaving job in my field here in austin and dawn is working too.

I hope this aint out of line but just wanted to share the good news.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:45 pm

jeb65 wrote:pumpsie

Production designer for film and television. My wife is a producer. I do carpentry in my down time but lately it's been FULL time...not good. Got a lifesaving job in my field here in austin and dawn is working too.

Jeb

This kind of news is not out of line anywhere. Its been a very very tough time for a whole lot of people.
I'll have an extra glass of Zinfandel for you two this evening.
Cheers.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:30 am

Jeb,

Among the very substantial correspondence that takes place off this board are numerous discussions about people's personal lives. These days, the job situation is often high on the list of topics, as it has in some of our recent off-board conversations.

You don't need me to tell you you're not alone. But the most amazing thing is that the people in question have universally been upbeat and hopeful about the future...even the near-future. Every single person has been an example of the old adage that when life hands you a bunch of lemons, make some lemonade (or something like that).

Maybe it's the Polyanna in me, but I'm a firm believer in expecting good things to happen. In down times and in good times. Since we're on a basketball board, it's appropriate to say that expectation of success was the number one element of uniqueness about the Russell Celtics as they won championship after championship. Mentally that focus cleared their minds of impediments. Physically, I think it created added adrenalin that enhanced their efforts. So keep those expectations high, and you'll be consorting with champions.

You and I talked about taking stock of your personal resources, and it's amazing how diverse they are. Which means you're well equipped to take advantages of opportunities when they arise...and, as a free-lancer, you're more familiar than most people with how to capitalize opportunism.

Congratulations on this assignment, and keep it going. Expectations and opportunism. Better than your average bowl of Wheaties.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:07 am

Hey Jeb.: Congrats on the upswing in the employment aspect for you. I guess you can afford to take music lessions now. You know, so you can hit all those "C" notes! (LOL)-MD

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:30 am

Jeb,

Glad things are looking up for you, and glad you are here!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:49 am

Jeb

Anyone that can come close to outposting Sam on his forum has to....
1) Have a lot of spare time
2) Have a lot of GREEN BLOOD
3) Have a bit of wit AND wisdom
4) Have at least a moderate level of basketball sense
5) All of the above

I vote for 5.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:14 am

Jeb,

I'm glad to hear that things are turning around nicely for you.

It sounds like you're someone who is not afraid of a little hard work, and those are the people who always land on their feet.

I hope this begins a long and successful new chapter for you.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 am

TO NY; I for one don't like to land too hard on my feet. It causes great pain on my bunyons! (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 am

catching up, and REALLY glad to hear you're finding a way out of the woods.
know of a guy who was a director, but eventually downturns put him behind the counter of a catering truck that catered to, of all things, the movie industry. it was pretty embarrassing for him to stnad back there serving the folks he used to rub shoulders with. he said he had prayed to get into the industry again, but he hadn't been specific enough about what he meant - and that was NOT what he meant !

one day someone again recognized him and asked if that was at least his own catering truck. he said, "Nope - but this is my spatula ! " he went on to find more work in the industry again after THAT downturn ended.

hoping your downturn has ended. it's a pleasure to have you around.

Michael, in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:28 pm

jeb65 wrote:But the job is goin great and I am making really good money. which is good cause Dawn and I have been through 4 really rough months.

jeb,

Karma sometimes takes a while to get its act together, but it usually does. You are now receiving yours. Congrats on being on a winning streak. Keep it up and keep us in the loop on how well things are going for you and Dawn.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Beat

Most of the time I just talk jive but thanks! That's pretty high praise comin from you. And to the rest of yall many many thanks. The job ended it was only 5 days but I nailed it and put some money in my pockets and it did wonders for my self esteem which had been pretty middlin.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:48 am

Jeb,
I can relate I've had a crazy month myself....You're energy here, raises this place up from my point of view plus, as I've said ad nauseam to you, anyone with the Chief in his avatar, is all right by me. LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Hey Jeb, sometimes when you struggle and find your way through, it feels like the weight of the world off your shoulders. Take it from me, my husband and I
have gone through it all!! Congratulations! LIVE, LOVE< & LAUGH it is a great world we are living in, we just have to struggle sometimes to enjoy it!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Rosie t

Thank you. I think the struggles give the sweet times definition.

I just ordered a big pizza! I am goin to sit down and eat that bad boy. Life is good.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Jeb,

Glad things are looking up for you and your family. Nothing wrong at all with taking a step back, doing something outside the norm, and keeping some money coming in while still looking for your preferred job. I myself had to do it about three years ago. I did 27 years in the Navy, lead a department of 70 personnel, etc, etc. I retired from the Navy and had trouble finding work. My retirement was only about 1/3 of what I was use to bringing home. So I ended up humping boxes and loading pallets at a COSTCO Wherehouse not open to the public. I was 47 doing tha same work as 22-25 year olds. I was by far the oldet doing what I was doing at COSTCO. About broke my back with all the bending and lifting. I kept looking and findly landed a Civil Service position with the Department of the Navy. Basically I took a step back to findly get what I really wanted. Life is good now, although I still don't quite make the same (Navy retirement & present job) as I did when I was on active duty in the Navy. Have a great week and keeping pressing on to what makes you happy.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Mg

Yeah hell I like doin carpentry and building stuff. It is honest work. The film stuff is bigger money by far but filled with hired bullshit. Probably goin to wind up moving back out to san fran. Travel is wearing me down...after a while a fella just wants to know where the light switch is.

I bet you taught those costco youngsters a thing or two.

Anyway sage advice. Sam said something similar. I will sure give it some thought.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:15 am

Jeb,

I am from about 2 hours east of San Fran. Are you from NorCal? I think I saw that you are living in Austin, Tx right now.
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:34 am

mg

from east tn...chattanooga to be exact but moved to san fran in 89 and lived there for ten years. Still work there all the time. I love the place. A very special part of the earth.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 am

Ok Jeb. Just curious. Thanks. Have a good night.
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 am

jeb65 wrote:pumpsie

Jeb

Hey Jeb-

I didn't realize you were a production designer. Very cool. Are you going to be in Austin at the end of the month ? I'm coming in the last weekend of the month. Let's grab a drink if you're in town.

Glad that gig came at a good time for you. Congrats, buddy.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 am

Sky

Man it is hard to tell. If I am I'd love to hve a drink. Let's keep talking about it.

And thanks for the congrats. It has been a rough rough quarter. Bid a job...get close...they pick someone else or the job goes away. yikes!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next