bobheckler
arambone
willjr
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Westbrook rumor Empty Westbrook rumor

Post by willjr Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:51 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-thunder-eyeing-westbrook-trade-celtics-most-likely-partner/
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Westbrook rumor Empty Re: Westbrook rumor

Post by tjmakz Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:58 pm

willjr wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-thunder-eyeing-westbrook-trade-celtics-most-likely-partner/

I am waiting to hear what Stephen A. Smith says, as he is always accurate with rumors.
LOL
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:10 pm

tjmakz wrote:
willjr wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-thunder-eyeing-westbrook-trade-celtics-most-likely-partner/

I am waiting to hear what Stephen A. Smith says, as he is always accurate with rumors.
LOL
You are so right TJ! CBSsports is a pretty reputable site but the "info" itself is from a bleacher report "writer" so have your grain of salt nearby. I don't think that there is any way that Westbrook will agree to sign an extension to complete a trade. The guy is (rightfully) salivating at the prospect of impending free agency. No team will give up the assets that OKC will demand knowing that. I think any Westbrook trade talk will be just that...talk!
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:17 pm

This is not going to happen for a one year lease for ball-hogging Anti-Celtic.

P-U-trid rumor.  I'll start another:

This rumor is true to a point.  The trade will be a 3-way deal.

Cousins to the Celtics
Westbrook to the Kings
Parts and picks (from us) to the Thunder.

LOL

Last edited by gyso on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Trading a Nets pick and core guys like Bradley and Crowder for one year rental of Blake Griffin seems equally disgusting to me.

Clips didn't even get worse when Blake went down last year, and when the trainer guy said as much to Blake, Blake beat him up, because he knew it was true.

We have Jaylen Brown locked up for at least 7 years, same goes for the Nets 2017 and 18 picks.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:38 pm

arambone wrote:Trading a Nets pick and core guys like Bradley and Crowder for one year rental of Blake Griffin seems equally disgusting to me.

Clips didn't even get worse when Blake went down last year, and when the trainer guy said as much to Blake, Blake beat him up, because he knew it was true.

We have Jaylen Brown locked up for at least 7 years, same goes for the Nets 2017 and 18 picks.

True points about Blake Griffin, but he would be another upgrade like Horford was.
I agree that I wouldn't give up a ton for him.

Teams can only control players under rookie contracts for up to 5 years.
For 1st round picks, the first two years are guaranteed, years 3 and 4 are team options and year 5 is restricted free agency.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:49 pm

"We have Jaylen Brown locked up for at least 7 years, same goes for the Nets 2017 and 18 picks".
I love your way of thinking. Brown will at worst be a solid rotation player/above avg defender. At best, Kawhi Leonard/Paul George level. The 2 Nets picks are gold! Possible/probable top 3 in a LOADED 2017 draft and a highly regarded 2018. Cousins is the only trade rumor guy that I would even consider moving the Nets pick for, and even then I'd only offer the '18 pick as part of a package.  Having 3 (possible) stud, all-star level players locked up for 5 to 7 years (plus Bird rights) is the ticket to sustained success.

Last edited by willjr on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Boy I sure hope the Celtics do not get Westbrook.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:08 pm

Rich Levine
@rich_levine about 1 hour ago
Eric Montross + Walter McCarty have made a video giving Westbrook their blessings to wear 0 for the Celtics.

Reply Retweet Like

Rich Levine
@rich_levine 1 hour ago
Leon's the only guy refusing to let Russ wear 0. Celtics sending Brady to the Powe household to talk some sense twitter.com/lagranele/stat…

Reply Retweet Like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:20 pm

tjmakz wrote:
arambone wrote:Trading a Nets pick and core guys like Bradley and Crowder for one year rental of Blake Griffin seems equally disgusting to me.

True points about Blake Griffin, but he would be another upgrade like Horford was.

For 1st round picks, the first two years are guaranteed, years 3 and 4 are team options and year 5 is restricted free agency.

I make the (big) assumption that Jaylen and the next two nets picks will be worth matching contracts on in restricted free agency. It's a fairly reasonable assumption, as they're top 5 or top 3 picks.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:55 pm

arambone wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

I make the (big) assumption that Jaylen and the next two nets picks will be worth matching contracts on in restricted free agency. It's a fairly reasonable assumption, as they're top 5 or top 3 picks.

