beat
swedeinestonia
pete
RosalieTCeltics
jeb
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ABC A New Low In Broadcasting! - Page 2 Empty Re: ABC A New Low In Broadcasting!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

I agree he is a good guy and a future hall of famer.

Back to top Go down

ABC A New Low In Broadcasting! - Page 2 Empty Re: ABC A New Low In Broadcasting!

Post by Sam Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:24 pm

TJ,

Please enlighten me about the makeup of the Celtics next season. As I understand it, less than half a roster-full is signed beyond this year. How is it established beyond any doubt that the Celtics will be an "aging and unathletic" team in 2010-11? With the collective bargaining agreement a major factor soon, the composition of this team (and others) could change dramatically overnight within a couple of years. Moreover, what would happen to Ray's decision-making if he were promised a coaching or front office job after his playing days?

The fact is that that, as I keep saying, the present is not the future. That's why they pay guys like Danny Ainge to think about this stuff 100% of the time, to be creative, to cultivate opportunities, and to cooperate with ownership in taking advantage of the opportunities as they arise.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:26 pm

The Front office really is a underestimated part of a good ball club.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:53 am

tjmaks

Did you happen to watch that game? It was pretty bad. James is a great player. world class but there are certain things he aint done yet.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:16 am

James is "All World Class" in EVERY respect. Ray Allen is a classy gentlement, a renowned humanitarian who espouses all the right values!-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:28 am

Never seen a Laker fan so worried about a CELTIC announcer being biased towards the C's or so wrried about an "aging" Celtic team. Or even about how many wins we'll hav ein 2 years. Heck I'm not concerened with 2 years down the road and not a whole lot about next year even.
Sort of like to get thru this one.

TJ you are a TRUE troll.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:46 am

Beat: Your son's baseball uniform reminds me of the old Pittsburgh Pirates uniform. What do you think?-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:48 am

MDCelticFan wrote:James is "All World Class" in EVERY respect. Ray Allen is a classy gentlement, a renowned humanitarian who espouses all the right values!-MD.

MD,

So, how is the part-time gig with ABC going? ABC A New Low In Broadcasting! - Page 2 Icon_razz

gyso ABC A New Low In Broadcasting! - Page 2 Icon_wink

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:30 am

MD

The schools colors are Black and Gold. That photo is the JV uniform from last year. They haven't given out the Varsity one's yet.

Yeah it does resemble the 60's Pirates quite a bit. They had stripped socks and ours are plain black.

ABC A New Low In Broadcasting! - Page 2 71t_ro10

Season starts in 2 weeks and he is really excited. I watched a little of their practice yesterday and he was splitting time at first with a senior who also plays outfield. As we were heading home he said "you know Pat's a senior and even if I don't play a lot I'm learning so much and being that I'm a freshman That should be my position the next 3 years when I'm not pitching."

Got him a new hit-a-way yesterday as he had beaten his last one to death ( ball with a flexable cable through it that wraps around a poll when you hit it and unwraps and you hit it again ect ect.) great traing tool.

Got it on our hoop post. He was out there swinging away and hitting that thing till well after dark.

Even spent the hour prior to practice after school yesterday running halls.

He's got such a great attitude and is working harder than ever this year.

Last edited by beat on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 am

GYSO: I don't know about this ABC GIG, Man all they keep tellin' me is, "Check's in the mail."-(LOL)-MD!

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:51 am

Beat: Picture of Clemente brings back the heartache of Pirates 7 game series win over the Orioles in '71! That's when Baltimore had a great baseball team led by Frank & Brooks Robinson! We had four 20 game winners that year. When we needed to win game 6 to force game 7 Bob Prince was making snide remarks, "Hey the Bucs are making relievers out of their 20 game winners." Considering Clemente's class and ability he was due more than one title. Shame it had to be at the Bird's expense!-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:29 am

MD

recall that series quite well.
Clemente was a heck of a player loved to watch him in the outfield and that cannon of an arm he had.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:49 am

Sam wrote:TJ,

Please enlighten me about the makeup of the Celtics next season. As I understand it, less than half a roster-full is signed beyond this year. How is it established beyond any doubt that the Celtics will be an "aging and unathletic" team in 2010-11? With the collective bargaining agreement a major factor soon, the composition of this team (and others) could change dramatically overnight within a couple of years. Moreover, what would happen to Ray's decision-making if he were promised a coaching or front office job after his playing days?

