Does the Cousins trade set a lower price on other star players this week?

4 posters

Go down

Does the Cousins trade set a lower price on other star players this week? Empty Does the Cousins trade set a lower price on other star players this week?

Post by wideclyde Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:30 am

With Cousins now traded to New Orleans for only Heild and a 2017 first round draft pick, does this trade adjust the trade deadline
value for other star players this week?

Heild may turn out to be a good NBA player, but so far he has not jumped up and stolen too many headlines as a rookie,
and the 2017 draft pick could now end up becoming a mid range first rounder as NO probably adds to their win column with Cousins
joining Davis in their line up. Evans has been a decent NBA player as well, but he is not likely to turn Sacramento's season around
while the other guy in the trade has already been rumored to be on his way to the waiver wire.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Does the Cousins trade set a lower price on other star players this week? Empty Re: Does the Cousins trade set a lower price on other star players this week?

Post by kdp59 Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:33 am

wideclyde wrote:With Cousins now traded to New Orleans for only Heild and a 2017 first round draft pick, does this trade adjust the trade deadline
value for other star players this week?

Heild may turn out to be a good NBA player, but so far he has not jumped up and stolen too many headlines as a rookie,
and the 2017 draft pick could now end up becoming a mid range first rounder as NO probably adds to their win column with Cousins
joining Davis in their line up. Evans has been a decent NBA player as well, but he is not likely to turn Sacramento's season around
while the other guy in the trade has already been rumored to be on his way to the waiver wire.

certainly looks like the Kings sold low on Cousins. They must have reached their limit with him I suppose, otherwise its the kind of trade that gets a GM fired in the future.

I read the Lakers turned down the deal, because they would NOT send Ingram to the Kings.

I seriously doubt we see any other major deals by this trade deadline, as this deal will lower what buyers want to spend IMO.

all I can say about the Cousins trade is wow.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Does the Cousins trade set a lower price on other star players this week? Empty Re: Does the Cousins trade set a lower price on other star players this week?

Post by dboss Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 am

Or maybe the Kings got it right.  They were considering a rather large extension and those  techs keep piling up.  The assumption that teams out there were ready to sell the farm may not have been true.

I know a lot of you out there wanted Cousins but I think DA did the right thing by not going in that direction.  

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:49 pm

I read that the Sacto owner thinks that Buddy Heild is the next Steph Curry. I don`t think this affects the market at all.Why would it?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down