dboss
cowens/oldschool
wideclyde
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
steve3344
11 posters

Go down

"The demise of Joakim Noah's game..." Empty "The demise of Joakim Noah's game..."

Post by steve3344 Sat May 21, 2016 4:52 am

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/the-demise-of-joakim-noahs-game-wasnt-a-surprise-to-everyone/

Looks like he could be had.

Question is, what does he have left and what's it going to cost?

steve3344

Back to top Go down

"The demise of Joakim Noah's game..." Empty Re: "The demise of Joakim Noah's game..."

Post by bobheckler Sat May 21, 2016 11:01 am

steve3344 wrote:http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/the-demise-of-joakim-noahs-game-wasnt-a-surprise-to-everyone/

Looks like he could be had.  

Question is, what does he have left and what's it going to cost?

steve,

It looks like Chicago is about to lose both of their centers. Mirotic is a stretch 4. That leaves Taj Gibson as their only inside muscle.

They want D12? Too bad we don't own Chicago's draft picks too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

"The demise of Joakim Noah's game..." Empty Re: "The demise of Joakim Noah's game..."

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 21, 2016 1:01 pm

I could see him ending up in Minnesota if Thibs wants him. They got along well, Thibs thought the world of him. So, it would not shock me. I know, everyone is going to say he hates Garnett but I think he admires what KG brought to the table every game. Time will tell.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat May 21, 2016 8:25 pm

Noah would be a great replacement on the Cs for Sullinger if he can get his shoulder healthy again.

He is a much better defender, has post moves, rebounds better, runs better even though older, etc, etc.

I would let Sullinger go if Noak would sign a two year team friendly ($17 M) type deal.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat May 21, 2016 8:26 pm

wideclyde wrote:Noah would be a great replacement on the Cs for Sullinger if he can get his shoulder healthy again.

He is a much better defender, has post moves, rebounds better, runs better even though older, etc, etc.

I would let Sullinger go if Noak would sign a two year team friendly ($17 M) type deal.

Plus he's a terrific passer.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 21, 2016 9:43 pm

I've always liked Noah, has a game very similar to KG without the jumper.

The year we made the KG deal, Sam wanted Noah as his pick that year, all the pre draft attribute discussions he was totally correct about what Noah could bring to a team. Noah could be great teaching a young big how to prepare/develop. I'm sure a coach like Stevens could figure out how to use a piece like Noah.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat May 21, 2016 9:57 pm

The question about Noah  is primarily related to his health.  

Ainge should be very careful in adding veterans that are breaking down physically.  That has played out badly many times in the past.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun May 22, 2016 6:58 am

if I am spending $17M for two years on a Chicago big man, it would be Gasol sorry.

better player and doesn't have the injury concerns that Noah has.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 22, 2016 7:40 am

Cowens- Sam was always more correct than wrong in his thinking about the Celtics! God, I miss him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun May 22, 2016 9:21 am

kdp59 wrote:if I am spending $17M for two years on a Chicago big man, it would be Gasol sorry.

better player and doesn't have the injury concerns that Noah has.

I agree re: Gasol. Don't the rumors have him going to San Antonio? Maybe now with their recent bad results in the playoffs, he could open his mind to other options?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun May 22, 2016 9:50 am

Get the super stars on board first, then check the wallet to see how much cash is left to shore up the weak spots on the roster.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 22, 2016 10:41 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Cowens-  Sam was always more correct than wrong in his thinking about the Celtics!  God, I miss him

in Noah's hey day I couldn't help thinking what a great young lineup of bigs we could have had with Noah, Big Al and Perk all rotating the 4-5.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 23, 2016 9:51 am

Sure Gasol first, but Noah would be a close runner up, if healthy. I'd love us to get either one of those two at the right price. But then Sam always said screw the price; that's Danny's problem. So go get Pau or Joachim.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Mon May 23, 2016 1:39 pm

If the C's strike out on their big name FA targets Noah is certainly worth a flyer under the same type of deal Amir got. 1 year 12 million but with a team option for the following season so as not to tie up our 2017 cap space. He's 31 years old not 36 like Gasol. 

Gasol to the Spurs makes a lot of sense.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down