"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!" Isaiah Thomas and my son.

+2
Matty
NYCelt
6 posters

Go down

"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!"  Isaiah Thomas and my son. Empty "Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!" Isaiah Thomas and my son.

Post by NYCelt Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:35 pm

My son got home from a summer basketball camp recently, and told me he was going to another.  With a Celtic.  'Sure you are" I said.  Well, he is currently in Isaiah Thomas' camp and here are some photos from day one.  Kid's having a great summer; did a football camp with Bills HOF QB Jim Kelly last month.  Fourth photo below; I don't think I've ever seen a kid so happy to miss a block.  Note the Larry Bird socks.

"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!"  Isaiah Thomas and my son. _dsc0015
"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!"  Isaiah Thomas and my son. _dsc0011"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!"  Isaiah Thomas and my son. _dsc0012
"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!"  Isaiah Thomas and my son. _dsc0013
"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!"  Isaiah Thomas and my son. _dsc0111

Last edited by NYCelt on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!"  Isaiah Thomas and my son. Empty Re: "Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!" Isaiah Thomas and my son.

Post by Matty Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 pm

that's just awesome!!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

"Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!"  Isaiah Thomas and my son. Empty Re: "Hey dad, I'm going to camp with a Celtic!" Isaiah Thomas and my son.

Post by bobc33 Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:05 am

Way to go! He is loving it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Man, that is awesome stuff!

It sure beats my summer camp experience at UConn when I was 12 and a 20 year old Ray Allen told me writing "I love Allen" in red sharpie inside the brim of my hat was gay, and wrote "like" over "love" in black sharpie.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:01 pm

Fantastic! You are a great Dad!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:29 pm

112288 wrote:Fantastic!  You are a great Dad!

The jury is still out on that one, I'm sure!  But since you have a proven record in the great dad department; thanks.

My wife and I stuck around to listen to IT's message to the players about personal responsibility, academic achievement, the value of discipline, dedicated practice and respect and were quite impressed.  He's very well spoken and delivers his message in a calm, self assured way.  He repeatedly hit home on the theme that you shouldn't let anyone tell you that you cannot do something; that you can be whatever you want if you want it badly enough and constantly work hard toward your goals.

My son talked with him a little one-on-one and asked him what it felt like to be one of the shortest players in the NBA.  Part of Thomas' response was that every time he takes the floor he feels like he's one of the tallest.

I think IT gained some big fans at our house.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Great photos too.

I went to Charles Barkley basketball camp as a kid, only Charles Barkley never showed up. It turned out that Charles Barkley never even heard of the camp, and the guy running the camp had gambling debts so he made the whole thing up about Charles Barkley coming to Charles Barkley camp.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down