cowens/oldschool
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Final Four and Beyond - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Four and Beyond

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 am

kdp59 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:Pelicans are currently in the 6th slot, and even though this article hypothesizes what they would do in the unlikely event they get to draft third, there was enough dicsussion of a bunch of players in it that I thought I would post it.  It also suggests a couple of trades NO could make with the Celtics - one of which is absurd:  Avery Bradley even up for Omer Asik.  No thanks.

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/4/4/11354314/2016-nba-draft-new-orleans-pelicans-third-lottery-jamal-murray-buddy-hield

steve,

It's amazing (or maybe not really) how much of an impact the past can have on future expectations.  We Boston Celtics fans expect championships but we expect to get shitty pingpong ball bounces.  Nwalins?  The opposite.  Personally I prefer our way.

Chad Ford has us taking Murray, if our pick is high enough but not so high as to attain Simmons or Ingram, over Hield.  He says that Danny and Brad love multi-positional versatility and that moved Murray up on his projection for us.

bob

If Ainge drafts a guard with the Nets pick, there will need to be a trade at some point, IMO.

Thomas
Bradley
Smart
and Now Rozier

leaves little minutes for another guard.

but the way the draft is falling today, at the 4-6 pick  the best players are all guards!

Unless Bender drops out of the top three after workouts.

I still think J. Brown is the best "fit" for us as another wing player, but he's dropped down at this point. I think he'll rise some with workouts myself, but who knows.

kdp,

What does it say about the NBA that the top two picks are both wings, the first big projected to go is the newest flavor-of-the-month, Dragan Bender, a Porzingis-like super-long and super-thin PF, and then more wings?  No true BIGS until you get to Poetl around #8, per draftexpress.  Then you have Ellenson and Labissiere at 9 and 10 and Ellenson is a PF and Labissiere is one of the new, Zeller-like centers.  That's your top 10.  Porzingis 2.0, a PF and a 7'0", 215# toothpick and the rest are various-sized gazelles.  Even Poetl, the only one that fits the more traditional NBA center mold, is only 242#.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:05 am

kdp59 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:Pelicans are currently in the 6th slot, and even though this article hypothesizes what they would do in the unlikely event they get to draft third, there was enough dicsussion of a bunch of players in it that I thought I would post it.  It also suggests a couple of trades NO could make with the Celtics - one of which is absurd:  Avery Bradley even up for Omer Asik.  No thanks.

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/4/4/11354314/2016-nba-draft-new-orleans-pelicans-third-lottery-jamal-murray-buddy-hield

steve,

It's amazing (or maybe not really) how much of an impact the past can have on future expectations.  We Boston Celtics fans expect championships but we expect to get shitty pingpong ball bounces.  Nwalins?  The opposite.  Personally I prefer our way.

Chad Ford has us taking Murray, if our pick is high enough but not so high as to attain Simmons or Ingram, over Hield.  He says that Danny and Brad love multi-positional versatility and that moved Murray up on his projection for us.

bob

If Ainge drafts a guard with the Nets pick, there will need to be a trade at some point, IMO.

Thomas
Bradley
Smart
and Now Rozier

leaves little minutes for another guard.

but the way the draft is falling today, at the 4-6 pick  the best players are all guards!

Unless Bender drops out of the top three after workouts.

I still think J. Brown is the best "fit" for us as another wing player, but he's dropped down at this point. I think he'll rise some with workouts myself, but who knows.

plus ET Evan Turner who has been invaluable this season, I'm starting to think as much as there is all this new age pace and space, 3 point game going on, that there is still a place for a defensive predator like Smart and an all around jack of all trade wing like a Turner in the NBA. That just like its hard to get a great franchise center like an Hakeem and Shaq, its hard to get 2 light out shooters at the 1 and 2 like Curry and Thompson , you might get one, but to get two is hard.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:17 pm

yeah I certainly didn't mean to diss on Turner. he just plays more as SF with the ball in his hands than a guard to me.

also I am not sure if he will be back, next year. Danny may try to get an "elite" Wing type player in FA.

I have always liked Turner myself and thought the deal that Danny signed him for was a steal. I've kinda felt sorry for him as he always gets crap for being the second pick in the draft. It wasn;t his fault that it was weak draft that year. I've always felt if Turner was drafted in a year that he went around 6-12 he'd be considered a fine draft pick and player.

if he's back its OK with me, but Danny will trying to upgrade with an elite scorer I think.

and yes Bob, this is a lousy year to be looking to draft a big man it appears.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2