Boogie Subtweeting About The Kings' Pick

5 posters

Go down

Boogie Subtweeting About The Kings' Pick Empty Boogie Subtweeting About The Kings' Pick

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:31 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/6/23/12021422/demarcus-cousins-tweet-kings-georgios-papagiannis

DeMarcus Cousins subtweeting the Kings is the NBA Draft's best moment

By Mark Sandritter  @MarkSandritter on Jun 23, 2016, 9:30p 4

"With the No. 13 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft the Sacramento Kings select Georgios Papagiannis."

DeMarcus Cousins, what do you think of that pick?

Follow
DeMarcus Cousins ✔ @boogiecousins
Lord give me the strength
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Boogie Subtweeting About The Kings' Pick Empty Re: Boogie Subtweeting About The Kings' Pick

Post by gyso Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:51 pm

The reports last night were that the Cousins tweet came BEFORE the 13th pick was made.  It may have been after the Kings traded away from pick #8, but it was certainly before the 13th pick was made.

The sequence of events (here) that says:

""With the No. 13 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft the Sacramento Kings select Georgios Papagiannis."

DeMarcus Cousins, what do you think of that pick?"

seems to be an invention on the part of the author.  There was absolutely no sign of that in the reports last night.  Even last night, many offering commentary blew right past the point made about the timing.  Ignore the truth of the situation and buy into the dramatic spin.  SMH

I cannot believe that I am sticking up for Cousins, but IMO there is absolutely nothing here but a shit snowball rolling down a hill, picking up more detritus as time goes by.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Boogie Subtweeting About The Kings' Pick Empty Re: Boogie Subtweeting About The Kings' Pick

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:56 pm

I like Cousins very much as a player (best center in the league and will make any other team much better) and wish that the Cs had found (or will find a way to get him), but you can just imagine that the Kings management probably told him that they were indeed planning to move forward at a faster rate with their new coach and desire to break a many season long string of losing seasons.

And then they do nothing to move up to improve themselves with something better than the 8th pick and then even trade down the draft board to #13.

Cousins has not been perfect and has never been the 'savior' that the Kings wanted him to be when they picked him a few years ago, but there is only one real Savior and I am not sure that he ever played hoops in the NBA.

The mess that has been the Kings since even before Cousins arrived there just never seems to clean up, and it is pretty easy to understand that he could be very frustrated.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:49 pm

on this subject, how can you not agree with Cousins?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:33 pm

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/divac-kings-top-pick-papagiannis-new-marc-gasol

Divac: Kings' top pick Papagiannis the 'new Marc Gasol'

June 24, 2016, 4:30 pm

We thought he wasn’t going to be available after 18th, so that’s why we took him at the 13.

— Vlade Divac on Kings' top pick

SACRAMENTO -- After a wild draft night, plenty of Sacramento Kings fans are wondering if general manager Vlade Divac is crazy. Maybe he is, or maybe he has a plan that Kings fans can’t see just yet.

Following a long day of moving and shaking, including two substantial trades that have infused the Kings roster with young talent, Divac took time to chat with CSN California about his thoughts on the draft.

Per league rules, Divac couldn’t comment yet on a draft day trade that sent veteran Marco Belinelli to the Charlotte Hornets for the No. 22 pick in the draft. He was candid about the rest of the additions, including the team’s controversial choice at No. 13, as well as No. 28 and future European import Bogdan Bogdanovich.

Divac set social media ablaze when he selected 7-foot-2 big man Georgios Papagiannis with the Kings first selection. Sitting on the board were guards Wade Baldwin and Denzel Valentine, but Divac saw something in the Papagiannis that he couldn’t pass up.

“We followed him for a year and we thought he wasn’t going to be available after 18th, so that’s why we took him at the 13,” Divac said. “And if you ask me who he reminds me (of), he has the potential to be a new Marc Gasol.”

Gasol went with the 48th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, but he has developed into one of the game’s best big men. If Papagiannis has that potential, he makes a lot of sense for Sacramento going forward.

“He’s a tall kid that’s very mobile running up and down the floor, playing very good defense, (he) did very well shooting from outside,” Divac said.

Bogdanovich might be a steal for Sacramento. The 23-year-old guard will play one more season in Europe before hopefully joining the Kings next summer.

“He’s definitely number one player in Europe right now,” Divac said.

If the Kings are out of the top 10 in next year’s draft, their pick goes to the Chicago Bulls. Bogdanovich gives them a young, NBA ready option at the shooting guard spot.

With the No. 28 pick in the draft, the Kings went with another big man with huge upside. Kentucky’s Skal Labissiere was slated to go much higher in the draft, but his stock fell on Thursday night, leaving the Kings with an easy selection.

“With the 28th pick we thought that was the steal of the draft,” Divac said. “Skal Labissiere is a very talented guy. Probably biggest upside in this draft generation. A year ago he was projected to go top 5. He fell to 28 and we just couldn’t pass him.”

While most draft grades haven’t been kind to the Kings, they drafted for potential, not need. It will take a while to truly gauge how successful Divac and his team were, but they didn't stand pat this year like they have in the past. Despite their relative newness to each other, the Kings front office found a way to stockpile talent and clear almost $5 million in cap space.

