PORTLAND 75 MILLION, 4 YEARS, ACCORDING TO WOJO
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

EVAN TURNER GONE Empty Re: EVAN TURNER GONE

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojVerticalNBA
Free agent forward Evan Turner has reached agreement on a four-year, $75M deal with Portland, agent Kevin Bradbury tells @TheVertical.
RETWEETS
IPatrick ConnollyShaneTaco LoveChubbs PetersonJoe CorkeryMatthew BorsheimMitchell ParryT.J.
12:20 PM - 1 Jul 2016

bob
MY NOTE:  Good luck.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Evan didn't want to wait for the Celtics.
He got paid...
Average of $18.8m per year.

@SeanDeveney 2 minutes ago
Evan Turner had a long list of suitors, didn't want to wait for Celtics, when a hefty ($75 mil) deal from @Portland Trail Blazers emerged, he took it.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:29 pm

No way he would have made this in Boston Now what???? Brown in his slot???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Is Portland expecting him to be Wes Matthews for them? Will Turner become a 20ppg guy for them?

Can you imagine being Bradley (4/32), Thomas (4/27) or Crowder (5/35) right now? They would all be getting 4/64 deals AT LEAST with likely Thomas being maxed at 4/94 like Parsons just got. 

Unbelievable market explosion
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski
@WojVerticalNBA 3 minutes ago
Sources on @The Vertical: After agreeing to $70M deal with Evan Turner, Portland aggressively pursuing Pau Gasol. yhoo.it/299lK6q
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:54 pm

who goes nexr? Sully? I know the Celtics gave him and Zeller qualifying offers, but they are going to have to match any offer to retain either one. God, Chandler Parsons got $90 plus for four years

We said it was going to be crazy money.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:57 pm

Do revisit a trade for Noel at this point?

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:25 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:who goes nexr?  Sully?  I know the Celtics gave him and Zeller qualifying offers, but they are going to have to match any offer to retain either one.  God, Chandler Parsons got $90 plus for four years

We said it was going to be crazy money.

1-2 weeks ago I mentioned that Parsons at max money of 4/94 was going to happen and that as awful as it might seem it would make more sense than a lot of the domino moves that could arise from not signing him. 

I mentioned that money for Parsons is a less % of the cap than Ray Allen's salary was back in his first 3 seasons here was. If healthy, Parsons is a MUCH better shooter than Turner, a slightly better passer, slightly worse defender of F's as Turner is wing's, similar rebounder and ball-handler, better in transition, 2" taller. The drop to Turner is significant enough, especially with a premium put on shooting, that you might as well max out the better player. 

I thought at the time Turner would get 4/50 and two other consolation prize type players, Deng and Marvin Williams would get like 3/45 type deals. And that having Parsons for 3-6 million more per year is well worth it.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:06 pm

When Rondo left I wondered who would be the playmaker. Turner had that ability and he grew into that role more over time. Now I wonder again. IT? Can't see over the defense. Not his forte. AB? No. God no. Smart or Rozier? Both works in progress as playmakers. Who then?

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:07 pm

KennCelt wrote:Do revisit a trade for Noel at this point?

Kenncelt,

If Horford falls through, then maybe I could see Danny going back to Philly for some deal.  If Horford signs with us then I wouldn't be surprised to see Mahinmi get signed as a back up. He'll be cheaper than either Noel or Okafur.

bob

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Sounds like a plan. Thanks, Bob.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Evan Turner
Evan Turner
@thekidet about 26 minutes ago
Thank you Boston!!! I hope there will always be a place for me to Paak the Caa in Haavaad Yaaaad... I appreciate all the support!! C's up
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss
@CLNS_JaredWeiss about 27 minutes ago
Looking for Blazers beat writers willing to send nightly Evan Turner quotes. Will pay in Jaylen Brown stat lines.

Reply Retweet Like

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm

bobheckler wrote:
KennCelt wrote:Do revisit a trade for Noel at this point?

Kenncelt,

If Horford falls through, then maybe I could see Danny going back to Philly for some deal.  If Horford signs with us then I wouldn't be surprised to see Mahinmi get signed as a back up.  He'll be cheaper than either Noel or Okafur.

bob

bob

I think Mahinmi will cost more than both Noel and Okafors salary's this year. based on whats flying around now I'd guess $12M or more.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Sorry to lose Turner, but when Ainge drafted Brown the writing was on the wall.

Maybe Dudley can be looked at for less money?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:51 pm

At first Turner drove me mad, but I gotta admit, he grew on me this last season. The man has a clutch gene and he always was upright with his teammates and the fans. So I'm going to miss him and I wish him the best in Portland. He could have landed in a lot worse place.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:08 pm

I grew to really like ET and even admire his quirky game. I enjoyed his time with the C's, but it was time to move on, and I'm really happy for him that he got his payday. He never complained and tried to fit in.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Turner had almost played himself out of the league. He got a second (third?) chance under Brad with the Celtics and took advantage of it.

He took the money and ran and I do not blame him. I am just glad he went to the Western Conference.

We can remove his cap hold now, so there's that!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:22 pm

I am disappointed, as I have said many times in the last three months, he really grew on me I am sure Brad is not happy losing him. I know it is all part of the game, and if he had not turned into the player he did last year, we would have been yelling for Danny to trade him. The kid rebuilt his reputation here in Boston. He has alot to be thankful for here. I am sorry to see him go. He is the kind of player I love, just the right size for the inbetween role.

Oh well, supposedly Danny on his way to meet with Horford tonight. Here's hoping something good comes of it and we finally sign someone of stature.

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:27 pm

The Celtics are going to miss Turner, but I cannot blame Boston for not offering anywhere near the amount he got in Portland. This was his one time to really make some money in his career and he had to take it.

Best of luck to this guy who was a true team type of player. Just lots of hustle, hard work, good results and no complaining.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:40 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I am disappointed, as I have said many times in the last three months, he really grew on me   I am sure Brad is not happy losing him.  I know it is all part of the game, and if he had not turned into the player he did last year, we would have been yelling for Danny to trade him.  The kid rebuilt his reputation here in Boston. He has alot to be thankful for here.  I am sorry to see him go.   He is the kind of player I love, just the right size for the inbetween role.

Oh well, supposedly Danny on his way to meet with Horford tonight. Here's hoping something good comes of it and we finally sign someone of stature.

I feel much the same way you do. ET really grew on me, and I wish we could keep him a bit longer on that steal of a contract. That being said, I agreen with others here who have said they like ET, but wouldn't pay him that sort of money.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:29 pm

So, now I just heard Howard signed with Atlanta, Horford is really available now..Danny going to meet him tonight
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:21 pm

Danny drafted Rosier with their highest pick last year.  Losing Turner hurts there quite a bit.

But it is still early yet and we have not even modemode any trades yet.  DA will be building his team for a while longer.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:34 am

$18 million for Turner.......come on...........liked the guy and he added as spark when needed but $18 million............come on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next