fiorelladad
jeb
LACELTFAN
cowens/oldschool
9 posters

Go down

No Suspension For Baby Empty No Suspension For Baby

Post by 112288 Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Celtic's announced that Big Baby will receive a fine but no suspension. It was felt that he needs to be close with the team and be at all practices etc until he heals. I like the conclusion to an awful start for Baby. I think it was fair and a wake-up call for Davis. Just think when he returns, what type of team we will have! Could be one for the ages.

Back to top Go down

No Suspension For Baby Empty Re: No Suspension For Baby

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:15 am

Somehow he did us a favor or his dumb buddy did......our defense is sickly good,at 3 games we easily have the best D in the league,with Sheed and SW anchoring middle going at the other 2nd unit,every second unit gets shutdown plus the starting D isn't too bad either.Sheldon is an effective rugged defender,Baby might have a tough time getting minutes.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:19 am

I agree with Sam, fine him, but keep him with the team.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:26 am

Shelden for president!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 am

The guy is a rebounding machine, if only he could keep the ball in his hands.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:44 am

Nice gesture by the team. Davis needs to travel and work out with the team in order to stay in shape and part of the family. He looks like he has been humbled by the experience and will come back with a renewed fire.

That and we are discovering that Sheldon Williams is a solid contributor on a team where he can concentrate on his strengths. Baby will need to fight for him minutes back, which can only benefit the team come playoff time - as they are now one man deeper than we thought they were.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:55 am

Kleen

Shelden gets his nose in there and it has a tendency to find the ball. He makes his freebies. I am glad to see him gaining confidence and think we may very well benefit by BBD's young guy stuff. Baby can shoot better but SHelden may very well be a better defender and rebounder than BBD.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:54 pm

jeb65 wrote:Kleen

Shelden gets his nose in there and it has a tendency to find the ball. He makes his freebies. I am glad to see him gaining confidence and think we may very well benefit by BBD's young guy stuff. Baby can shoot better but SHelden may very well be a better defender and rebounder than BBD.

Jeb

I like the idea that they now have two guys that can mix it up inside and in reality we now have 12 fouls to give vs 6. What I mean is sometimes Baby gets into foul trouble which now is ok because we now have Williams to come in and be just effective.

Perfect!

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:10 pm

If you really want to punish BB....You all remember a couple of years ago...when KG made BB cry ( or was it last year...it's all running together)
...you don't suspend him...fine him, okay...but the real punishment comes when he shows up to practice and gets a penetrating stare and scowl from KG... KG gives him that look like....You are on my s#it list, BB! and you are going to have to earn your way off of it.
I wouldn't want to face that scowl....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:53 pm

Lacelt

You can pretty well bank all the vets will give bbd the stink eye and bbd will work like a field hand to get back his space. Practice is going to be epic. I think or second unit could win some games around the nba.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:53 pm

Think the C's pulled a bit of a Russel by throwing the word SUSPENSION out there for baby to think about. Like Russ being in the area and the other guy thinking about him.

Let baby sit and stew about it while perhaps the team never had the intent to suspend him in the first place. Who knows but the correct decision was ultimately reached. Baby needs the support of his teamates and needs to be around the team working out as best he can.

But is there a small chance this could be a Wally Pip moment?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Beat

Who is Wally Pip?

And how you doin?

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:44 pm

Wally Pip is the guy that got the day off, and Lou Gehrig took his place that day and went on to play 2130 consecutive games.

I dont think that will be the case here, as Baby has more long term upside. But for this season, who knows. If Sheldon keeps turning in performances like last night where he gets double doubles, Davis may find it hard to get those minutes back.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:01 am

I think it's "Pipp." And I guess he wasn't really a pip, although I heard that he wasn't really a bad player.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:01 am

Copy

thanks.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:10 am

it will be interesting to see if Doc would continue giving minutes to Shelden Williams once BBD comes back. so far, i'm digging what Shelden Williams is bringing to the table. he stunk in other teams because u kinda expected him to be a starter. but he's fitting well with the C's as a role player!
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:35 am

LilRip

I think bbd will have to fight for said minutes against Shelden in practice which will make them both better.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down