Last season the Kings walked into the NBA Draft with a skeleton crew, but that wasn’t the case this year. Joining Divac were assistant GM Ken Catanella, director of scouting Mike Bratz and director of player personnel Peja Stojakovic, as well as plenty of scouts.

“We all worked very hard the last month and our scouts gave us great reports,” Divac said of his newly formed front office. “It would be very difficult this year to work on all those deals if I was alone with Mike (Bratz) like I was last year. It was a big improvement and we were all on the same page about the decisions, so we are very happy about what we did in this draft.”

Divac asked the fans for patience. He was clear that the Kings aren’t done building their roster and that they will be aggressive in both free agency and possibly in the trade market. It all begins again next Friday when free agency opens up and the mad dash for cash consumes the NBA landscape.

bob
MY NOTE:  Assuming this kid isn't a draft-and-stash (and using a #13 on a Euro draft-and-stash would trump Danny's #16 for a Euro draft-and-stash) then the Kings will have 4 centers on their team next year:  Cousins, Willie Cauley-Stein, Kostos Koufos and this kid.  They also drafted 7'0" PF/C Skal Labissiere.  That's a LOT of bigs.  Too many?  Let's hope Vlade thinks so.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:53 am

Bob,

Perhaps you have a point with the Kings having far too many centers.

And, maybe they are going to finally blow up the idea that Cousins is going to be able to lead them to the playoffs since he has not been able to cover for all the mistakes and issues that their front office has been responsible for over the years.

Trading down from 8 to 13 is curious, but then the idea of stashing a 13th pick (their first pick in this draft) is just as stupid as anything that they have ever done. More idiocy by the front office. Their new coach must have cringed on this one.

I am sure that Divac does not make all the final decisions, but he is apparently not changing the culture of their decision making process either. At least Ainge already has a playoff team AND already has a first round pick this year which makes the possible stashing of his second pick (#16) a much more logical thought.

Cousins is going to bring more in a trade right now due to him having two full years left on his contract than he will at any time moving forward.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:35 am

wideclyde wrote:Bob,

Perhaps you have a point with the Kings having far too many centers.

And, maybe they are going to finally blow up the idea that Cousins is going to be able to lead them to the playoffs since he has not been able to cover for all the mistakes and issues that their front office has been responsible for over the years.

Trading down from 8 to 13 is curious, but then the idea of stashing a 13th pick (their first pick in this draft) is just as stupid as anything that they have ever done.  More idiocy by the front office.  Their new coach must have cringed on this one.  

I am sure that Divac does not make all the final decisions, but he is apparently not changing the culture of their decision making process either.  At least Ainge already has a playoff team AND already has a first round pick this year which makes the possible stashing of his second pick (#16) a much more logical thought.

Cousins is going to bring more in a trade right now due to him having two full years left on his contract than he will at any time moving forward.

Clyde,

If Vlade does not make the final decisions that would explain the chaos.  The owners are clueless.

I agree about Cousins.  If Kevin Durant is even thinking of leaving OKC, (I don't think he will, at least not this year.  Maybe he'll do a 1-year deal so he becomes a 10-year veteran and gets a 10% raise on any max deal) with a team that pushed GSW to its limits then Boogie will be ready to positively fly out the door to a playoff team when his contract is done.  6 years in the league and never played in a playoff game?  No wonder he's so testy.

Cousins has two more years on his contract.
Koufos has two more years on his contract.
WCS has one more year, and then two years of team options, then RFA.

So, their center corp all have two years or more left.  Danny was looking at RFA Jared Sullinger and wondering what he was going to do about that.  Well, he got Frenchie, just in case, that's what he did about it.  Divac isn't looking at a key player possibly leaving, not for two years at least.  There was no need to draft-and-stash "just in case".  Sacto wanted the Greek kid and they wanted him badly enough they didn't want to take any chances he'd be there by their 2nd pick at #22.  I see 2 mock drafts had him going #22 to Sacto or #23 to Boston.  The question now is "why?  Where's the fire?"  

I have to think that Dave Joerger was on board with this.  It would be beyond bizarre if the new head coach was minimized so much that a #9 pick choice of his was just completely blown off as Vlade and ownership went off on their own into left field.  If anything would sow instability and crisis in that team, and make Boogie want to leave for sure, that would be it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:37 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/06/demarcus_cousins_draft_night_tweet_hot_sculpting.html#incart_river_index

DeMarcus Cousins on draft night tweet: 'I was in a hot sculpting class'

Boogie Subtweeting About The Kings' Pick 20656877-mmmain
Sacramento Kings' DeMarcus Cousins reacts during the first half of the NBA basketball game against the New York Knicks, Sunday, March 20, 2016 in New York. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig) (Seth Wenig)

Tom Westerholm | twesterh@masslive.com By Tom Westerholm | twesterh@masslive.com

on June 27, 2016 at 6:48 PM, updated June 27, 2016 at 6:49 PM

On Thursday, shortly after the Sacramento Kings traded down to the No. 13 overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft to take Georgios Pappagiannis, DeMarcus Cousins unleashed one of the best tweets of the night.

Follow
DeMarcus Cousins ✔️ @boogiecousins
Lord give me the strength
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:44 pm

At least now Koufos has someone to talk with.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down