Report: Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded

+2
Ram
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Should the Celtics sign Nick Young if/when LA buys him out?

Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Vote_lcap25%Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Vote_lcap63%Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Vote_lcap12%Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Empty Report: Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:39 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/la-lakers-nick-young-trade-buyout-dangelo-russell-081916

Lakers reportedly willing to buy out Nick Young's contract

3 days ago

By Andre Vergara

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:40p ET

It looks like Nick Young is about to get dumped again.

The Lakers are trying to trade the veteran guard and failing that, are willing to buy out his contract to get rid of him, Bleacher Report's Kevin Ding reports.

Young has two years and more than $11 million left on his four-year, $21 million contract, which the Lakers gave him after he provided a spark off the bench in his first season with his hometown team. However, the Lakers' love affair with "Swaggy P" has cooled considerably since then, as he has struggled on the court and made bad headlines off of it.

The most infamous was when he feuded with teammate D'Angelo Russell, who secretly taped him apparently talking about cheating on his pop star girlfriend Iggy Azalea. The video went viral and Azalea broke up with Young a few months later.

Young recently said he's ready to put it all in the past and play with Russell again, but it appears the Lakers want to move on from him.

bob
MY NOTE:  6'7", 210#, SG.  31 years old.  Averaged 19mpg last year.

In my opinion, the bottom is starting to fall out of his game.  Big drop off in fg% from 2 and 3 last two years.  On the other hand, in those years, he was on a team that was truly awful and then on a team that was a little better (but not much) with Kobe Bryant and D'Angelo Russell, with whom he had, shall we say, less than positive chemistry with.  My point is he played on teams the last two years that were awful and in his last year he was on a team with a player who is a high-touch, high-volume shooter (Kobe's fgas/36mpg in his last year was tied for 2nd most in his career, while his assists/36mpg was tied for 2nd fewest in his career.  So, if you were on the floor with Kobe last year you didn't get to touch the ball much because he was shooting more and passing less) and playing with a point guard that he had bad blood with.  Not a good situation for him, to say the least.  It's unfortunate, the whole blow up in the Laker locker room wasn't his fault, but he isn't as valuable as Russell and that's just a fact.  Nevertheless, I think he's on the down side anyway.

On the other hand, a new city, new coach, new system might make a difference.  And we could use a proven shooter.  Suppose Danny could pick him up for the vet's minimum (LA is paying his contract with the buyout, so any money he gets from us is gravy)? Would you be willing to cut Young AND Hunter to open the roster slot for him? One of those two will probably be gone either way, so it cannot just be Young that gets the boot.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/y/youngni01.html

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Empty Re: Report: Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded

Post by Ram Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:59 pm

He's the same player as Gerald Green
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Report:  Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded Empty Re: Report: Lakers Going To Buy Out Nick Young If He Cannot Be Traded

Post by beat Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:08 pm

I like the size, getting a veteran isn't a bad thing we are still one of the youngest teams in the league. Our Young isn't going to make it here and Hunter is destined to watch most of the action from the bench.

I'd do as you state.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:15 pm

No, low character guy. He may be a bad influence on our youngins.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:53 pm

I don`t know much about his character---people sometimes cheat on their significant others, especially when they are continents away.Russell was the dick in that situation. Is there anything else?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:09 am

Swaggy P?

NOT!!!

now STOP IT!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:05 pm

I voted other because I vacillate on Hunter.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 pm

I have never met the guy, but I have read about him. Reports say that he is the type of guy who enjoys the lifestyle that being an NBA player gives him. He likes to party, out late at night, looking to get, um, 'dates'. He is lazy and will not put in the work to improve his game. He will be out of the league in 5, broke in another 5.

Like I said, I have absolutely no first hand knowledge of him, only what I have read. I don't want a guy like that wearing green.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:25 pm

gyso wrote:I have never met the guy, but I have read about him.  Reports say that he is the type of guy who enjoys the lifestyle that being an NBA player gives him.  He likes to party, out late at night, looking to get, um, 'dates'.  He is lazy and will not put in the work to improve his game.  He will be out of the league in 5, broke in another 5.

Like I said, I have absolutely no first hand knowledge of him, only what I have read.  I don't want a guy like that wearing green.

gyso

those are the kind of details I was looking for. only knew about the pipsqueak dangelo russell thing
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down