Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract

+2
mulcogiseng
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract Empty Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:06 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/07/boston_celtics_rumors_ben_bent.html#incart_river_index

Boston Celtics rumors: Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract

Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract 20812847-mmmain
Ben Bentil, a Boston Celtics basketball draft pick for 2016, smiles during an interview Friday, June 24, 2016, in Waltham, Mass. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on July 27, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Ben Bentil has finalized a three-year contract with the Boston Celtics, according to the Boston Globe's Adam Himmelsbach.

Follow
Adam Himmelsbach ✔ @AdamHimmelsbach
According to league sources, the Celtics & 2nd round pick Ben Bentil have finalized a 3-year deal with a partial guarantee in the 1st year.
8:26 AM - 27 Jul 2016
 51 51 Retweets   63 63 likes

The Celtics currently have 16 players with guaranteed contracts, plus John Holland whose deal is nonguaranteed. The sheer numbers suggest Bentil -- who might be seventh on the big man depth chart right now -- could have a tough time making the team unless a trade opens more roster space.

Bentil, 21, averaged 21.1 points and 7.7 rebounds during his sophomore season at Providence before declaring for the draft. The Celtics took him in the second round with the No. 51 overall pick.

bob
MY NOTE:  He gets a little bit of spending money with the guarantee and Danny controls his destiny for total 3 years.  Small commitment.  His defense was soft, in my opinion, in summer league.  He's a stretch 4.  We have Kelly, Horford and even Jerebko for that already.  I see him Portland-bound.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract Empty Re: Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:46 pm

he'll light up the Dleague Glad he's getting some $ Danny always takes care of people
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract Empty Re: Ben Bentil finalizes three-year contract

Post by gyso Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:02 pm

Partial guarantee in the first year?  That makes me think that there is a date that is tied to the guarantee.  Perhaps we can release him by that date and the whole contract goes away.

December 15th?

Hard tellin' not knowin'

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:41 pm

He probably gets $25K and then gets cut before during or after training camp.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:06 pm

This kid had a good college season at Providence last year, and I hope that he makes it. But, right now his chances look pretty slim for even the 15th roster spot. His primary competition would seem to be Jordan Mickey at this time since both are tweeners at power forward and center.

Bentil just did not look good at all on defense in the summer leagues, and this deficiency may be one of the toughest to overcome especially on a team that certainly looks for defensive presence at all positions.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:06 pm

I think if either 6'8" guy is playing center we're in trouble. Both Mickey and Bentil are straight PF's. One has some D and is an offensive work in progress and the other is the opposite. Either one could emerge as an occasional contributor 11TH or 12th man in a year or two or could be out of the league.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Ram wrote:I think if either 6'8" guy is playing center we're in trouble. Both Mickey and Bentil are straight PF's. One has some D and is an offensive work in progress and the other is the opposite. Either one could emerge as an occasional contributor 11TH or 12th man in a year or two or could be out of the league.

Ram,

I agree. Mixkey might be more than "an occasional contributor" but neither Of them is a center.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down