Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?

+5
NESportsfan12
bobheckler
beat
steve3344
Brandon$$
9 posters

Go down

Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame? Empty Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?

Post by Brandon$$ Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Why he should:

Sheed is a good defender and inside-outside scoring threat on offense. Hes in the same group as Kevin Garnett, Chris Webber and Dirk Nowitzki as players who helped change the power forward position. Three-time NBA All-Star. Was an huge part of the 04 championship Pistons. Similar to KG, Rasheed’s fans love him for his passion and leadership, even if his detractors can’t stand his sometimes bad attitude and moodiness. He's a national high school Player of the Year at Simon Gratz H.S. in Philly, Rasheed’s college career was short but got a lot done. He is the ACC’s all-time leader in field-goal percentage and helped lead North Carolina to the Final Four as a sophomore.

Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame? Bos_g_wallace01_576
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame? Empty Re: Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?

Post by steve3344 Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 am

BrandonBanks$$$ wrote:Why he should:

Sheed is a good defender and inside-outside scoring threat on offense. Hes in the same group as Kevin Garnett, Chris Webber and Dirk Nowitzki as players who helped change the power forward position. Three-time NBA All-Star. Was an huge part of the 04 championship Pistons. Similar to KG, Rasheed’s fans love him for his passion and leadership, even if his detractors can’t stand his sometimes bad attitude and moodiness. He's a national high school Player of the Year at Simon Gratz H.S. in Philly, Rasheed’s college career was short but got a lot done. He is the ACC’s all-time leader in field-goal percentage and helped lead North Carolina to the Final Four as a sophomore.

Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame? Bos_g_wallace01_576

I wrote a long post on another thread a month or so ago stating why he shouldn't and why he has absolutely no chance, listing a couple dozen other players who have had as good or better careers than Sheed and have have very few votes in recent elections.

Maybe I'll try to find it. The person who first suggested that wound up agreeing with me after seeing my argument against Sheed getting in.

Simply, no front court player who didn't play in the "pioneer" era of the NBA who couldn't even average 15 points and 7 rebounds a game (he's under both of those now and going lower) has a snowball's chance in Hell of getting in. Many others with far better numbers are not in. Check out Artis Gilmore for example.

Look at Lamar Odom. He's got better numbers than Sheed. Do you think he's a Hall of Famer? I certainly don't and I don't know anyone who would.

And Sheed is NOT in the same group as Kevin Garnett, Chris Webber and Dirk Nowitzki. He may be in the same ERA, but certainly not in their class as players.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame? Empty Re: Should Rasheed Wallace be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am

It's hard to believe that someone would even bring this up, but Rasheed is not even close to a hall of famer.
Not 1 time has he finished in the top 10 of MVP voting in a season.
Garnett's career is more comparable to Juwan Howard, not Webber, Garnett or Nowitzki.

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 am

TJ

your quote

Garnett's career is more comparable to Juwan Howard, not Webber, Garnett or Nowitzki

? did you mean Garnett to compare with himself?

I assume you meant to put Wallace's name there.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:36 am

No, Rasheed should not.

He has been a good player over a long career, but the HOF is for great players.

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 am

beat wrote:TJ

your quote

Garnett's career is more comparable to Juwan Howard, not Webber, Garnett or Nowitzki

? did you mean Garnett to compare with himself?

I assume you meant to put Wallace's name there.

beat

beat,

I did mean to put Wallace's name in there.
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Nope.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 pm

bobheckler wrote:No, Rasheed should not.

bob

/

Aw c'mon Bob; you mean you can't get into The Hall based on "T"s?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 pm

hell of a good nba career. Brilliant...but got to say no. With his innate skills he could have.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:36 pm

NYCelt wrote:

bob

/

NYCelt,

Who has the most turnovers in the history of the game? Maybe he should be nominated too.

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 pm

bobheckler wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

bob

/

NYCelt,

Who has the most turnovers in the history of the game? Maybe he should be nominated too.

bob

/

That would be Karl Malone followed by Moses Malone. Something about those guys named Malone. And yes I'm sure Karl Malone will be there as soon as he's eligible.

I'm guessing you asked the turnover question in the same joking manner in which I implied you should get in for technicals, right?

That would be a clever twist on my original sarcastic question!

Now if I was MD, I'd have a clever quip about the Malones and turnovers!

I'll leave that to him.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:23 pm

NYCelt wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

bob

/

NYCelt,

bob

/

That would be Karl Malone followed by Moses Malone. Something about those guys named Malone. And yes I'm sure Karl Malone will be there as soon as he's eligible.

I'm guessing you asked the turnover question in the same joking manner in which I implied you should get in for technicals, right?

That would be a clever twist on my original sarcastic question!

Now if I was MD, I'd have a clever quip about the Malones and turnovers!

I'll leave that to him.

Regards

NYCelt,

Bingo.

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:04 pm

jeb65 wrote:hell of a good nba career. Brilliant...but got to say no. With his innate skills he could have.

I agree with this. The skills were there, the desire was not.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 pm

bobheckler, this resurrection is for you (it's the second of the two threads attempting to start a debate on this absurd subject)...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:08 am

If we turn over one more Malone, we might find Jeff (lol)-If getting into the HOF can be based on agruements and technicals "Sheed's there in his own wing. Also must be able to say, "Ball Don't Lie."-And you must have at least one marajuanna charge on your record, and have quit on at least one team that was PAYING your salary WHEN THEY NEEDED YOU MOST!-MD. For the rest, I'll just leave well enough Malone (or is it alone?)-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down