Noel coming soon?

+3
beat
tjmakz
kdp59
7 posters

Go down

Noel coming soon? Empty Noel coming soon?

Post by kdp59 Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:51 am

some new web based intel?

Celtics high on Nerlens Noel?
wpid-i_57_93_d9_175804460.jpg
Noel has not asked for a trade, but multiple league sources told CSNNE.com that he is “very open” to being traded if the Sixers decide to make that decision. Another league source contacted by CSNNE.com on Thursday morning indicated that the Celtics still have a high level of interest in Noel but no deal is imminent. – via CSNNE.com

Nerlens Noel: I’m blessed to be from Boston. Love my city. – via Twitter NerlensNoel3

 Trade, Nerlens Noel, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers

Based on Nerlens Noel’s social media posts recently, it appears he’s taking such sentiments to heart. And if he is indeed on the move, he’s more than open to the idea of playing for his hometown team — the Boston Celtics. On his Twitter page, Noel’s bio reads, “#BostonStrong – Former Kentucky Wildcat – Current Philadelphia 76er!!” The Everett, Mass., native has a similar message on the bio page of his Facebook account as well. Who refers to the team they play for as “current?” A player who wisely suspects that “current” label will become “former” sooner rather than later. – via CSNNE.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/

sorry if it's already been posted.

it wouldn't surprise me if a deal is in the works now.

maybe Young and a future first?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Noel coming soon? Empty Re: Noel coming soon?

Post by tjmakz Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:22 am

kdp59 wrote:some new web based intel?

Celtics high on Nerlens Noel?  
wpid-i_57_93_d9_175804460.jpg
Noel has not asked for a trade, but multiple league sources told CSNNE.com that he is “very open” to being traded if the Sixers decide to make that decision. Another league source contacted by CSNNE.com on Thursday morning indicated that the Celtics still have a high level of interest in Noel but no deal is imminent.  –  via CSNNE.com

Nerlens Noel: I’m blessed to be from Boston. Love my city.  –  via Twitter NerlensNoel3  

 Trade, Nerlens Noel, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers

Based on Nerlens Noel’s social media posts recently, it appears he’s taking such sentiments to heart. And if he is indeed on the move, he’s more than open to the idea of playing for his hometown team — the Boston Celtics. On his Twitter page, Noel’s bio reads, “#BostonStrong – Former Kentucky Wildcat – Current Philadelphia 76er!!” The Everett, Mass., native has a similar message on the bio page of his Facebook account as well. Who refers to the team they play for as “current?” A player who wisely suspects that “current” label will become “former” sooner rather than later.  –  via CSNNE.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/

sorry if it's already been posted.

it wouldn't surprise me if a deal is in the works now.

maybe Young and a future first?

Why would Philly make that trade you suggested?
Most likely Young will be waived before the season starts.
I'm sure Philly would want Smart or Bradley in a trade package.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:45 am

they are not getting either...the Colangelos' know it now.

1)Noel has been on the market all off-season and they got ZEO offers that were to their liking.

2) Noel is on the last year of his rookie deal

3) Philly thinks Embiid WILL finally play

me putting Young there was more a joke, Philly will take a future non- Nets first round pick. I'd send them out own pick next year or one of our 2018 picks.

let them pick between, Young, Hunter, Bentil, Jackson and even Mickey....if they want a body back too.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:52 am

kdp59 wrote:they are not getting either...the Colangelos' know it now.

1)Noel has been on the market all off-season and they got ZEO offers that were to their liking.

me putting  Young there was more a joke, Philly will take  a future non- Nets first round pick. I'd send them out own pick next year or one of our 2018 picks.

let them pick between, Young, Hunter, Bentil, Jackson and even Mickey....if they want a body back too.

But isn't our pick the Nets pick next year? ( we can switch spots) or is that the following year?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:02 am

beat is right. We have either our pick or the Nets pick in 2017, not both. It is our right to trade picks with the Nets.

I imagine we will take the Nets pick and the Nets will be left with ours. There is no spare Celtics 2017 pick kicking around, unless it is one we got from another team.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:14 am

beat wrote:

me putting  Young there was more a joke, Philly will take  a future non- Nets first round pick. I'd send them out own pick next year or one of our 2018 picks.

But isn't our pick the Nets pick next year? ( we can switch spots) or is that the following year?

beat

beat,

Correct.

In 2017 we get to swap picks with Brooklyn.  In 2018 we just own their outright AND our own.

Noel is in the last year of his rookie contract.  Every day that goes by that particular part of his value diminishes.  Could Philly re-sign him, or extend him?  Sure, they have his Bird Rights, but then he's "right valued" for the market and not a steal.  Part of his appeal is his rookie contract.

Philly wants to move Okafor.  They aren't getting any takers at the price they are asking for him (rumor is they want a draft pick as high as he was, #3, or close to it).  The rumor is that Philly is asking for comparable for Noel.  There have been no takers so far on him either.  This is a waiting game, with the advantage with the buyer, in my opinion.  It makes no difference to Danny or Brad if they trade for Noel today or in 2 months because we already have a pretty good team but Colangelo and Brown might want to know what their roster balance is going to look like sooner rather than later.  That is especially true since Colangelo has said that Hinkie's rebuild plan is done and they want to start winning.  Step 1 is to balance your roster so you can compete.  Forget about free agents, nobody wants to go to dumpster fires like Philly or Brooklyn, you have to give them a reason to want to go there first and that means internal growth and internal growth needs balance.  Our team had no balance in Brad's first year, and we only won 25 games.  Danny balanced the roster better in the offseason, getting Zeller as a center when we had none, and added Jae and Isaiah and Jonas mid-season and we moved up to 40 wins with those wins coming because of those additions.  Philly needs to move at least one big, everybody knows it, they know it, so now it's poker time and I would never want to play poker with Danny.  I like my money too much.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:58 am

If this rumor is true, it's Boston looking to trade for Noel.
Philly is not calling Boston asking what will you give us for Noel.
Boston will have to pay Philly's asking price, or no deal.

Why would Philly make Boston better for a non-lottery 2018 draft pick?
It makes no sense.
Philly still has plenty of draft picks coming up, including the Lakers 2017 or 2018 1st round pick.

Philly needs established guards and they will hold onto their assets until they get what they want.
Philly has time to be patient. If they win 10 or 15 more games than last year, that is progress.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:05 am

The 'ers definitely have a roster issue at the center position. The 'ers fans down here talk about it all the time, but until Embiid can get and stay on the court they really cannot do anything except guess how their guys will play together. Okafor and Noel already did not play well together last season. Embiid's college days show that he probably will not play very well away from the lane.

Saric is the other unknown in this mess that they have in that he may just be able to fill in lots of minutes at the power forward position better than any of Okafor, Embiid or Noel which would then make the 'ers center mess even worse.

Bob is 100% correct in that they are sitting at the poker table with Ainge and the other 28 GMs in the league. They will have to make the first move, and I bet that their first move will be as soon as they are convinced (or not) about Embiid being ready to hold up physically to NBA play.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:22 am

Perhaps the lack of movement on Okafor could be that the suitors want to see how his knee rehabs over the next few months - while on the other hand Philly is sitting back with concerns about Embiid's physical problems. Both are key pieces in putting together a trade. It could be a while before the dust settles.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 pm

sorry my mistake on the draft picks, I should have remembered. Guess I'm in off-season mode also!

to be honest, the tweets and stuff from Noel seems to imply he IS pushing for a deal to Boston.

and why wouldn't he I might add!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:15 pm

IMO, Noel is coming at the same time as usual.  It just seems that it is coming soon because the displays are already showing up in the malls.  clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down