gyso
worcester
hawksnestbeach
willjr
kdp59
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

new draft net mock with a NEW top pick. Empty new draft net mock with a NEW top pick.

Post by kdp59 Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:35 pm

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

1. Josh Jackson
2. Ball
3. Fultz
4. Fox
5. Tatum

I honesty think Jackson fits our team better, not sure if he's the top overall pick or not.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

new draft net mock with a NEW top pick. Empty Re: new draft net mock with a NEW top pick.

Post by willjr Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Willjr-draft.net:
Fultz
Jackson
Tatum
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

new draft net mock with a NEW top pick. Empty Re: new draft net mock with a NEW top pick.

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 pm

My take - in the for-what-its-worth department - is Jackson, Tatum, Fultz, Fox, Ball and of course, hope we pick first. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:37 pm

I heard that Ball got schooled badly by Fox yesterday in the NCAA's.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Ball, having the big mouth dad that he has, might fall out of the top five?

I know that I don't want that head case anywhere near the Celtics.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Ball is fine, had a good game last night but Kentucky was simply too much.  Fox and Monk are both incredible players, a couple of scoring machines.

Ball will probably go top 2.  Papa Ball will probably go to a good analyst.

If we land #1, it's Fultz.  Has to be for anyone; no way to pass on a can't miss talent like that.

For my money, Tatum or Jackson are more what we need, however.  A starting 3 who improves our scoring, plays tight D, and helps us return to top tier status.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:56 pm

The change at the top of this list is very interesting as this is the first time that Fultz has not been at the top all year to my knowledge.

Should continue to change until draft night to keep everyone talking

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:49 am

Ball showed his defense can be exploited as he couldn't stop Fox or Monk, I thought Fox defended Ball very well and in the heat of the game in 2nd half when UCLA needed their leader to step up, he came up small.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:50 am

We have to get the #1 (or 2 or 3 or 4) pick first.  In case you haven't been paying attention Brooklyn has been winning and the Lakers have been losing.  If they catch us and we drop to #2 we could get #5.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 am

Mocks will change but I have to admit I was surprised to see Jackson jump to # 1 over Futz.  Draft express still has Fultz @ #1

Here is an interesting bit of info.  Fultz has the same wingspan as Jackson

AGE: 18.8 HEIGHT: 6'4.0" WINGSPAN: 6'9.8" WEIGHT: 195 - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/ ©DraftExpress

AGE: 20.1 HEIGHT: 6'8.0" WINGSPAN: 6'9.8" WEIGHT: 203 - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/ ©DraftExpress

I would be happy with Jackson but my preference is still Fultz.  Top o bottom he is still in my book the best skilled player coming out.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:18 am

bobheckler wrote:We have to get the #1 (or 2 or 3 or 4) pick first.  In case you haven't been paying attention Brooklyn has been winning and the Lakers have been losing.  If they catch us and we drop to #2 we could get #5.

bob

Nets with 9 games left and 5 of those on the road.  Anything can happen but they are not winning 5 more games.  One of which is in Boston.  

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:27 am

Nets will lose to Detroit, split with Philly, lose to Atlanta, Boston and split with Chicago.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:07 pm

I think Fulz is still the consensus #1 pick and barring injury should be come draft day, IMO.

I was surprised someone mocked him lower to be honest, which was why i posted it. Way early for sure
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:12 pm

It had looked like this was a year where there was going to be a clear cut #1 pick.
Maybe that is no longer the case.
It will all come down to pre draft workouts.

On the other end of the draft board, Boston should give a serious look at Tacko Fall from UCF with their Clippers or Cavaliers 2nd round pick. Tacko is a long and mobile 7'6". We went to the UCF vs. USF game in Tampa a couple of weeks ago and sat in the first row. Offensive players are afraid to shoot the ball anywhere near Tacko. He's a project on the offensive side of the ball, but he does have a good touch. UCF is playing tomorrow night in the NIT Tournament at 9PM on ESPN, if you want to watch him.
If Tacko is not drafted, I would love for the Lakers to give him a chance.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Don't forget to factor in the possibility that the Celts will have traded away their number 1 pick by the end of draft day.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 pm

swish wrote:Don't forget to factor in the possibility that the Celts will have traded away their number 1 pick by the end of draft day.

swish

Time will tell but I have a strong feeling that this draft will go down as one of the deepest we have seen in a long time (at least for positions 1-3) and if you are drafting in the top 7 you have a shot at a stud. For that reason i do not see Boston trading their pick.

3 years from now we may all be discussing what a bust the draft was in 2017.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 pm

"Don't forget to factor in the possibility that the Celts will have traded away their number 1 pick by the end of draft day.

swish"

If it's for Kawaih Leonard, ok. Otherwise I want to keep the #1 pick, if that's how we draw.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:26 pm

The one thing that's a certainty no matter where we draft, is that if we keep that top pick, we'll have the opportunity to get the shooter we need.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:51 pm

dboss wrote:
swish wrote:Don't forget to factor in the possibility that the Celts will have traded away their number 1 pick by the end of draft day.

swish

Time will tell but I have a strong feeling that this draft will go down as one of the deepest we have seen in a long time (at least for positions 1-3)  and if you are drafting in the top 7 you have a shot at a stud.  For that reason i do not see Boston trading their pick.  

3 years from now we may all be discussing what a bust the draft was in 2017.  

If you can get a stud anywhere from 1-7 Danny might trade down anywhere from 2-7 and make a profit on it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:52 pm

I thought about that possibility. But I there is something uncanny about the way the stars are aligning for us. We will get the best pick for this team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:04 pm

Right now I'd go with Faultz and Josh Jackson as my 2 main choices and if those 2 are gone I might even take Fox over Ball as hes a better quicker more athletic defender and can't stand Ball's father....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:23 am

Like father like son.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/uclas-lonzo-ball-2017-nba-draft-markelle-fultz-kentucky-malik-monk?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:26 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/five-questions-lonzo-balls-nba-180834620.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:21 am

Great read Steve, Ball does not have uber athleticism, Fox shut him down twice, he is definitely no shutdown defender or 5 tool player. I question if he can score against the next level of defenders. now I heard his father is trying to shop a reality show.....that guy should shut the fock up.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:08 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Great read Steve, Ball does not have uber athleticism, Fox shut him down twice, he is definitely no shutdown defender or 5 tool player. I question if he can score against the next level of defenders. now I heard his father is trying to shop a reality show.....that guy should shut the fock up.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kris-bryants-dad-has-some-advice-that-lavar-ball-cant-afford-to-ignore-002804293.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next