Report: Ainge favorite Danilo Gallinari will be UFA

+3
fierce
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Report: Ainge favorite Danilo Gallinari will be UFA Empty Report: Ainge favorite Danilo Gallinari will be UFA

Post by 112288 Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Report: Ainge favorite Danilo Gallinari will be UFA

REDS ARMY

Add Danilo Gallinari to the list of UFA’s available this offseason:

Denver Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari intends to pass on the $16.1 million player option on his 2017-18 contract and become an unrestricted free agent this summer, league sources told The Vertical.

Gallinari will become one of the top available forwards in the July marketplace, but league sources say that he remains open to the possibility of returning to the Nuggets on a long-term deal.

[…]

For Gallinari, 28, the move into free agency gives him a chance to lock in the security of a multiyear contract. Gallinari was a significant part of Denver’s push for the Western Conference playoffs in 2016-17, averaging 18.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists this season. Gallinari averaged 19.5 points in the 2015-16 season.

After a knee injury and surgery that cost him the 2013-14 season, Gallinari has re-established the durability of his knee in the past two seasons and possesses a 3-point acumen that makes him a desired commodity in free agency.

Back to top Go down

Report: Ainge favorite Danilo Gallinari will be UFA Empty Re: Report: Ainge favorite Danilo Gallinari will be UFA

Post by bobheckler Wed May 31, 2017 10:50 pm

Gallinari and Hayward are the names being batted around. Both play 3. If Danny lands either one of them then say bye bye to Crowder.

Brown won't be happy either since he wants to move up in the depth chart.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Ainge favorite Danilo Gallinari will be UFA Empty Re: Report: Ainge favorite Danilo Gallinari will be UFA

Post by fierce Wed May 31, 2017 11:04 pm

I wanted Ainge to make a move for Gallo at the trade deadline last Feb.

Jaylen Brown shouldn't be concerned about starting.
It will come, it's just a matter of time.

What's more important is Brown getting more minutes.

fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:50 am

thats one guy I am afraid of in free agency.

misses more game a year than Blake Griffin or Bradley.

if you think Kelly is a bad defender in the NBA, take a look at Gallinari!!

and talk about soft....

the pessimist in me says Danny signs him to a big deal.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:18 am

Hi,
I'd rather DA get Hayward.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:26 am

He is a great shooter. But not a solid defender.

I would be very surprised if DA used his cap space for him given the needs we have at the PF and Center.

Dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:42 am

1.  I agree about Gallinari's defense, or lack of it.  How that fits in with Brad's philosophy I have no idea.  I'm not all that impressed with Hayward's defense neither although, in his defense (pun unintended), he comes from the #1 defensive team.  I realize that Gobert and Favors probably deserve most of that credit but defense is a team thing more so than offense so Hayward deserves some reflected glory for fitting into that effective system.

2.  If Gallinari or Hayward comes in then Crowder is gone (maybe packaged with Bradley?) and that might fix our problems at big.

3.  Fultz will fix our problem at shooter.

Trader Danny has been waiting, and trying, to swing for the fences.  Brad gave him a team that overachieved and that makes the players look good to other GMs.  Because there aren't any high quality bigs in this draft we will almost certainly be drafting someone 6'8" or shorter.  Because we have holes and needs that are in positions taller than 6'8" it seems reasonable to me that there will be moves to correct that imbalance, either by trading the #1 pick for that big or trading one of our current guards/wings for a big.

The season is over.  It's time to fall out of love with the players and back away a bit, because change is a'comin'.  I don't see anyway around it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:46 am

bobheckler wrote:1.  I agree about Gallinari's defense, or lack of it.  How that fits in with Brad's philosophy I have no idea.  I'm not all that impressed with Hayward's defense neither although, in his defense (pun unintended), he comes from the #1 defensive team.  I realize that Gobert and Favors probably deserve most of that credit but defense is a team thing more so than offense so Hayward deserves some reflected glory for fitting into that effective system.

2.  If Gallinari or Hayward comes in then Crowder is gone (maybe packaged with Bradley?) and that might fix our problems at big.

3.  Fultz will fix our problem at shooter.

Trader Danny has been waiting, and trying, to swing for the fences.  Brad gave him a team that overachieved and that makes the players look good to other GMs.  Because there aren't any high quality bigs in this draft we will almost certainly be drafting someone 6'8" or shorter.  Because we have holes and needs that are in positions taller than 6'8" it seems reasonable to me that there will be moves to correct that imbalance, either by trading the #1 pick for that big or trading one of our current guards/wings for a big.

The season is over.  It's time to fall out of love with the players and back away a bit, because change is a'comin'.  I don't see anyway around it.

bob

Agree. 60% of our starting lineup could change this off season. My ideal team would have IT, Smart, Hayward, JaMychal Green and Horford with Rozier, Fultz, Brown, Kennedy Meeks and Zizic. One more year overseas for Yabba, keep Jackson and maybe Jerebko
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:49 pm

The most important thing that you have on this team is Chemistry.

I can see an upgrade at PF and 2-3 rotation changes.

Danny should bring back the core players if he wants to maintain continuity.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down