REPORT: CELTICS HAVE INTEREST IN NUGGETS FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI

4 posters

Go down

REPORT: CELTICS HAVE INTEREST IN NUGGETS FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI Empty REPORT: CELTICS HAVE INTEREST IN NUGGETS FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI

Post by 112288 Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:07 pm

REPORT: CELTICS HAVE INTEREST IN NUGGETS FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI

By WEEI

Danilo Gallinari

If the Celtics can’t swing a deal for an A-list star, might they turn their sights to a lesser acquisition that would still improve their team, a la Isaiah Thomas last year?

If so, that player could be Danilo Gallinari.

According to a report from over the weekend on Sportando, a website that tracks worldwide basketball, the Celtics have interest in the Nuggets’ sharpshooter, who’s in the midst of his best season.

The 6-foot-10 Italian, the No. 6 overall pick by the Knicks in the 2008 draft, has rebounded from 2014 knee surgery to post the best numbers of his career. He’s averaging 19.3 points and 5.6 rebounds a game, both career highs, and he ranks among the NBA’s top 10 in free throws made (291, 5th) and attempted (333, 9th).

That the Celtics would have interest shouldn’t be a surprise, since the Herald’s Steve Bulpett reported over the summer that Gallinari was a potential target of Celtics president Danny Ainge and that the sides had discussed a deal.

Gallinari, 27, is signed through the 2017-18 season on a two-year, $34 million extension.

Back to top Go down

REPORT: CELTICS HAVE INTEREST IN NUGGETS FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI Empty Re: REPORT: CELTICS HAVE INTEREST IN NUGGETS FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI

Post by wideclyde Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:02 pm

I would give Denver our Mr. Young, David Lee and either the Cs or Minnesota's first round picks and any two second rounders for Gallinari. Might even give them both of those first round picks along with Young and Lee the more I think about it.

Denver gets salary relief from Lee, two first round picks, two seconds and a down-the-road prospect. Cs get an outside shooting wing player. Not the only move to make for banner #18, but still a roster upgrade.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

REPORT: CELTICS HAVE INTEREST IN NUGGETS FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI Empty Re: REPORT: CELTICS HAVE INTEREST IN NUGGETS FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI

Post by dboss Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:04 pm

He would be a nice fit but there is no way they get 2 first rounders for him. If he could play at both ends of the court then yea 2 first rounders (not the Nets opick) may be reasonable. We do need shooters and he can definitely shoot.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:29 am

My question with Galinari is , who's minutes does he take here?

Jerebko I guess, though we will lose defense for sure.

Turner?
Crowder?

I don't think anyone thinks he would play over Crowder in THIS team.

Turner, maybe I guess but he has been playing really well and along with IT is the ONLY player on our roster who can create his own shot (which he has been doing in crunch time during this winning streak I would point out).

Maybe he'd take minutes from Kelly, but I think Kelly is a better overall player right now.

I guess I have hard time seeing the fit, for the possible cost.

a Jerebko and Turner for Galinari I guess I could see (not sure it meets NBA salary requirements though). so a third team would probably have to be added. Maybe we send the Dallas pick to Denver also and Minnesota's first (really two seconds) to the third team?

anything more and I  don't see it as an upgrade for the Celtics.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down