+3
cowens/oldschool
jrleftfoot
kdp59
7 posters

Go down

a way too early mock draft from CBS Empty a way too early mock draft from CBS

Post by kdp59 Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:31 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2017-nba-mock-draft-2-0-lakers-get-fsus-isaac-at-no-2-knicks-land-uks-monk/

key part:

Celtics (via Nets)

Markelle Fultz, PG, Washington

Is the top seed in the East and the top pick in the draft within reach? Thank the Brooklyn Nets. I'm sure the Celtics do every day.

LOL..gotta love that sentence!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

a way too early mock draft from CBS Empty Re: a way too early mock draft from CBS

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Seems like if we draft a point guard the whole roster needs to be restructured. Do you guys think that is worth it? I s Fultz that good?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

a way too early mock draft from CBS Empty Re: a way too early mock draft from CBS

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:06 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Seems like if we draft a point guard the whole roster needs to be restructured. Do you guys think that is worth it? I s Fultz that good?

very good question, I haven't seen him play.....board please chime in, saw some writer compare him to DeAngelo Russell? he better be more athletic and skilled than that. Russell is avg defender at best, can Fultz defend? Josh Jackson always looks good, athletic, good handle, Jackson and Brown could be a lethal 2-3 combo, imagine Jordan and Pippen, both can defend.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:20 pm

affraid I`m imagining Jordan and Pippin
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:24 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:affraid I`m imagining Jordan and Pippin

jr,

More like a wet dream than mere imagination.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:34 pm

A few months back I set my dvr to record Washington Husky games so I can go check out the next great thing.

Today I watched a recording of USC at Wash.  And there he is sitting in the stands.  Danny Ainge.  

He appears to be everything advertised.  He has size and length with big time hops and made two unbelievable blocks coming from the weakside swatting the ball away halfway up the glass.  Serious rise.

Solid handle that lets him get to anywhere he wants.  He drops 3 pointers with a smooth effortless stroke.  Or he will attack midrange with precise jumpers, floaters or fallaways.  He has a quick cross over and finishes with either hand.

But that is not all.  He is very unselfish almost to a fault and does an excellent job hitting the open man.  Technically solid passes.  He made a 3/4 court pass on the fast break that was impressive.

Negatives.  I have only imagined one.  He seems to do things with little effort.  Simmons like.

I have seen him play 6 times.  I would conclude that he is not just a PG.  He can play off the ball and has excellent catch and shoot skills.  Overall best guard talent I have seen the last 10 years.  As good or better than Irving, Wall, Dillard.  

If the Celtics luck up and land The #1 Pick they should draft Fultz.

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Cowens and leftfoot,

Since you asked...

Fultz can do it all, and is probably ready to get serious NBA minutes immediately.  He would solve our need for a shooter and defends like he's the love-child of Tony Allen and Marcus Smart.  He plays the point now, but would fit into our backcourt alongside Thomas perfectly.

Since it appears we have a top 4 spot locked up, that should mean we get Markelle Fultz (PG, Washington), Josh Jackson (SF, Kansas), Jason Tatum (SF, Duke) or Lonzo Ball (PG, UCLA). All would play immediately.  All would help solve our shooting woes.  I'd pretty much take them in the order I listed; possibly Tatum over Jackson.

I would also throw away many of the 'draftnik' scouting reports, not only on these four, but a good number of the expected lottery picks.  You have to watch them play, because I don't think the majority of the draft writers have!  Ball's jumper looks unorthodox, which could be his biggest question mark, but he's been hitting the three.  Like Fultz, he would fit in the backcourt alongside Thomas, although maybe not quite as well.

Fultz, Jackson, Tatum or Ball.  If we have a top four pick and don't end up with one of them, I hereby promise to start a 'Dump Danny Ainge' thread on this board and any other that will have me, the day after the draft.

Regards

Edit:  I was writing this when dboss posted his. Obviously, dboss and I agree.  We're both not only hoops draft geniuses, but very good looking.  Have I mentioned that before?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:52 pm

bobheckler wrote:

jr,

bob

so your against drafting Josh Jackson?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks nycelt and dboss, didn't know he can defend and comparing his D to TA and Smart is serious praise.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:26 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

jr,

bob

Cow,

I do not watch college sports so I am not qualified to offer an opinion.  After the NBA season is over I take a crash course on players likely to be available when we pick, a small step from total ignorance to a little dangerous..

As far as my post I was saying expecting Jordan and Pippen is a wet dream.  I never heard of Josh Jackson until I read NYCelt's post.  Still don't know a damn thung about him except his name, he plays SF for Duke and NYCelt likes him.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Kansas, not Duke.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:59 pm

I really expect Yabu and Zizic to complement our @#1 pick (hopefully Fultz) and maybe a FA pickup to push us in to the NBA finals for a decade.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:01 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

jr,

bob

Cow,

I do not watch college sports so I am not qualified to offer an opinion.  After the NBA season is over I take a crash course on players likely to be available when we pick, a small step from total ignorance to a little dangerous..

As far as my post I was saying expecting Jordan and Pippen is a wet dream.  I never heard of Josh Jackson until I read NYCelt's post.  Still don't know a damn thung about him except his name, he plays SF for Duke and NYCelt likes him.

bob

bob saw him play a couple times, hes a legit 6'8" they list him a 205, hes the supposed consensus no 1 wing in the draft, he can defend, fly up and down the floor with a great handle, he could be Pippen or Drexler like or Kidd Gillhurst, and don't think he'll be near as bad as Exum. I actually think he'll be alot better than Kidd Gillhurst.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:29 pm

worcester wrote:Kansas, not Duke.

See what I mean?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:39 pm

This discussion made me happy jocolor
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:25 am

Me too, I saw Tatum a few times, he didn't have the quickness or ballhandling of Jackson, but might have better inside post game.....if we got Fultz, Ball or Jackson, I'd be thrilled.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:02 am

if we do draft another top flight guard, it will be interesting to see what Danny does with the ones we have. someone will have to go or leave in FA in the near future.

Unless Brad runs a 4 guard offense.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:06 am

If Celts draft a guard Look for a trade involving one of our guards. Celts cannot pay both IT and AB and also add a significant big.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:51 am

As most of us agree, the draft is a crap shoot. Mostly one and done prospects.

A kid like Jalen Brown can contribute now but his upside is what we find intriguing. The Celtics have done a very good job integrating a lot of young players into the team. Speaking of young, he is playing better.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:00 pm

If Celts take Josh Jackson I could see games where he plays SF and Crowder plays PF and Brown plays SG

Top 5 in this draft are very good basketball players. Fultz is still my first choice but Jackson works for me too.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:04 pm

I'm with you on this dboss. We cannot lose coming out of the draft, and I'd prefer we get the #1 pick and Fultz. We are becoming one helluva a team. We are watching the creation of the next dynasty.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:53 pm

I'm watching Kansas vs Baylor right now, Josh Jackson flies up and down the floor, just had a great jam !! On defense he covers all over the place, gets his hands on so many balls, he blocked a shot when Baylors 7 foot center tried to post him up. Did see him airball a midrange jumper, but his defense is sick !!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:57 pm

nice he just hit a 3 at the buzzer at the half

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down