Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home

3 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:12 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2017/02/comments-from-other-side-raptors-2217.html

I would be pleasantly surprised if the Raps have anything left in the tank after last night. I’m hoping Lowry is forced to sit and force the rest of the damn team to step up absent the 2 all-stars

I legitimately think that Lowry is a better player than Thomas due to having a better all around game. Powell will most likely end up guarding Thomas, Norm is probably the ideal guy to defend him, his length and lateral quickness are the best combination to guard him. Lowry will most likely bring a great effort on his end. The Raptors are the better team but overtime and the back to back might hold them back.

Not sure if the Raptors are a better team just yet, Celtics playes their first 10 games without two starters ( crowder and Al) also they havent been able for a long stretch to have everyone healthy and when they did they only lost 3 games out 15.

Meh Celtics can have this one. Seems like writing on the wall for them.
-No Derozan
-Celtics fully healthy
-Back-to-Back
-Overtime in a back to back
-At home
-Havent beaten us yet, so they'll be motivated
I still expect to have the 2nd seed by the end of the year

Imo Boston is trending up and we're trending down. Not just this season, but in the long run. A good butt kicking by the Celtics might be just what we need.

Celtics have all the momentum. Celtics are favourites. Celtics have every reason to win this game, and should win this game. And that's exactly why we're gonna win.

Obviously Boston has the brighter future and picks but right now. We're just playing to win. With young guys in the rotation hard to not cheer for the team

The team should wear all black tomorrow. Remember we are chasing the 1st spot and the Celtics are chasing number 2  (MY NOTE:  NO!  We were in 2nd place chasing 1 and Toronto was in in 3rd chasing 2nd.  Last night just opened up the gap a bit)

SMH at the people who just want to give the Celtics this W. **** that they have to take that from us, we better kick the crap out of them.

Auto loss if Sully plays    30-13 when tubby doesn't play

He was the "deadline acquisition" we deserved not what we needed

Not confident....If Holiday dropped 20+ points I can only imagine what Thomas is going to do to us...

Feel like Thomas is gonna have a huge game

Sigh, lets hope for a win. Something about jae crowder that bugs the hell out of me so much

Let's get this win without Derozan and crush their souls forever.

This is their championship game right here. Win and they can hang a banner saying they finally defeated the Raptors Anyway, we can forget about the win tonight. Tony Brothers is reffing

Always hated the Celtics... Please win

Celtics fans seem excited for this one. It's like their championship. For a team with a lot of elitist fans that like to laugh at our division banners, this game seems pretty massive for them.  (MY NOTE:  Your pride in division banners IS pathetic)

Honestly this team is so young. Back to backs ain't issue. I'm expecting a win

You know what's funny about Boston? They've had an embarrassing amount of 1st round picks the past 3 seasons yet I would argue the best young prospect on both teams is on the Raptors. Their drafting has been poor, and Ainge exposed himself trying to trade 4 1st rounders for Justice Winslow. Until they make a trade I don't wanna hear about them. No one will trade with them and they'll continue to drop at the draft lottery like they do every year and draft a bunch of Jaylen Browns and Marcus Smarts.  (MY NOTE:  I wish I knew who this poster is so that I could track his/her comments later in the game to see what they say after Brown and especially Smart kicked their asses)

tbh they maxed out al horford. next year they have to resign thomas and bradley. i hope they max out thomas. he is really is overrated has derozan off/on split numbers. all these draft picks are overrhyped until they make a impact in the nba. Sixers are future of the atlantic and east

Celtics chose all those international players in the nba draft 2016 but right now the best one is chosen by there rival lakers in 2nd round Zubic lol Danny ainge a dummy at drafting

They have no assets outside of the Nets pick and if they were smart they'd trade that pick for Butler. We've all learned picks > player, unless it's TD or LBJ or Kawhi  (MY NOTE:  If picks are better than players then why is Toronto still hanging division banners?)

The game hasn't even started and I can hear Tom Heinsohn whining.

With Tony Brothers reffing tonight, I'll be watching the Celtics feed

No Avery Bradley? No problem for Norm. Gonna go off for 64 to beat Jordan's record in TD garden.

Big statement game. Beating Boston while we're scuffling so bad would demoralize the Celtics and their fans like crazy lol.

Really need Powell to have a big game and crush the celtics tonight. They keep coming up with excuses that IT was out, Bradley was out. Pretty soon they're going to run out of excuses. Next thing you know it's Jerebko or some other random scrub is out.

