Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

+27
Berlin-T
mulcogiseng
swish
dboss
NYCelt
steve3344
MDCelticFan
NESportsfan12
worcester
bigpygme
Jerry Tarkanian
MDCelticsFan
KellyGreen17
spike
swedeinestonia
mrkleen09
bobheckler
jeb
beat
sinus007
dbrown4
bobc33
cowens/oldschool
gyso
Sam
Pumpsie Green
31 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

Post by Pumpsie Green Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:12 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Pumpsie Green wrote:
Sam wrote:I'm seeing your posts. Let me know if you see this one. I'll also notify you by private mail. I'll post something in code so you'll know it was from me.

The coded post:

The Celtics are turning it around.

I'll know that, if you admit to receiving that message, you're either really receiving it or you're too tired to care any longer.

Sam

Your coded post was in some sort of foreign language, Navajo I think. I believe that the correct interpretation, according to my resident Windtalker, is "The Celtics have been consistently mediocre for 40 games"....but I could be a few words off.

pumpsie,

Would those be the 40 games this season where their record was 27-13? Or are you referring to the games in which we've been significantly undermanned due to injuries?

bob

Those would be the most recent 40 games (23-17), not the games from long long ago.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

Post by jeb Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 pm

todays flavor brown yesterdays flavor brown tomorrows flavor brown
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Pumpsie Green wrote:Those would be the most recent 40 games (23-17), not the games from long long ago.

Long long ago? You talking about 1981 or earlier THIS season?

Your act is getting tired Pumpsie. Give the team some credit where credit is due already. Rolling Eyes
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Jeb

but what about the day after tomorrow?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Pumpsie Green wrote:Those would be the most recent 40 games (23-17), not the games from long long ago.

Long long ago? You talking about 1981 or earlier THIS season?

Your act is getting tired Pumpsie. Give the team some credit where credit is due already. Rolling Eyes

I gave them all the credit they ARE due, MrKleen. They won two games in a row, one they barely won against a tired old Detroit team and one against a mediocre Charlotte team at home. Before that they lost to the worst team IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT just after they were blown out at home against their main competitor for winning the East this year. They have underperformed for most of this year; and don't tell me about all the injuries. Every team gets them. Kobe went out; the Lakers still won four of five. Blaming injuries=excuses.
Maybe the last two games are the start of something good. I will believe it when the team plays up to its potential for a dozen games or so.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:29 pm

beat wrote:Jeb

but what about the day after tomorrow?

beat

I am hoping for tan. Maybe a little improvement, you know?
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Pumpsie Green wrote:I gave them all the credit they ARE due, MrKleen. They won two games in a row, one they barely won against a tired old Detroit team and one against a mediocre Charlotte team at home. Before that they lost to the worst team IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT just after they were blown out at home against their main competitor for winning the East this year. They have underperformed for most of this year; and don't tell me about all the injuries. Every team gets them. Kobe went out; the Lakers still won four of five. Blaming injuries=excuses.
Maybe the last two games are the start of something good. I will believe it when the team plays up to its potential for a dozen games or so.

Let me ask you a question Pumpsie.

How long have you been a fan?

Do you remember the 22 year stretch between 1986 and 2008? Hasn’t the last 3 years been a lot more interesting? Seriously how short is your memory?

I am all for being a realist, but the team is in 3rd place in the East at this point. Read that again, with all the injuries and everything else, they are still in 3rd place.