In that case you have these guys for 8 years. The 4 rookie years under team control and then the 4 year extension you matched when the player hit RFA.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Ram wrote:
arambone wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

In that case you have these guys for 8 years. The 4 rookie years under team control and then the 4 year extension you matched when the player hit RFA.

Ram,

Home teams can offer 5 years, not just 4. Plus they'd own Bird Rights, so they could go over the cap to re-sign them. That would make it 9 years.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:03 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Ram wrote:
arambone wrote:I make the (big) assumption that Jaylen and the next two nets picks will be worth matching contracts on in restricted free agency. It's a fairly reasonable assumption, as they're top 5 or top 3 picks.

Ram,

Home teams can offer 5 years, not just 4.  Plus they'd own Bird Rights, so they could go over the cap to re-sign them.  That would make it 9 years.

bob

Of course. I was going off of the comment "at least" 7 years. It would be at least 8, unless some player option is included or it is a weird Greg Monroe or Chandler Parsons type situation.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Teams truly have full control for just 5 years.
Going into a players 5th year, they can become a restricted free agent.
If a player agrees to that qualifying offer from his current team, he will become a free agent in year 6, like Greg Monroe did.
If Zeller signs the 1 year qualifying offer from Boston, he will get paid $3,695,169 this season, then become an unrestricted free agent next year. If Zeller agrees to sign an offer sheet with another team, Boston could match if they wanted to.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Westbrook drove me nuts in the last few minutes of games against the Warriors with his stupid turnovers. That said he is a much better player than IT. Here's the matchup
RW IT
Salary $16.7M $6.9M
ppg 23.5 22.2
mpg 34.4 32.2
3 pt .296% .359%
2 pt .503 .462
FT .812 .871
RB 7.8 3.0
AST 10.4 6.2
STL 2.0 1.1
TOV 4.3 2.7

I'd say trade him for IT + someone to flesh out the money and the Nets pick from 2018 - If he'll sign a long term deal with us.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:16 pm

Would Westbrook minus IT and future Nets pick make us a contender?

Answer:  Hell No

I agree with Worcester that I would do the deal he proposes. Next year's Nets pick will probably be in the top 5.

The Celtics fans will develop an intimate love/hate relationship with Russell.  Oh, Oh, OH great Shot you moron

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 pm

westbrook is not a good 2 point shot

just sayin'.

not sure I'd give up much for a guy that will likely end up back home at LA in another year, myself.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:13 pm

This Westbrook trade rumor does underscore how valuable those Nets picks are. I'm tempted to just keep that 2018 pick and IT and play out the string. It may take longer to get to #18 but we may have better chances at 19,20, and 21 that way too. Westbrook is a helluva player, but my sense is that Durant didn't like his personality, and if a sweetheart like Kevin was chafed by him, maybe that underwear is just too tight.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:16 pm

kdp, I'd only consider Russell if he signed a 4 year contract and gave the team an option on year 5.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:56 pm

I meant 3 point shooter.

he's a pretty good 2 point shooter.

I also can't see him and Thomas playing together.....not enough balls to go around.

I guess we'll see if there's anything there pretty soon
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Most ridicules rumor I have heard this summer if not ever!

Why would we want RW. We have IT as our point guard, Rozier is playing lights out basketball and has taken a giant step in coming off the bench as our point guard.

RW is a free agent next year so why would you trade a great draft pick in a deep draft next year and some great young talent to get a rental for 1 year.

He also brings an attitude which at this point we do not need.

NO THANK YOU! Keep your cards Danny, you have the winning hand....don't be suckered into this deal for RW or Blake Griffin either.

If you want any of them they are fee agents next year and that will test if they are serious about signing and being in Boston.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Why would the Celtics want Griffin getting in Horford`s way while losing core defenders? I`m liking Yabusele
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Rumors are fun...

The Celts are set up to contend but we still need to get lucky and draft that can't miss player.

The pressure to trade the Nets picks will be an ongoing topic of conversation.

The 2017 pick could be fantastic.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:30 pm

The funniest thing I read about this Westbrook rumor today was that some guy over at Celticsblog said that Westbrook was perfect for Brad's space and pace game.

The second funniest thing was that nobody disagreed with him.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:39 pm

What we need is height at center. At present we are a small team.

THINK BIG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next