We need to go at Thomas relentlessly tonight. He's the point of failure for them on D - just exploit him repeatedly.

Norman Powell bout to woop that ass. Don't try to hide Isiah Thomas on him.

Not if Sully eats him before the game

Our season once Sully came back
Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home CfZmDDg

Raptors are the better team idc what anyone says. Isiah is on one of those insane streaks Derozan was on to start the season. He's bound to cool off and so will the Celtics. Celtics could win by 40 tonight, they still don't scare me

Need JV to destroy them inside again. Piece of cake.

The Celtics really are the worst. There's something about all Boston sports teams. I equally hate the Bruins, Pats, and Bosox.

Lowry better put IT in his place tonight.

Thomas is putting up 35+ tonight.

40+ Our guards can't guard guards lol

Maybe the Raps should wear all black on arrival at the gahdin. It worked for the Wiz and psyche/piss the greenies off.

Hoping to find a Boston stream for tonight. Love laughing at how biased their broadcast crew is.

Nothing's as bad as when he compared Raptors legend Greg Steimsma to Bill Russell.

Olynyk the next Dirk Nowitzki! Lol

If you're the Celtics, would you trade the Nets pick for Butler?

I'd also do it if I was chicago fwiw. Tear it down!

Watch Tony Brothers ref tonight than come back to me and tell me the NBA isn't rigged. This guy is one of the biggest scum refs in the league.

No Kelly olynyk tonite either. That guy always lights us up from beyond the arc.

The fact that i know which ref Tony Brothers is without looking it up testifies to this

Hoping for a Raptors loss for a higher pick. Hate me if you want, but I don't care what playoff seed we get. Just making 6-8 and get a better pick because this team needs a talent boost and the draft is still our best bet, despite Masai's picks being average overall thus far.

I have a feeling Lowry will get ejected this game

Celtics blew 2 big leads last 2 games we played. So if we get down 10-15 I aint even worrid

How come the Celtics wing tandem is ugly as ****

Watching Celtics feed. Their TV crew can only be beat by Miami or Cleveland when it comes to being obnoxious and annoying.

watching boston feed too, me because of heinsonn.. i hate the guy.. but somehow also cant resist to listen

damn JV on Horford.. Horford gonna rain 5+ 3s today on our ass

Benny Adams in for the fix

Boston is starting Thomas, Brown, Crowder, Horford, Amir. Meaning we'll get to see Carroll line up against his doppelganger in the Battle of the Dreads.

I dread that battle. Crowder is basically what we thought we were getting with Carroll. Instead we got this reaction every time he's dribbling shooting passing or running

Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home Cringe_597602_5513536

If Boston can't beat the raptors tonight then they're worse than I thought. Raptors coming off an OT game the night before while missing DeRozan

That's the 2nd horrid call by Tony Brothers ffs

Plot twist: what we thought were Carroll's dreadlocks are actually pieces of his brain, and the headband helps keep it intact so he plays better

Lmao Celtics horrible on the glass

Would be sweet to take this one without DD and send the Celts to shamblesland

Jaylan brown does not look good too me

Flop from IT

IT is getting every call man wtf

Celtics look like the team on a back to back

Damn, Tank commander Sully is in

Sullinger is massive. Does he even do any cardio?

On Boston feed they just said Sully looks slimmed down.. Wtf did the guy look when he played for Boston?!

Tommy Heineken just said sully looks slimmed down Lmao

Nba reffing continues to be a complete **** joke... Valanciunas, nogueira, get some bull foul calls, on the other end horford is holding lowry on the screen, moving all over the place to make it easy for Thomas to penetrate and the refs don't call ****... Its **** ridiculous at this point

Refs clearly want Boston as the #2 seed

Ungrateful Bos fans booing Sullly  (MY NOTE:  I agree.  That was rude and unnecessary.  Sully didn't want to leave, Danny renounced his hold on him, he got a great offer, he was right to have taken it)

Lol Celtics are trash. We look like the Golden State Avengers compared to them

Hahah Sully killing them would be glorious

NBA trying to make Isiah a superstar now

The league wanted Boston to have a star so bad that they're making him one.

So basically we would be blowing them out if wernt for the midget and the refs

Every single one of our fouls has been a foul.

Why are they booing sully lol Celtics didn't want him so he left

I swear IT only gets all these calls because he's 5'9.

