5 Reasons Why Hayward Should Sign or Not Sign With The Celtics

5 posters

Go down

5 Reasons Why Hayward Should Sign or Not Sign With The Celtics Empty 5 Reasons Why Hayward Should Sign or Not Sign With The Celtics

Post by dboss Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:55 am

Reason # one:

Boston Celtics have a history of winning Championships but Utah has never won anything.

Utah has as good a chance of winning as Boston and Boston has not won in 9 years.

Reason # two

Hayward can make the same money signing a shorter term contract and then be eligible for an even bigger pay day

Why leave real money on the table.  If a serious injury occurs he may never see another payday like this.  He can make more guaranteed money staying in Utah

Reason # 3

Boston is a culturally diverse city that provides a great atmosphere that supports the Celtics.  Hayward could be the prince of the city.

SLC offers that quiet and reserved hometown feel and the Utah fans are great fans that have always supported their team.  If Hayward leaves he would be slapping them in the face.  

Reason # four

Hayward would have a real shot of being an allstar again at SF because most of the SF talent is now in the West.  He could also be named to one of the all NBA teams which would increase his chances of making more money.  

Hayward is a competitor.  Going up against Durant, Leonard, Butler or even Paul George is a challenge that he wants.

Reason # 5

Hayward would be a perfect fit in Brad's pace and space offense.  He already has a history with Brad at Butler.  He would not have to be the main guy in Boston because IT would take a lot of pressure off of him.

Hayward really needs to play with a big man that can play in the post.  The Utah offense is more diverse than Boston and the pace is perfect for Hayward.  Hayward can rely on Gobert to help on defense and Rubio will bring more excitement to the team.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons Why Hayward Should Sign or Not Sign With The Celtics Empty Re: 5 Reasons Why Hayward Should Sign or Not Sign With The Celtics

Post by gyso Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Great post, it captures quite a bit of the pros and cons.

gyso

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons Why Hayward Should Sign or Not Sign With The Celtics Empty Re: 5 Reasons Why Hayward Should Sign or Not Sign With The Celtics

Post by wideclyde Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:37 pm

If this guy was having issues in Utah, all these reasons may give him thought of leaving there, but with no reported problems there he can best protect his family immediately and for several generations (and beyond) by taking the $173 M over five years.

I would like the Cs to be able to sign him, but I just do not see it happening. $53 M in one stroke of his pen is too much not to take (at least for most guys).

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Within the next 48 hours we are going to know something.

The system is set up so that teams can keep their stars.  I really do not see him signing with the Heat because the Celtics are a lot closer to their goal.  If he does not sign with us I am ok with that.  Just don't sign with the Heat.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by ginoc Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:02 pm

I agree with most of the comparisons, but really thing the C's are much closer to being a real contender, especially with him. That includes Tatum, Brown and the BKN pick as blue chip prospects.

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:15 am

With so much attention and as the level of drama intensifies, how about a serious plan C?

A = George and B = Hayward.

I have heard Danilo Gallinari's name mentioned and if Boston's plan is to focus on upgrading the pace and space. Danilo would be a viable option.

Most surprising stat is his 11.9 FGA per game and led the team in scoring at 18.2.  Talk about offensive efficiency...He can shoot the rock as well as Hayward but he does not have the same one on one skills.  However he may actually be a better fit.  At 6"  10"    He is a small forward  that could also swing over to the 4 in small ball sessions.  His 5.2 boards per game are as good as Hayward.  You could tender a 2-3 year offer and not miss a beat.  

If Boston is more interested in physical size combined with offensive output Serge should be an option as well.  He can stretch the floor rebound and block shots plus he is a very physical player.

Additional size will be secured through free agency at short money.  The Golden Egg will address the size issue moving forward.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:34 pm

Thus far players are chasing $$$$$

My concern is that Utah has a big advantage over every team.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:37 pm

My gut is telling me that he's staying in Utah.

Just my gut.

They went out and got Rubio for him. They re-signed Ingles for him. Gobert is blowing him french kisses, and they can pay him more money.

Strike 3 for Danny, I think. Hope I'm wrong.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by ginoc Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:39 pm

dboss wrote:Thus far players are chasing $$$$$

Dboss

Not necessarily, if he signs 3 year with an opt out at 2 he could get a much bigger deal being a 10 year vet. There's also other terms like no trades etc.

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:52 pm

ginoc wrote:
dboss wrote:Thus far players are chasing $$$$$

Dboss

Not necessarily, if he signs 3 year with an opt out at 2 he could get a much bigger deal being a 10 year vet. There's also other terms like no trades etc.

Yes on paper that is possible but at age 30 his value may be on the decline. The 5 year option now remains a more secure option than the what if option.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down