kdp59
tjmakz
dboss
bobheckler
Ram
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

I'll predict it now, Celtics draft Jaylen Brown at 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: I'll predict it now, Celtics draft Jaylen Brown at 3

Post by arambone Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:14 pm

tjmakz wrote:
arambone wrote:Simmons doesn't have incredible strength. He weighed 240 last fall, but lost 15 lbs during the season. Now he's back up to 240 and bragging about gaining 15-20 lbs. Until the season starts and he drops back down to 225-230.

I don't know what Simmons weighs. I doubt you do either.
When LSU played Kentucky this year, Simmons often guarded Scal and often pushed him off of the block.
Some say Simmons weighs closer to 255-260 which means he has gained 15 pounds.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/NBA-draft-profile-Ben-Simmons.html

It was in a big article yesterday. Some reporter hung out with him for 3 days. I think it was espn.

Players losing weight in season shouldn't come as a surprise.

Scal weighs 215, I could push him off the block with my 202 lbs and lower center of gravity.

I'll look for the article so you don't call me a liar like a weasel.

arambone

Back to top Go down

I'll predict it now, Celtics draft Jaylen Brown at 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: I'll predict it now, Celtics draft Jaylen Brown at 3

Post by arambone Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:16 pm

He was supplied with a personal chef who helped him get from 225 to what he is now, 240, and who helps keep him there.

Same weight as last fall if you go to draft express.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterprise-simmons160622/projected-top-draft-pick-ben-simmons-all-planned-out

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Kind of interesting to read through this thread now that the draft and summer league are over. Anybody having second thoughts Question
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:Kind of interesting to read through this thread now that the draft and summer league are over. Anybody having second thoughts Question
This was interesting to read thru in August 2016 

Really interesting to read what our board experts thought of Brown at the time too especially seeings the start to this season.

I am happy to note I went out on no limb either way.   But I am quite happy with the pick today !

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Hindsight is 20/20 vision.  Rambone hit the ball out of the park with his Jaylen Brown prediction.  One year and 21 games later no one in their right mind could frown at the pick.

Brown has far exceeded most expectations.  His ability to knock down shots continues to improve.  He is a top flight defender and now leads the NBA in rebounding at the SG position.  His warts (needs to work on his handle and get better at the line) may disappear with more work.

Right now Brown was not a good pick.  He was a great pick.  

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:18 am

I remember reading reports that his shooting was surprising many at his workouts and was pulling for him, because in all the video I could find his handle wasn’t too bad and his athleticism was the real deal. Also loved video that I had seen of him going at it with Simmons, he got right into Simmons and even on high school film you can see his toughness and his love to compete.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 am

kdp59 wrote:
arambone wrote:And with the pull up 3, speedy bigs who can fly up and down the court to get in position to rebound become more important as well.  

Maker is the ultimate fast break player, offensively and defensively, with the ball in his hands or on the boards.

Honestly if we ended up with Murray and Maker (HS teammates), we could end up as one of the elite (small ball) teams in the NBA as soon as next year.

IT and Murray firing away from 3 early in the shot clock, Maker and Olynyk and Jerebko flying up and down the court, and taking their share of 3s as well.

Get a guy like DHoward to fill a need on the roster, and suddenly we're probably looking like the Warriors of the East, as soon as next year.

IT in the Curry role
Murray in the Klay role
Crowder and Smart in the Iggy/Barnes role
Maker and Olynyk (and Jerebko) in the Draymond role
Howard/whichever big center in the Bogut role

Bombs away, with real shooters rather than eager below average shooters.

OK Rambone, I wanna know if YOU were drafting today for the Celtics what would you do and who would you pick ( or trade for).

don't worry we all know we are a couple weeks out of the draft and things can change.

Myself, I am leaning of trading the #3 pick  along with other assets for a top NBA player ( Butler, Cousins, George, etc).

then drafting

#16- Sabonis
#23- Maker

#31- probably traded with #3
#35- LeVert
#45- Hammons

woah...the WAY BACK MACHINE!!

I bet everyone is glad I am not the GM.......LOL.

Though Butler, Sabonis, Maker and LaVert wouldn't be too bad a group.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4