If we hit a few of our wide open threes and the Celtics weren't getting bailed out by the refs, we could already be up 15+.

If Thomas was 2 inches shorter he would legally be categorized as a little person.

Isiah Thomas Michael Jordan now? Why he getting so many calls lmao. Give me a break. Celtics absolute trash without him lmao

Boston's best player is a **** midget

Gerald Green will never not be annoying.

**** that midget

You can't get MVP chants if you can't play D

I love that little man... But I **** hate him too

Wow IT is impressive

IT is a beast of a scorer, superstar calls or not. He can shoot the damn lights out like Lowry

Wow Thomas is unbelievable

Lol Isaiah is **** sick ! **** that midget tho

Isaiah Thomas is going to create a hate crime spree of little people in Toronto.

A guy who isn't even 6 feet has 16 points..

Lowry will outplay Thomas when the game is in the 3rd/4th Q. Why? Because he's better

Raps getting called for breathing on the Celtics.

Thomas might be my fav non-raptor. It's amazing what he's doing out there. Repping for short dudes worldwide

Boston looks like they are feeling the pressure the standings, 2-0 series, and all-star ramifications. Playing tight. Hopefully it lasts but I wouldn't count on it.

Boston has IT. Literally. They have Isaiah Thomas

And yet they somehow have a better record than us and we have 2 all-stars and mvp candidates...

THEY HAVE BETTER ROLE PLAYERS THEN US ....

Jeezus. Thomas is going for 50 tonight. How TF did 2 teams let this guy slip away?

Anyone else notice how shitty the Celtics fans and crowd is? Not only do they boo someone who game them good solid years in Boston, they don't cheer at all. I know they're down, but at least Raptors fans still cheer when they aren't getting blown out. Tho it's not surprising the Celtics fans are one of worst in the league!

Won't shed any tears when someone ends Marcus smart's career.

Marcus Smart is an itty bitty bitch

Both Ross and JV have always struck me as needing a greater commitment to conditioning and strength

Or a better steroid regiment

The conditioning award doesn’t go to Sullinger?

Sullinger definitely a frontrunner For Oliver miller lifetime conditioning award

horford is trash JV would eat that idiot.

Marcus Scrub

Smart flopping like a fish again LOL

Smart....hit him with a tech for fun.

Smart looks like a turtle

I hate the Celtics man

Smart Is the guy they go to when they want to sweep the leg.

The officials are ruining this game. They know Boston has no answer for our bigs.

LOL they're trying so hard to get Celtics on a run

The refs really hate Canada for some reason. We're getting screwed so hard smh.

I haven't seen a game this one-sided with the officiating in a long time. Literally every call that can go either way, the Celtics get the call every time

These refs are a disgrace to humanity. Trying to keep the game close

My take: in case you thought that the Celtics have shot like 3 times more free throws with all their complaints about the refs, the free throws are even at 14 at this point in the game but you'd never know it by all their whining

Can't wait till the fourth quarter when Thomas gets a whistle every time down the court. NBA gotta manufacture those stars.

Carroll is the worst player ive seen

Man Atlanta products have been trash ... Hortfort 26million and Carroll 16 million

Carroll is no junk yard dog. He's simply junk.

Still love amir

Sully wants this lol

Horford's jumpshot is nearly as bad as Noah's.

The spread is 3.5. This game will be a 5 point game at most by the end.

Don't mention the word spread around Sully. He might think there's food

Lol does Al Horford know how to play basketball? The Celtics gave him a lot of money thinking he did.

That's dirty from Jae Crowder

Crowder lowkey trying to break powells arm

Smart should get a foul for embellishment. **** NBA. Whenever brothers, foster or that female ref call a game you know it's going to be a **** show with God awful calls

Hortford is garbage. 6months in and it is looking like one of the worst contracts in the league. Celtics calling him Horfraud are correct.

I'm not really sure if the Raptors are playing well or the Celtics are playing terrible.

Wow, I just found out Horford is making $26 million.... How the ****? that's gotta be one of the worst signings this past summer from what I've seen from him

Sullinger is having his break out Raptor moment so far.

SMART YOURE NOT A FISH

Smart flops more than Lowry

smart is the flop king of the nba

How does smart get away with all this flopping

It was Sully doing this to us...this time last year.

If we end up playing Boston in the 2nd round - Thomas may threaten the playoff series free throw attempt record.