I don’t know about you, but after living through the 90s and 00s – I am happy to even be in the hunt.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 pm

beat

brown. Calling for patches of dark brown. Followed by brown. When were playing in the finals and we lose a game brown. After we hoist banner 18 tan with a smattering of off white.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I peeked at the BDC site and, sure enough, there were not one but two threads beating on Scal. Now, his play against Charlotte was an eyesore, to be sure, but I hate to see smart players turn into dumbass yokels' whipping boy. Furthermore, they were trying to compare keeping Scal with losing Walker. So I cast this "pearl" before those swine (note when I'm using "" and when I'm not). I'm posting it here just to remind everybody that beauty is more than skin deep. Besides, if I'd take the time to write this for those morons, I certainly can share it with the more knowledgeable and enjoyable readers here. It'll be less of a intellectual shock or revelation to all of you than to them, but that's why I post here 99% of the time.
Scal had a bad game against Charlotte. Other than taking a charge, nothing he tried to do worked. That said, he's a very smart player and rarely makes unforced errors. He's well liked by Doc and Thib because of his smarts, his effort and the little things that many of the posters on this board don't recognize and appreciate like:

1. His pressure on the ball coming up court forces the opposition to start their halfcourt sets with fewer seconds on it. Doc has specifically mentioned this asset. Think that's a small thing, getting the other guys to start with only 16 seconds on the clock instead of 19? Try to imagine how much easier defending would be if the other guys only had a 21 second shot clock instead of 24. That's what forcing them to take 3 seconds off before they start is worth. Most fans don't even notice little things like that, but coaches do. ESPECIALLY defensive coaches, like Thib.

2. Spacing. Since he has little to no inside game but is a threat from 3 his man never completely leaves him. That creates opportunity for slashers like Tony, Davis and Nate. People overfocus on the ball and overlook that often what is happening off the ball affects what happens on the ball. If Ray Allen and Paul Pierce just hung around the 3 point line but never touched the ball, they'd still open up the middle. That's spacing and it creates opportunity for others.

3. Hustle. Scal hustles. He throws himself at loose balls and unexpected caroms. If you want to claim he's just clumsy and trips as he goes for them, fine, but he still gets them and gets the ball into the hands of someone in green. Just because they play in tank tops and shorts doesn't make it a beauty contest.

4. His assist-to-turnover ratio is almost 2:1. That's an ok stat for a backup point guard. Delonte West's is just over 2:1, Beno Udrih's (starting pg for Sacramento) is 2:1. For a PF that's very good. By comparison, Glen Davis' is less than 1:1 (meaning he turns the ball over more than he helps someone score) as is Shelden Williams'. What's the big deal here? If you're a coach and you need to put in an end-of-the-bencher (and that's all Scal is, which is why I'm always amused at how crazy people get about him. He's played a total of only 423 minutes all year) for a few minutes, do you really want to put in someone who is more likely to give the ball to the other team than their own?

Comparing Scal to Walker or JR makes no sense. They're not similar players playing similar positions competing for the same minutes. Scal isn't competing with Pierce and Daniels for minutes, Walker was. I'm glad Walker's having fun in NY. Let's see what happens now that he's being scouted. It's one thing to be a pleasant surprise, it's another when the opposing bench isn't surprised anymore.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Brian Scalabrine played eight garbage time minutes against Charlotte. Everyone on the floor was having a picnic. Daniels and Tony were taking threes. Guys were racing all over the place and basically stretching their legs. The crowd was screaming for Scal to shoot. Scal took shots he never would have taken if the game were in doubt, including one three during which his momentum took him out of bounds.

Anyone who judges the value of Scal, or anyone else on the floor at the time, based on those eight minutes is 14 feet short of a free throw.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:09 pm

Hehe that one 3 kind of looks like ones Ray takes sometimes.

It is not Scals shot though Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Sam wrote:Brian Scalabrine played eight garbage time minutes against Charlotte. Everyone on the floor was having a picnic. Daniels and Tony were taking threes. Guys were racing all over the place and basically stretching their legs. The crowd was screaming for Scal to shoot. Scal took shots he never would have taken if the game were in doubt, including one three during which his momentum took him out of bounds.

Anyone who judges the value of Scal, or anyone else on the floor at the time, based on those eight minutes is 14 feet short of a free throw.

Sam

sam,

"14 feet short of a free throw". Nice basketball take on the old "coupla cans short of a six-pack".

