Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford

4 posters

Go down

Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford Empty Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:16 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/mike-gorman-boston-celtics-should-keep-draft-picks-and-pursue-al-horford

Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford

February 24, 2016, 1:00 pm

Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford Byline_toucherandrich

Disappointed the Celtics didn't make a move at the trade deadline?

Well, Mike Gorman isn't. In fact, Comcast SportsNet's voice of the Celtics was delighted the C's stayed intact.

"I was very happy the team stood pat," said the veteran play-by-play announcer during his weekly appearance on Toucher & Rich. "I didn't want to break this up. They're a good bunch of guys who are playing well . . . Why would they mess that up? And I'm glad they didn't."

And while he says "no one's asked me," here's what his strategy would be going forward:

"I think the best plan for the Celtics is to chase Al Horford or someone like him in the offseason, keep your draft picks, hope you get lucky with the bouncing balls, [and] go into next year with one of the top three college players in the country and a free agent. And I think you'll have a really good team."

bob
MY NOTE: Does Mike know how many picks we have this draft?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford Empty Re: Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:59 pm

someone like him?

the list in no particular order: ( with my guess on first year salary)

A. Horford ( $20M plus)
A. Jefferson ( $12-15M?)
P. Gasol ( $15-20M)
J. Noah ( $15-20M)
T. Mozgov ( $10-12M)
Z. Pachulia ( $8-12M)
M. Speights ( $8-10M)
D. Howard ( $20M Plus)
J. Hill ( $8-12M)
I. Mahinmi ($8-12M)
R. Hibbert ( $10-15M)
H. Whiteside ( $15-20M)
Nene ( $8-10M)

I think that's all of them.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford Empty Re: Gorman: C's should keep picks and sign Horford

Post by swish Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:01 pm

If draft picks would land Okafor I'm all for it. You can never predict with 100 percent certainly the degree of success that any given player will enjoy in the future but if Danny were to decide to go all in for Okafor i could understand why. For a player that just turned 20 in December he has put up some pretty decent numbers. The below link compares him with other big men of similar age over the last 16 years, during their rookie season. I think he fits quite well. It wouldn't affect our abundant cap space for free agency while providing a youthful presence for the long term. Of course this possible trade only has legs if the rumored trade between the 76ers and the Celts was actually discussed.

The tiny URL for your query is:

http://bkref.com/tiny/LU4cC

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Bob,

Exactly correct! Far too many picks to keep all in one draft.

Picks will not be needed now for Horford, but definitely need to be used in some other trades or they will be wasted. As it stands, their value has likely been lessened already due to having so many of them heading into the off season.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down