REPORTS: RASHEED WALLACE TO JOIN KNICKS

+3
beat
MDCelticsFan
7 posters

Go down

REPORTS: RASHEED WALLACE TO JOIN KNICKS Empty REPORTS: RASHEED WALLACE TO JOIN KNICKS

Post by 112288 Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:53 am

By: WEEI

According to multiple reports out of New York, former Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace will sign a one-year contract with the Knicks for the veteran's minimum of $1.7 million.

The 38-year-old Wallace last played during the 2009-10 season, during which he helped the Celtics reach Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Wallace reportedly spent much of last week at the Knicks' training facility, undergoing a physical with the team. He has previously played under current Knicks head coach Mike Woodson, who was an assistant with the Pistons during the forward's time in Detroit.

When asked about Wallace's return, Celtics coach Doc Rivers told reporters he wasn't surprised.

"I saw him at a couple games last year, college games [because] he’s up in North Carolina a lot, and when we talked he was definitely throwing feelers out about playing, even last year," said Rivers according to ESPNBoston.com "I’m not surprised that he made the comeback. I was surprised he retired to begin with. I thought he had more to give. I think when you play that long, you get tired of the conditioning. You get tired of the practice. And guys like that would love to just play in the games. So he probably needed that break, and now he’s working out again, and probably refreshed."

Back to top Go down

REPORTS: RASHEED WALLACE TO JOIN KNICKS Empty Re: REPORTS: RASHEED WALLACE TO JOIN KNICKS

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 am

I can't see 'Sheed giving any more for Woodson than he did for Doc. If he was in better shape, the Celtics would have had a better shot in Game 7 in LA a couple of years back. He'll likely pitch a tent at the 3 point line and jack up 3's off of errand passes and long rebounds. Also how good of condition can he be in 2 years older?

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

REPORTS: RASHEED WALLACE TO JOIN KNICKS Empty Re: REPORTS: RASHEED WALLACE TO JOIN KNICKS

Post by 112288 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 am

"Sheed is a joke. If he was in shape the season he played for us we would have won the championship but he was in no shape to even play 1 game with 15 minutes. I say he was directly responsible for the loss!

He is a bum!

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:14 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:I can't see 'Sheed giving any more for Woodson than he did for Doc. If he was in better shape, the Celtics would have had a better shot in Game 7 in LA a couple of years back. He'll likely pitch a tent at the 3 point line and jack up 3's off of errand passes and long rebounds. Also how good of condition can he be in 2 years older?

MD!

He'll jack threes.........

If Melo ever gives up the ball.................

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:46 am

At the peak of his career - Sheed was often a negative, disruptive force on and off the court. Now, with very few skills left - he has even less to offer on the positive side.

Exactly what the Knicks dont need...another selfish fool who plays no D and is all for himself...then again, that seems to be their favorite kind of player.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:06 pm

My son-in-law is a Knicks fan. He didn't know what to say, except that Kurt Thomas already gives the Knicks what Sheed would provide, without the bs.

Camby, Thomas and Sheed, the Big AARP!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Without seeing him in uniform for the last 2 years, I would think that Rasheed is still a better player then Kurt Thomas. Kurt is a good guy and a leader for the younger guys but he has very little/nothing left as an NBA player. I would think these two would be fighting for the last roster spot.

If Kenyon Martin decided to take the veterans minimum, both of these guys would be gone.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Beat:

If Melo doesn't give up the ball, all 'Sheed can have is Jack Cheese. And he'll need to cut most of that! (LOL)!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 pm

I like Sheed's talent, and in his day (before we got him), he was formidable. But his day is done.

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down