NYCelt
dboss
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Case For Buddy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Buddy

Post by dboss Sun May 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Worcester

In regards to Jalen Brown. As you may know he played HS ball down here in Marietta GA.

He is the proto -type small forward that has all the high end physical attributes that you want in a player.

The problem however is his shooting. He is a poor shooter. He is not a dependable 3 point shooter.

I have tried to remain very consistent with looking at players as they relate to team needs. I am not drafting a wing player unless they have a proven track record for shooting the ball at a high percentage. The "he'll become a better shooter pipe dream" is a freakin nightmare.

This is such a simple thing to understand. Either you can shoot and the stats support that argument or you cannot shoot and the stats suggest a degree of uncertainty.

We must move the needle forward on our 3 point shooting.

No one on this board can honestly disagree with that.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 22, 2016 2:14 pm

If Buddy wrote that piece in Player's Tribune himself, he has two other careers ahead of himself, one as a writer, the other as a motivational speaker. The next story solidifies for me that he should be our pick,. Hard work plus talent = success in the NBA.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Dboss, it's Cow who wondered about Jaylon Brown. I'm sold on Buddy. We need shooters.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun May 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Worcester

What a marvelous heart warming story about Buddy. I also was thinking the same thing that he could be a writer. Sorry I responded to you instead of Cow about Brown.

The struggles he went through and his work ethic transcends his skills on a basketball court. Character is not over-rated. Any guy that practices that hard because he does not want to disappoint his teammates is the guy I want to see on the Celtics.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun May 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Cow

Jalen Brown's 3 pt shooting at Cal .294%

When he was in High School he was a dominant player because of his athleticism however even in HS he was a poor shooter.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Yes, and remember, defense is pretty much about hard work. Even I, with zero basketball talent, could defend because I worked at it. Think of the great gritty 1 and 2 guard defenders in the NBA. They have skills that can be acquired through practice and determination.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2