Did you see the post I sent you about shooting stats and when in the shot clock they're taken?

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Speaking of FTs, Tony had a real diamond.

Got lucky with a lane violation and hit the front of the rim with the second one Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:58 pm

BobH,

I saw the post about 82games and individual stats, and I responded. Did you make a later post on the subject?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by spike Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:40 pm

From all appearances, Scal is a professional, which is to say he comports himself both on and off the field as an example for all. Scal, from that part of his personality seen on interviews, has a intelligent, subtle sense of humor and must be a great guy to have in the locker room, at practices and on the endless road these ballplayers travel. He's a minor component part on this team and, if things are going well, is fated to sit on the bench and cheer his teammates on when it counts the most. He understands his role. He will never complain, will always radiate confidence. He's the perfect teammate.

One role I think Scal would fill most excellently is to wave a towel on the sidelines the way Larry and M.L. used to do. He should revive that practice and make it a Celtic tradition.

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Sam wrote:BobH,

I saw the post about 82games and individual stats, and I responded. Did you make a later post on the subject?

Sam

sam,

No I didn't, nor did I see your response until now.

There's shot clock usage as a team: http://www.82games.com/0910/0910BOS3.HTM

There's shot clock usage per player: http://www.82games.com/0910/09BOS5.HTM

There's % of available minutes played by player: http://www.82games.com/0910/0910BOS1.HTM

So, there's info on which units play the most together, % of available minutes a player plays (which would cross over 5-man units), each players' shot clock usage and how the team uses the clock as a whole.

If you look at the top 4 units, in terms of minutes played together, you're talking about 77% of the total minutes and you're looking at 7 players (Rondo, Ray, Paul, KG, Perk, Wallace, Tony). Tony Allen doesn't reappear on a 5-man unit until #8, so isolating his impact, would be the easiest since 60% of his minutes come with the #3 5-man unit. Whoda thunk Tony Allen would be on the third most used 5-man unit? The fifth most used 5 man unit has House on it, so it's a defunct stat now.

I sent an email to 82games.com asking if there's some way to break this out. Not much hope there, though. Who wants to work for a guy who won't pay him?

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:35 pm

gyso wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:gyso how can I check out different pics?

cowens,

1. Go to the top of your screen and pick Profile.

2. Go to the top of the Profile page and pick Avatar.

3. In the Avatar Control Panel at the bottom you see:

Select your Avatar from our Gallery :

Pick Show gallery.

thanks that easy

Find the avatar you want and pick the radial button (circle) above it.
Go to the bottom of the screen and pick Select avatar. (this saves it)

This leaves you at a screen where you can do a couple of things, but basically, you are done. If nothing trips your trigger there, pick on Lucky to go to the Home Page.

If you would like to use one of your own pictures for your avatar, then repeat steps one and two (above) and then:

4. In the Avatar Control Panel at the top you see:

Upload an Avatar from your computer:

Pick Browse...

Navigate to the file on your computer, pick it and press Open (or Save, or whatever)

Back at the Avatar Control Panel, pick Save.

There you go. If you have any more questions, or this doesn't work, let me know.

gyso

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:38 pm

there ya go cow! sweet!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 pm

jeb65 wrote:there ya go cow! sweet!

thanks bro!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
jeb65 wrote:there ya go cow! sweet!

thanks bro!!

Cow,

Welcome to the land of avatar geeks, nice to have you on board!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm

jeb65 wrote:todays flavor brown yesterdays flavor brown tomorrows flavor brown

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 2 Bi16-3
[/quote]
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 2 Little-brown-birds-pair6111
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:16 pm

/Users/jeb65/Desktop/little-brown-birds-pair6111.jpg
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 pm

shit pumpsie i cant figure out how to load a picture...wanna help me out? I got a good response for you.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:29 pm

HOW THE @#$%%##%^&** DO I POST A PICTURE I AM SO FRUSTRATED!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next