+3
steve3344
bobheckler
RosalieTCeltics
7 posters

Go down

NO SUSPENSION Empty NO SUSPENSION

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Looks like IT dodged a bullet, NBA announced there was no suspension being handed out. Now he has to watch himself, he has 15 tech's for the year, one more and he will be suspended.

Thank God for "small" favors, or big whichever way you want to look at it.

Roslie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

NO SUSPENSION Empty Re: NO SUSPENSION

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:29 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Looks like IT dodged a bullet, NBA announced there was no suspension being handed out.  Now he has to watch himself, he has 15 tech's for the year, one more and he will be suspended.

Roslie

Rosalie,

Thanks for the update, HOWEVER, the news gets even better.

At the end of the season the technical foul count hits reset back to 0.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-03-19/sports/os-nba-technical-foul-rule-0320-20100319_1_technical-foul-suspension-fine

I believe you get suspended after your 7th playoff technical per series.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Funny, Mike and Tommy were not aware of this, They made a comment during a game (not this last one) about how dangerously close IT was to being suspended. I could be mistaken and it could have been during one of the last games of the regular season.

He still needs to keep his emotions in check, not only for himself, but for the team/ Thanks for this info, I was concerned that someone would bait him in the next game and BAM, he would be out.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:52 pm

bobheckler wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Looks like IT dodged a bullet, NBA announced there was no suspension being handed out.  Now he has to watch himself, he has 15 tech's for the year, one more and he will be suspended.

Roslie

Rosalie,

Thanks for the update, HOWEVER, the news gets even better.

At the end of the season the technical foul count hits reset back to 0.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-03-19/sports/os-nba-technical-foul-rule-0320-20100319_1_technical-foul-suspension-fine

I believe you get suspended after your 7th playoff technical per series.

bob

Bob,

You don't get 7 per series. You're allowed 6 for the entire playoffs and then you start getting suspended.

Players' and coaches' technical-foul counts revert to zero once the playoffs arrive, and the league uses the following technical-foul schedule:

Technical fouls 1-2: $1,000 fine each

Technical fouls 3-4: $1,500 fine each

Technical fouls 5-6: $2,000 fine each (with a warning letter sent once the fifth tech is reached)

Technical foul 7: $2,500 fine plus one-game suspension

Each additional technical foul: $2,500 fine

Each two additional technical fouls (the 9th, 11th, 13th, etc.): $2,500 fine plus one-game suspension

SOURCE: NBA

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:58 pm

No suspension for IT but Smart got hit with a $5,000 fine for his ridiculous flop where he launched himself in the air after being lightly bumped by Korver. See it again here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/watch-celtics-marcus-smart-fined-5-000-outrageous-flop-article-1.2612429

How embarrassing to pull stuff like that. Our players should be better than that. Not a good look.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Smart is a very rugged player, he doesn't need to pull pansy stuff like that. What an embarrassment.

Wonder what Brad will, or maybe already has, say to him about flopping.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Good

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:26 am

I didn't realize IT had that many T's during the season. That's what I get for going without LP!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:33 am

The correct wording is indeed dodging a bullet.  IT should have been suspended but this goes into the whole after the game bs with judging the refs' performances.  

The NBA has opened the door wide now with all this for what is going to be allowed back into play after the game is completed.  It's marching quickly toward changing plays and baskets and having the teams come back out and replay after a certain point.

If the refs miss it, they miss it.  There are 3 out there now.  If they aren't getting the job done, add another.  But the grading and changing no-calls, calls, speculations etc. is a huge drag on the game and has to go.  Get the fox out of the henhouse.  Who invited and put in charge a separate jury into the game/after the game anyway?!  

Referee Association should tell the league if they don't like the way we call the game, find somebody else to call your dumbass game or go without referees.  Good luck.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:52 am

dbrown4 wrote:The correct wording is indeed dodging a bullet.  IT should have been suspended but this goes into the whole after the game bs with judging the refs' performances.  

The NBA has opened the door wide now with all this for what is going to be allowed back into play after the game is completed.  It's marching quickly toward changing plays and baskets and having the teams come back out and replay after a certain point.

If the refs miss it, they miss it.  There are 3 out there now.  If they aren't getting the job done, add another.  But the grading and changing no-calls, calls, speculations etc. is a huge drag on the game and has to go.  Get the fox out of the henhouse.  Who invited and put in charge a separate jury into the game/after the game anyway?!  

Referee Association should tell the league if they don't like the way we call the game, find somebody else to call your dumbass game or go without referees.  Good luck.  

db

This has been brewing for a while... league seems more concerned about allowing penis's in a ladies room than making the game watchable. (on a side note had to use the restroom after the game the other evening... men's line was out the door.... ladies line was not......I yelled at Marcus and said I'd identifying as a women and wanted to go in the "open" bathroom.) REFS miss calls and have since the dawn of mankind. When is contact a foul? I really have no clue anymore.

I can see the issuing of fines the next day for actions missed after the fact.

And Rosalie RE IT: and IT having to check his emotions at the door.........he simply can't play without that edge. His game is needs it. and unfortunately it leads to techs....... he's smart and knows we need him on the floor so it's a fine balancing act keeping the emotion that drives him and putting the restrictor plate on it when reactions to perceived bad calls go against him.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:00 pm

My issue with this whole thing is that Dennis Schroeder is an instigator as much as IT. He ran down that court, running into IT, he felt the contact and turned with his arms raised in a defensive position. The fact that he is so small only helps to lead to a play like this. Did he like doing it? You bet. Too bad some of these guys did not have to play back in the 70's and 80's, even a young KG could be thrown in there. It is the way the game is called now, period. Intentional or not, you get called. Look at Durant last night, he got tossed at the end of the game! Kind of stupid, but he hit him in the head.

Beat, you are right, IT is an emotional player, I am sure he has thought alot about this in the last day or two. I am confident he will reign in his emotion and continue on. This game tonight will be a pivotal game, win tonight and it is a new series.

GO CELTICS!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:57 pm

The checking up on the ref's calls during the last 2 minutes post-game pretty much takes the phrase "The ref's shouldn't determine the outcome of the game" off the table.

By putting them under the microscope and focusing on missed calls, they are/will be by default determining the outcome of the game. DA's!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down