Team Salary Commitments

2 posters

Go down

Team Salary Commitments Empty Team Salary Commitments

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:57 am

This is a link to a page that lists all of the Celtic salaries AND what commitments exist to individual players.  For example, did you know that while Jaylen Brown signed a 4-year contract years 3 and 4 were team options?  That James Young's salary protection ends 10/16/16?

The Celtics guaranteed salary commitments for 2017-2018 is only $54M. Free agent holds and all kinds of interesting stuff is here.

There are other places you can find this too, of course. If anybody finds one they feel is more reliable, please post it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/bos/salary/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Team Salary Commitments Empty Re: Team Salary Commitments

Post by gyso Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:07 am

I like this one as well from basketball insiders:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/boston-celtics-team-salary/

While I am at it, here is Larry Coon's Salary Cap FAQ:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:42 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/07/boston_celtics_notes_demetrius.html

Boston Celtics notes: Demetrius Jackson's contract details; looks like cap holds for Ante Zizic, Guerschon Yabusele still on books

Team Salary Commitments 20809433-mmmain
Boston Celtics' Demetrius Jackson (26) shoots the ball as Philadelphia 76ers' Richaun Holmes, right, defends during the second half of an NBA Summer League basketball game Monday, July 4, 2016, in Salt Lake City. (AP Photo/Kim Raff)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on July 29, 2016 at 2:15 PM, updated July 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Did I get into sports writing because I desperately wanted to analyze player contracts? Not exactly, but salary cap expert Eric Pincus reported a few interesting details about the Boston Celtics' recent batch of signings, so I've assembled some of them below.

As always, check out the Basketball Insiders team salary page, a terrific resource updated by Pincus.

1. Though Demetrius Jackson's deal has the potential to pay him like a first-rounder, he will still need to prove himself every year because his contract only has one fully guaranteed season. The No. 45 pick's contract (which is actually worth a bit less than the reported $5.5 million over four years) is descending, which means he will make less money in future seasons if he sticks with the team. That lets the Celtics save a (very) small bit of future flexibility while giving Jackson more pay in his only guaranteed season.

2. Ben Bentil's partial guarantee this season is $250,000 -- which seems like a lot for the No. 51 pick, who (barring trades) may not have a roster spot.

3. Interestingly, Pincus believes the Celtics still have cap holds on their books for Guerschon Yabusele and Ante Zizic, two first-round picks who will begin their careers overseas. Why does that matter? By getting written agreements from those guys that they would not play for Boston this season, the Celtics could have wiped out those cap holds and signed Tyler Zeller with cap space -- which would have given them the option to trade him as early as Dec. 15. Instead, the team signed Zeller with his Bird rights, meaning he can't be dealt until Jan. 15.

Does the difference matter? Maybe, maybe not. The decision could potentially leave the door open for Yabusele and/or Zizic to play for the Celtics this season. The written agreements would have precluded either of those guys from signing with the team through June 30, 2017. Yabusele's season in China will conclude before the NBA campaign, so maybe he could join the Celtics sometime around March. I have no idea if that's something the team would want (a trade would likely be needed to clear roster space), but it's possible if the written agreements haven't been signed.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down