The fact is that that, as I keep saying, the present is not the future. That's why they pay guys like Danny Ainge to think about this stuff 100% of the time, to be creative, to cultivate opportunities, and to cooperate with ownership in taking advantage of the opportunities as they arise.

Sam

Sam,

Boston has 6 players signed for next year. You have Perkins, Wallace, Pierce and Davis on the team next year who are all either older or unathletic or both. Garnett is becoming increasingly slower due to his age and injuries. Rondo is great and should be an all-star for the next 10 years.
Boston can't sign a top free agent and they are limited as far as trades because no team will take back Pierce at $21.5m next year or Garnett at $40m over the next 2 years.
Nobody knows what will happen to the collective bargaining agreement. The players will have to agree to receive a lower percentage of the league revenue and lower maximum salaries and for a shorter period. The players are not going to get a better deal by not agreeing early. The NHL players learned that lesson a couple of years ago.
If the Celtics try to fix their problem with a MLE signing or by signing a Wallace/Williams type of player, their rebuilding process will be slow.

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 am

REBUILDING?

What for has our building fallen or something?
Bit extreme terminology IMO

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Beat: He should have used the term, retooling instead!-(not Keyon Retooling either-(LOL)-MD.!

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:06 pm

beat wrote:REBUILDING?

beat

The Dallas Mavericks are always re-tooling.
With the make-up of Boston's core players, do you think that Boston just needs to add a new player here and there?
You may be right, but i am not so sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:11 pm

MD

I don't get this guy at all. geesh 2 years ago we won the whole thing. But for a KG injury we could have done it again last year but still took Orlando to 7 in the conference semis with what we did have. Now we still have one of the better records in the league and started out 23-5. Yeah things have gone a bit south since but my god we are far from needing to rebuild.

And to come on this site, A CELTIC site and bash Tommy Heishon for being a homer? Comparing him to national TV announcers is just crazy. TH has much more insight on the game than that bunch will ever have. he's worked for this team for how many years....nearly 50 I believe and is due a whole lot more respect than this guy has shown homer or not!

He musta never heard Johnny Most!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:14 pm

tjmakz wrote:

beat

With the make-up of Boston's core players, do you think that Boston just needs to add a new player here and there?

So what has Dallas ever won?

Why do you give a hoot about us anyway?

I for the life of me cannot figure out why your even here.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:58 pm

beat wrote:MD

I don't get this guy at all. geesh 2 years ago we won the whole thing. But for a KG injury we could have done it again last year but still took Orlando to 7 in the conference semis with what we did have. Now we still have one of the better records in the league and started out 23-5. Yeah things have gone a bit south since but my god we are far from needing to rebuild.

And to come on this site, A CELTIC site and bash Tommy Heishon for being a homer? Comparing him to national TV announcers is just crazy. TH has much more insight on the game than that bunch will ever have. he's worked for this team for how many years....nearly 50 I believe and is due a whole lot more respect than this guy has shown homer or not!

He musta never heard Johnny Most!

beat

Two years ago it took Boston 20 games just to get out of the Eastern Conference. Then they played a great series against LA.
Last year they barely got by the Bulls in 7 games.
This Celtics team is not an all-time great team. (Neither is LA).
Age and injuries have caught up to Boston.

How do you think Heinsohn is viewed outside of Boston? How was Phil Rizzuto viewed outside of NY?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:00 pm

beat wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

beat

So what has Dallas ever won?

Why do you give a hoot about us anyway?

I for the life of me cannot figure out why your even here.

beat

That is my point, Dallas has tried to patch major holes with band-aids.
Why shouldn't I care?
Would you be happy being around people that all agreed with you 100% of the time?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:06 pm

tj

Is your point really that Tommy is a homer? What the hell would you expect? Did you ever hear J Most?

It took the Lakers a few games to get out of the west too tj. seven against houston and six against denver etc.

Inre age and injuries. Not right now. We got our whole team and are starting to build some nice flow. If we go into the playoffs healthy I think we will be a very dangerous team. The 10 season will be decided on who goes into the playoffs healthiest and cresting the wave. One injurie could derail any team and especially the teams that rely heavily on one guy.

