beat
swedeinestonia
pete
RosalieTCeltics
jeb
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ABC A New Low In Broadcasting! Empty ABC A New Low In Broadcasting!

Post by 112288 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:51 pm

These guys on ABC are a real joke. So non-professional. I guess they are like good puppy dogs and getting their instructions from Commish Stern. I cannot stand it anymore. I am forced to hit the mute button! They are real ass kissers to James. I am getting to hate Cleveland as much as the Lakers.

Go Celtics!

Last edited by 112288 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ABC A New Low In Broadcasting! Empty Re: ABC A New Low In Broadcasting!

Post by jeb Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:38 pm

yeah it was unprofessional. James is one hell of a player but geeze they just upped the cavs and beat on the c's all day. Hard to listen to.

I think those two are the worst of a pretty bad bunch.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Thank God I live in Boston, I just mute it and listen to Cedric and Sean Grande on the radio whenever the Celts are on any national channel.

You know, I know they lost the game today, but, 16 foul shots??????????
That last one was ridiculous. And look at what went on at the other end of the court when KG went up for a shot, it got blocked, he went up again, and then he finally got one. James was standing behind him while he was taking the shots talking to him. I would have finished the free throws and then turned around and told him to go ...........! Not very lady like, huh????

What is up with PP?? He is just not himself. I know in the end he had 18 points but, where did they come from?? I wonder how many misses he had.
I feel bad, he is so frustrated!

Then those wonderful announcers said that the rumor was that the Knicks were going to make a run at Ray at the end of the season. What do you all think??? Is he gone?? I can't imagine Doc letting Danny let him go, he is the most durable player he has had. Just my opinion, as you all know. A KNICK?????? GROSS!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:26 pm

rosie t

It was really bad today. Both of those guys make it kinda personal inre the celtics and they just kiss Jame's feet. Man you cant even be in the DISCUSSION for greatest anything until you have carried your team to a title. For the love of Pete.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:32 pm

All Lebron, all the time. It has been this way for a few years now.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm

How much pressure do announcers in general to not "question" the league, officals and so on?

Do they have freedom of speech on the broadcasts? Not meaning this one in specific but more in general.

The Bucks announcers were pretty interesting too Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:39 pm

swede

I am a conspiracy thinker on this one. I think they are told not to focus on officiating and I also think either for personal financial interest or by command they never mess with the money train.

But I could be crazy.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:45 pm

With this kind of MONEY involved and the league in financial straits I cant see Stern calling too many shots inregards to to what the announcers say,

June 28, 2007|Dawn C. Chmielewski and Greg Johnson, Times Staff WritersWalt Disney Co.'s ABC and ESPN and Time Warner Inc.'s TNT agreed Wednesday to pay the National Basketball Assn. $7.4 billion over eight years for rights to televise its games and, in one of the first deals of its kind, stream action on the Internet and mobile devices.

The deal, which begins in 2008 and runs through the 2015-16 season, works out to an average of about $930 million a year. That's a 22% increase over the $765-million average under the current agreement, industry sources said. The expanded digital rights contributed to the increase, along with the continuing rise in the cost of television rights.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:49 pm

ABC I assume gets to pick what games it shows on national TV I would guess, so as to generate the best ratings and recoup what they can from advertisers.

I can't see Stern saying too much about his cash cow. But in looking at many games on the tube with less than successful seasons and even some good teams there appears to be lots of empty seats in the background of many arenas.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:51 pm

related but unrelated, does anyone use the nba league pass mobile?

It is only 20 dollars so I was thinking about getting it for my ipod touch. Not sure about quality or if I can even get it "international" though.

League pass is alil steep at 80 or whatever dollars for the remaining games.

Been increasingly difficult to find good streams and do not really wanna stay up in the AM just to find out that the stream got blocked in the 4th Razz
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 pm

pete wrote:All Lebron, all the time. It has been this way for a few years now.

Pete

i was just about to say the same thing.

Pete and I had an on-going joke about this during the entire Celts-Cavs series during the championship run.

Only problem is that now the Cavs are almost undeniably the better team, so unless the C's get back their chemistry, it does not look like we'll get the satisfaction of rubbing it in the announcers' faces following another banner.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:20 pm

NES,

Those were the days!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:27 pm

It is funny that a Celtics fan complains about ABC's announcers praise of LeBron.
Heinsohn is the worst homer in professional sports.
Cedric Cornrows is pretty bad too.

Heinsohn is almost impossible to listen to. To him, no Celtics player ever committed a foul.

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:34 pm

tjmakz wrote:.... To him, no Celtics player ever committed a foul.

Care to provide factual proof?
Thank you very much,
AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Speaking of homers the Milwaukee ones were some of the most biased ones I have ever heard.

Heinsohn is very green in most of his views but I would say they took it a step further.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Rosalie, you asked what people's thoughts were on Ray going to the Knicks next year. I think it's ultimately going to fall on Ray, which may be obvious because he's a free agent, but I think the C's will offer him what they are going to offer. I don't think they are going to get into a bidding war with the Knicks. I have a feeling Ray wants to retire Green more than he cares about how much $$ he's going to get paid.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Hopefully you are right. He has made his thoughts clear that he wants to stay here and retire. I just hope the Celtics want him as much as he wants to stay. He had a tough first half of the season shooting, but defense and his durability make him so important to this team. Can you imagine what they would be like without him? I know Joe Johnson is available, but, he has been here and done it once with Boston. I doubt he will return here. Ray has proven his worth as far as I am concerned. But, then again, you all know that. I have been in his corner for years. I only felt this way about one other player, and that was John Havlicek. He was a true, green Celtic. Ray reminds me of him alot. Class all the way. I guess only time will tell..
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:27 pm

tjmakz wrote:It is funny that a Celtics fan complains about ABC's announcers praise of LeBron.
Heinsohn is the worst homer in professional sports.
Cedric Cornrows is pretty bad too.

Heinsohn is almost impossible to listen to. To him, no Celtics player ever committed a foul.

Yeah, but Heinsohn is a Celtics broadcaster. The bias of the team-specific broadcasters doesn't bother me one iota. The ABC crew of Jeff Van-Gundy and the other two clowns is supposed to be unbiased, but all they ever do is suck Lebron's... nevermind...

Listen, I could be mistaken, but that seems like an important distinction.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:31 pm

I obviously have no inside info, just a gut feeling that since the C's didn't use his expiring contract this year, that they intend to allow him to retire here. It would be an awful move on the C's part not to trade him this year and then let him walk away in free agency next year. Financially, I don't believe the C's can afford that option even if they wanted to. They are already well over the projected cap with the 6 (?) players signed next year. If I understand it correctly, we can exceed the cap to re-sign our own players, but not to sign players from other teams.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Yeah could be a deal between Ray and Ainge or something.

Ray might have said "please dont trade me, I will sign for cheap".
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Do you think Ray would give up millions of dollars to stay on an aging and unathletic Celtics team?
No way.

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Who knows, maybe he likes his teammates.

That is a priceless concept.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:55 pm

I think it's partially the fact that his youngest child has diabetes and can get some of the best care in the world in Boston. Plus his children are in school and I doubt he wants to re-locate his whole family when he probably only has another couple years left.

I'm sure there are a number of factors, but the fact that he's stated that he wants to stay in Boston would top the list for most thinking people.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:59 pm

What is Ray supposed to say that he can't wait until his time is up in Boston?
His saying that he wants to stay is equal to Garnett telling the owner that he guarantees back to back championships.

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:01 pm

We will have to wait and see.

No matter if he leaves or not he is a good guy.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next