Thomas steps over the line everytime on his fts

Man I love the way SMart and Crowder play defense ,,, just tough

What happened between last time we played them and now? Why's IT getting Lebron calls?

The NBA is trying to manufacture the Celtics as a threat

IT/Smart must be the worst flopping duo in the history of the NBA. IT whole strategy is go to the basket and throw his body hoping to get calls. Lowry does it as well but not on his level.

Al Hortfort has been waste of money for Boston

This is for all star coach too likely. League would love it to be Stevens I'm sure. Certainly not the Raptors coach. Snooze in their eyes.

NBA conspiracist in me would def believe this. Boston is a big market, historic franchise. Boston gets a lot of marketing and press during the weekend for being 2nd in the east, threat to CLE. Increase hype for potential matchup with CLE.

Isiah the midget version of Harden with the all the calls he's getting

Big IFs but a fit Sully is better player than Hortford. Outside of 3point line, he is better at almost everything else.

I'm surprised we're winning the battle on the glass 27-17. Normally it's a glaring weakness, but I guess the Celtics are an even worse rebounding team than us somehow.

Boston is the worst rebounding team in the league

Need to keep this up for the second half. A win here tonight will strip the Celtics fans of any dignity they have left. Might tip them over the edge for good. They'll never be able to recover for the rest of their lives.

Lol at the disrespect Matt calling Crowder "Crawford"

We need like a 20-30pt lead to withstand Isiah Thomas' 4th quarter ref onslaught

I am not scared of the Celtics at all. In the 2nd round

The NBA so badly wants the Celtics to be relevant again.

What kinda ref in their right mind falls for Marcus Smart? He's like notorious for flopping. How can you believe him?

Thomas' little midget self is untouchable huh

Crowder is a dirty **** player.

Horford is such a waste for them. That contract is ridiculous.

refs doing everything they can to keep celtics in this game

My Take:  At this point in the game, free throws are even at 21 a piece. With all the whining from the Raptors fans you would think that there was a 30 FT disparity

Refs cant let their precious Celtics get down by too much

Sully eating the whole Celtic team

I don't want DD back. We have all the talent in the world, for all we know Bruno and Delon are actual contributors. Time to sell the old men on our roster and give the young guns some run

Wow Sully really trying to stick it to former team

That crowd noise is so fake fam

I say it every time we play Boston, but Marcus Smart just pisses me off for some reason, the guy is easily my least favourite player in the current NBA.

this team SMH seriously, out of 5 guys you pick to go ISO AGAINST MARCUS SMART.. seriously?!?!?

ross gonna be the dumbest basketball player in the nba just trade him

Its lowry vs Thomas time

After seeing Isiah Thomas play in the 4th lately, he's going to hit some insane shots

The crowd has the audacity to boo that foul call on Zeller.

Man Boston is lucky team .... Isiah + good role players ( Crowder, Bradley, Smart, Brown, Rozier, Zeller, Horford ) + two top 5 picks next two years ... This is the last year we are winning the atlantic..

Obligatory: **** Brooklyn

It hit the ref, the ref is on Boston, should be our ball

Wtf is that kid Brown's problem?? That was a good foul

What the F is this bust of a third pick crying about.

Brown all self-conscious about being a bust. He knows he went about 15 picks too high.

Brown and Rozier are both morons

Smart is the most disgusting pathetic player in the nba

Isiah Thomas thinking his midget ass is tough. Carrol would kill him

Isaiah the most overrated player in the NBA

Jaylen Browns contract allows for all the diapers he can wear.

GTFO Tommy H, Lowry is not "their version of IT"

More like IT is their version of Lowry

IT is a homeless man's version of Joseph.

Thomas is amazing

I **** hate that little kid

IT is making the whole Raps squad his bitch now. That man is the clutchest man in nba history

IT hitting some big shots but refs literally did all they could to keep giving Celtics good opportunities to come back

If Boston get rebounder they can really challenge the Cavs with all the perimeter defender they have

Every game there's a guard on the other team who torches the Raptors  (MY NOTE:  Maybe it's not the refs then, maybe it's your guard defense...?)

We need this win

IT telling anyone how to play D is laughable

Lowry doing his best Shaq impression at the FT line tonight.

Kyle is the least clutch FT shooter. I don't get it at all.

He's weak mentally when it really matters. Look at playoffs, he and derozan are **** every year come playoffs

And that my friends is the difference between IT and Lowry..

