Mannix shoots down Griffin report, brings up Butler again

+2
kdp59
6 posters

Go down

Mannix shoots down Griffin report, brings up Butler again Empty Mannix shoots down Griffin report, brings up Butler again

Post by 112288 Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:01 pm

REDS ARMY

The Vertical’s Chris Mannix said tonight on CSNNE that the Celtics are nowhere close to a deal for Blake Griffin or Russell Westbrook. It sounded like talks for Griffin had taken place at some point in the past but there’s nothing going now. Clippers reporter Dan Woike also squashed the Griffin talk on Twitter.

Mannix went on to say that Jimmy Butler, Jahlil Okafor and even Kevin Love are still options for Boston and it’s possible those deals transpire over the coming weeks.

Jimmy Butler?

I considered those rumors DEAD.

This just goes to show – yet again – you can’t put much stock in any of these reports.

Back to top Go down

Mannix shoots down Griffin report, brings up Butler again Empty Re: Mannix shoots down Griffin report, brings up Butler again

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:44 am

out of that group, I still prefer Butler over any of them.

I think he would fit right in here, if the deal is mainly Bradley and a couple of non-Nets future picks ( maybe another lesser player or current draft pick).

but I agree it would be a major surprise to see it happening now. Before the draft...yeah I though it made sense then.

But then again, who really wants to play with Rondo?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Mannix shoots down Griffin report, brings up Butler again Empty Re: Mannix shoots down Griffin report, brings up Butler again

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:48 am

Just a quick look at the Griffin rumor shows quite clearly what happens. One guy writes the rumor, another picks it up, and then another and then another, each one writing with their own flair. Then 6 more guys write, using their flair, quoting the other guys who quoted the first guy who had a bad night. I believe Danny before I believe these guys who never had the talent to play, just the competitive drive to put words on paper. But it sure gives us stuff to write about. LOL
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:31 am

kdp59 wrote:out of that group, I still prefer Butler over any of them.

I think he would fit right in here, if the deal is mainly Bradley and a couple of non-Nets future picks ( maybe another lesser player or current draft pick).

but I agree it would be a major surprise to see it happening now. Before the draft...yeah I though it made sense then.

It sure looks like Chicago won't be moving Butler.
They would have to be blown out of the water to trade Butler.
If Danny is going to catch a big fish in a trade, he has to be willing to give up one or both Brooklyn picks.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:55 am

tjmakz wrote:

If Danny is going to catch a big fish in a trade, he has to be willing to give up one or both Brooklyn picks.

I would agree that any trade for a star player under contract for more than one year, will require the Nets pick next year most likely.

I would do Bradley AND Brown right now for Butler and his 3 years left on his deal though.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:54 am

kdp59 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

I would agree that any trade for a star player under contract for more than one year, will require the Nets pick next year most likely.

I would do Bradley AND Brown right now for Butler and his 3 years left on his deal though.

I seriously doubt Chicago wants to trade Butler.
If they were just so blown away, they would.
Boston doesn't need to offer a huge package for Butler.
They need to stay the course, and keep the current plan.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:07 pm

The Bulls have been building their roster up with players that will compliment Butler. No trade for Butler is coming.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:26 pm

NY Agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:41 pm

NYCelt wrote:The Bulls have been building their roster up with players that will compliment Butler.  No trade for Butler is coming.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I agree with this as well. Additionally, there is no way that I would trade Bradley and Brown for Butler. I guess I am higher on Brown than most , but I`m not sure Iwould trade him straight up for Butler unless he was goingto bring us an immediate title, which he is not. I think Jaylen Brown has a chance to be special and that Jimmy Butler is pretty much his floor.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down