Impromptu road trip...

+3
bobc33
gyso
Matty
7 posters

Go down

Impromptu road trip... Empty Impromptu road trip...

Post by Matty Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:03 am

I recently had torn my petella tendon and while the doc said it was close but if I stayed off it for a month or so and avoided anything strenuous it would heal so I could avoid surgery. That was great but 2 weeks later I was under the knife anyhow to have a non cancerous  tumor removed and to have a hernia repaired.

Anyhow my wife had an extra week off work and I'm off for 6 weeks she decided to take me on a 3500 mile road trip.  Guess where one of our stops yesterday was???

I'll give ya a clue.
Attachments
Impromptu road trip... Attachment
IMG_20161007_205311.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(783 Kb) Downloaded 20 times
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Impromptu road trip... Empty Re: Impromptu road trip...

Post by gyso Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:15 am

You went to Bill's house? How was he doing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:12 pm

gyso wrote:You went to Bill's house?  How was he doing?

He is doing well.. but wrong coast I think.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Matty did you go to the HoF?

If you did you should have let me know I would have met you there, and/or we could have visited with Rosalie and you both could have made a cheesecake. I would have valiantly vlolunteered to eat both and judge who makes the best cheesecake East of the Mississippi!

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Did you go to the game today Matty?

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:24 am

Hall of Fame....are we right? Or New England Sports museum
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Hes so secretive!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:02 pm

well I did get to the hall of fame.. cheers Basketball

ive had a hernia for quite a while and its been giving me more and more problems in the last few months and me and my wife had decided to finely have it taken care of later this year- so I could hang out on my couch all through December.

then I ended up in the hospital with what was thought to be a torn meniscus. before I could get a mri done (and results back) we went and saw a doc for the hernia and a tumor, decided to have surgeries around same time.

after the hernia surgery was scheduled I went and saw the doc for the meniscus, turns out it was a torn patella tendon, not the meniscus. he suggested a month or so of taking it easy and allowing the tendon to heal on its own. its been six weeks and I'm still limping a bit from that. anyhow I got my hernia surgery and have been off work since then. So my wife up and decided to take me on a long road trip with the last of her vacation time for the year.

she also dragged me along on her never ending quest to hike all 50 states high points

so we drove 3300 miles, saw our families in ohio and then visited some friends who lived in new York, literally saw them for about 4 hours or less than took off. made our way to Mass. and she dropped my off at the hall of fame for almost an hour before they closed... WHY does the HOF close at 4 pm on Fridays??????

anyhow id considered letting the board know id be in the area but we raced from Albany to get there before it closed and then she raced me me to see a Lenard nimoy photography exhibit about 40 minutes away I think. sat morning we were at the Met in n.y. city and the capital on sunday. it was a really quick tour.

I felt bad about not contacting anyone but was little time. I told her I wanted to come back next year but since we've been invited to go to Italy next year for 2 weeks, we have to save vacation time and money.. I'm not going to be doing much traveling anywhere else.

the good news... the tumor was just a fat mass of fattiness.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Good news on the tumor Matty!

So you are choosing Italy instead of your friends in MA?????. Well in that case all I can say is..........I would have made the same choice.

There is a chance I'll visit Italy next year also. A good friend is taking his wife there for two weeks celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary, then he is staying for an additional two weeks visiting with relatives. A few of us are talking about joining him for those two weeks, if so I'm sure I'll put on at least twenty pounds. Though I could pull a Bob Heckler and walk it off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:59 pm

bobc33 wrote:Good news on the tumor Matty!

So you are choosing Italy instead of your friends in MA?????.  Well in that case all I can say is..........I would have made the same choice.

There is a chance I'll visit Italy next year also.  A good friend is taking his wife there for two weeks celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary, then he is staying for an additional two weeks visiting with relatives.  A few of us are talking about joining him for those two weeks, if so I'm sure I'll put on at least twenty pounds.  Though I could pull a Bob Heckler and walk it off.

now that could be interesting, we might be able to meet finely- in say rome!

it really wasn't my choice to be honest. my wife wanted to go and mentioned it in passing to her family as an idea. her oldest sister and her husband (my best friend growing up) called us up and said they want to go. initially I was going to have her go with her family if it worked out. I hate flying. I mean I really, really hate flying. ive agreed to go to Hawaii in the past cuz I know I'll at least end up at a nude beach, but its a struggle to fly that long. Milan or rome will be several hours longer. So I wasn't part of the plan, and didn't really have the funds for it either. well crap if my bro in law said he' buy my ticket if id agree to come. I guess I'm sort of stuck going. Man I hate flying. hard to say no to ur best pal offering to buy ur ticket cuz his dream vacation is now in the works and he wants you to come along.

at least they have booze in Italy... lol!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:02 am

and oh yes, I was very relieved about the tumor.

last year I had to have my heart looked at and it came back ok.. this year ive had that tumor and some spots growing on my arms looked at as possible cancer. so far so good. theres been a few anxious moments over the last year though!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:30 am

DUDE I wish you would have called me, and you had a little more time, I would have loved to meet you guys for lunch in city.....and trust me no one knows NYC and food places like me....!!!

Bro hope you can make our Celtic gathering later in the year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:58 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:DUDE I wish you would have called me, and you had a little more time, I would have loved to meet you guys for lunch in city.....and trust me no one knows NYC and food places like me....!!!

Bro hope you can make our Celtic gathering later in the year.

That's a fact, you can trust Cow! Nobody enjoys food more than Cow, oh wait maybe Bob H, or possibly Steve, Sam was in the running, perhaps I do? Naaaaahhhhhhhh, Cow is the winner!

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:23 am

Cow it would have been awesome!

Our trip into the city was a bit crazy.. we parked at the Met around 11 walked in central park for about 40 minutes? Went into the Met to look around and had lunch in their cafeteria- my one and only meal in the city was a burger and bag of chips!

We left the Met by about 8 and left the city right away.

My wife wants to go back to the city again, no clue when, but she still needs to hike the highest point in new York too we did not have time on this trip. Whenever that happens maybe she can just leave me with you!

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down