**** why is IT so damn clutch

Carroll is a moron. How can you leave IT wide open?!

DAMN THIS MIDGET

This midget is something else lol

Leave open the best scorer on the floor Nice job boys

Thomas is amazing good for him

Honestly nothing you can do when Thomas is playing like this. Except maybe try to guard him. Losing him at any point is inexcusable.

Man, is this really the same Isaiah Thomas from the Kings and the Suns? I literally get scared every time he touches the ball, wow.

They need to double-team him...look how they are guarding Lowry...let someone like Crowder make shots..anyone but IT

Patterson is the most unclutch clutch player ever if that makes any sense.

60th pick .... 5'9 170 pound .... and he is literally leading the league in points  (MY NOTE:  Westbrook is 30.7ppg, IT is 29.7ppg, but Westbrook is shooting 42% while IT is shooting 46.8%.  Westbrook also takes 23.7 fgas/game while IT takes only 19.9fgas/game)

Easy guy to cheer for Imo.

Celtics need our All-NBA superstar to be injured while catching us on a back-to-back to barely win.

Tony Brothers - "Mission Accomplished!"

Garbage squad. Masai been a fool

Man Lowry is gonna break his back from carrying these pos choke artists scrubs.

The raptors are such a joke in 2017

What a shocker. No timeouts left to advance the ball with under 10 seconds to go.

How far do we need to fall in the standings before Masai decides to do his job?

We have like no assets, not sure what he can do lol.  (MY NOTE:  They went from "we're the better team, Boston sucks" to "We have no assets".  LOL)

Boston can barely beat a slumping Raptors team without DeRozan on a back to back at home  (MY NOTE:  No Bradley or Kelly)

Why is it I never remember this happening with any other coach, but Casey always runs out of timeouts?

Oh no...we suck..again...

I honestly think Boston is better than us though. IT is just so clutch. Kyle is too but not IT clutch. Kyle plays too passive at times and misses clutch free throws a lot.

It only makes sense that Sacramento let a guy like Isiah Thomas walk away..... After watching him play everyday. Unbelievable. Best thing that ever happened to him was getting away from that train wreck of a franchise.

He also got a away from PHX, HE RAN AWAY FROM TWO bad franchises in less than 365 days

Smart guy! This lil man just put up 44 points on us! Wow.

Bright side the only time Boston beat us, it was a really close game and our best scorer was not playing

We can't really use no Demar as an excuse because they had no Bradley or Kelly.

Man the Kings (and the Suns) effed up huge. Can you imagine Thomas running around the perimeter with Cousins wreaking havoc in the paint. Pretty much un-stoppable offense.  

Don't really care who coach's the EC team but Imo is Stevens is way more deserving.

Yep. Celts have had a ton of injuries, and really have just one star, who shouldn't even really be a star. IT is mind-boggling.

you've got to give IT credit. He was RELENTLESS in the 4th. I wish Lowry was like that. He made some clutch shots but he was also a little passive.

I wish we played defence as well as Boston did down the stretch. But I'm over hoping this defence gets any better. It clearly isn't going to

This is why I wonder why teams can't blitz Thomas, get the ball out of his hands and let the other guys beat you. Celtics role players are pretty meh, actually

He is very quick but I do agree it's almost mindboggling that teams don't double and force a guy like Smart or Crowder to try and come up with something.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Couple of trends I have noticed reading these comments from the other side posts. First, I see that as opposing fans watch IT, they start to realize he is the real deal. Second, I hear a lot of opposing fans saying Al is not even remotely living up to his max contract. Personally, I am not at all disappointed in Al - he seems to fit well. He might not put up max-type numbers, but I still feel like no disappointment. Thoughts?

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - Raptors, Home

Post by sinus007 Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Shamrock,
Let's not forget that AH's max contract was given in part to attract other stars. Unfortunately it didn't work out with KD. But I think the fact that Celtics were on his short list was due to AH's presence on the roster.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:31 pm

sinus007 wrote:Shamrock,
Let's not forget that AH's max contract was given in part to attract other stars. Unfortunately it didn't work out with KD. But I think the fact that Celtics were on his short list was due to AH's presence on the roster.

AK

Yes, good point. Al's signing helped build a team that is waiting for that star. If GSW doesn't win, do you think KD would ever leave for a team like the Celtics? He can opt out after all, and I would think the Celtics would be even more intriguing.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down