Cmon bro you dont know the future. None of us do. There are 6 or 7 teams that could win it this year. To count the Celtics out is shortsighted imho. They are laden with cagey vets and very deep and balanced.

ANyway should make for really fun playoff hoop.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:06 pm

MY GOD MAN

I could give a HORSES ASS about what people think and least of all YOU about Tommy Heishon outside of New England! But actually I think MOST would view him for what he is a passionate Celtic!!! PERIOD.

If you don't care for him there is a mute button or change the channel.

Consider you will not win any respect from me on this board! I can't speak for others but I find you confrontational and above that unknowledgeable.

And I really don't think I'm alone either.

beat

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 pm

jeb65 wrote:tj

Is your point really that Tommy is a homer? What the hell would you expect? Did you ever hear J Most?

It took the Lakers a few games to get out of the west too tj. seven against houston and six against denver etc.

Inre age and injuries. Not right now. We got our whole team and are starting to build some nice flow. If we go into the playoffs healthy I think we will be a very dangerous team. The 10 season will be decided on who goes into the playoffs healthiest and cresting the wave. One injurie could derail any team and especially the teams that rely heavily on one guy.

Cmon bro you dont know the future. None of us do. There are 6 or 7 teams that could win it this year. To count the Celtics out is shortsighted imho. They are laden with cagey vets and very deep and balanced.

ANyway should make for really fun playoff hoop.

If you listen to other Celtics fans they have been up and down all season about the Celtics. Trade Allen, fire Doc, bech PP, get rid of this guy...
When Boston has a nice run, they are championship contenders, when they lose two in a row, or to the Nets at home Boston fans jump off the ship.
Blowout wins against Det, Ind and NY does not make Boston a championship caliber team.
How is Boston a deep team, with Rasheed? With BBD? Nate, or a 37 year old player that was waived by a playoff team?

If the Celtics play perfect bb, they can beat Orlando or Cle for a game or two, but I don't see if for a long series and if you had to put money on it, I bet you would see it differently then you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:32 pm

NESportsfan12 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:It is funny that a Celtics fan complains about ABC's announcers praise of LeBron.
Heinsohn is the worst homer in professional sports.
Cedric Cornrows is pretty bad too.

Heinsohn is almost impossible to listen to. To him, no Celtics player ever committed a foul.

Yeah, but Heinsohn is a Celtics broadcaster. The bias of the team-specific broadcasters doesn't bother me one iota. The ABC crew of Jeff Van-Gundy and the other two clowns is supposed to be unbiased, but all they ever do is suck Lebron's... nevermind...

Listen, I could be mistaken, but that seems like an important distinction.

nesportsfan,

EXACTLY!!

Heinsohn's a Celtic broadcaster. Walt Frazier is a Knicks broadcaster. Mychal Thompson is a Lakers broadcaster. Expecting hometown broadcasters to be right down the middle of the road is unrealistic.

ABC should be more impartial, since they're not hired to service any one franchise territory and their hometown fans like those other guys are.

bob
Cedric Cornrows?
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:
NESportsfan12 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:It is funny that a Celtics fan complains about ABC's announcers praise of LeBron.
Heinsohn is the worst homer in professional sports.
Cedric Cornrows is pretty bad too.

Heinsohn is almost impossible to listen to. To him, no Celtics player ever committed a foul.

Yeah, but Heinsohn is a Celtics broadcaster. The bias of the team-specific broadcasters doesn't bother me one iota. The ABC crew of Jeff Van-Gundy and the other two clowns is supposed to be unbiased, but all they ever do is suck Lebron's... nevermind...

Listen, I could be mistaken, but that seems like an important distinction.

nesportsfan,

EXACTLY!!

Heinsohn's a Celtic broadcaster. Walt Frazier is a Knicks broadcaster. Mychal Thompson is a Lakers broadcaster. Expecting hometown broadcasters to be right down the middle of the road is unrealistic.

ABC should be more impartial, since they're not hired to service any one franchise territory and their hometown fans like those other guys are.

bob
Cedric Cornrows?

ABC announcers are usually fair to both teams. Just because they say something that you don't like about your team, that does not make them impartial.
If they said Boston will lose in the first round of the playoffs, that would be wrong.
I don't think they said anything out of line against the Celtics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next