40 players who could be moved by the deadline-CBS sports

2 posters

Go down

40 players who could be moved by the deadline-CBS sports Empty 40 players who could be moved by the deadline-CBS sports

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:32 am

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-deadline-rumors-brook-lopez-among-40-players-who-could-be-moved/

long article, go to the link.

since most here feel that rebounding help is our biggest need, I will cut and paste all the big men they listed.

Paul Millsap, Atlanta Hawks: As the Cousins trade proved, you can’t always trust the executive who publicly proclaims his star isn’t going anywhere. The Hawks, however, are much more trustworthy than the Kings, so it would be surprising if Millsap were traded ... unless he tells the front office he’s probably not going to re-sign.

Jahlil Okafor, Philadelphia 76ers: The Sixers benched him for a couple of games because they were close to completing a trade. While the Pelicans presumably no longer are an option, Okafor has also been linked to the Bulls, Mavericks and Celtics. There’s no guarantee his defense and rebounding will ever be even average for a center, but his footwork and touch aren’t easy to find. His tenure in Philadelphia has been forgettable, but he could develop into an Enes Kanter-like contributor elsewhere.

Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia 76ers: With all the noise about Okafor, the Noel talk has quieted lately. He is still headed into restricted free agency, though, and if the Sixers aren’t willing to give him a big payday, they should at least listen to trade offers. Unlike Okafor, Noel does not need to make huge strides in any area to be a net-positive player. He has room to grow, but he is already the kind of mobile, defense-first modern big man most teams want.

Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets: The Nets reportedly want two first-round picks for Lopez, though the Kings got less than that for Cousins. Lopez quietly has had an excellent season (became the first player in NBA history to record eight blocks and six 3-pointers in a game last week), but there might just not be much of a market for him.

Nikola Vucevic, Orlando Magic: Of the low-post bigs on this list, the 26-year-old Vucevic might be the most intriguing. He has made progress as a passer and defender in the past couple of seasons, and he always has been an excellent rebounder. He not knocking down 3s like Lopez, but he has at least started to attempt them this season. The Serge Ibaka trade could mean that he is off the market, though you never know with the Magic.

Taj Gibson, Chicago Bulls: The longest-tenured Bull was linked to the Raptors before the Ibaka deal, and if he gets traded, it’s through no fault of his own. A full-time starter for the first season of his eight-year career, Gibson has been one of the few consistent positives on a mediocre team. He’ll be a free agent for the first time in July, and the Bulls don’t want to lose him for nothing.

Robin Lopez, Chicago Bulls: If -- and this is a big if -- the Bulls decide to blow things up, it would make sense to try to extract a first-round pick from a team in search of a solid big man. Lopez is one of my favorite role players, and he’s on a good contract, but this organization might be better off with a pick.

Greg Monroe, Milwaukee Bucks: Quietly, Monroe has excelled in his sixth-man role this season, and he’s second on the team in real plus-minus. He’s reportedly likely to decline his player option, though, so the Bucks would have to listen if other teams were interested.

Andrew Bogut, Dallas Mavericks: Still one of the league’s best defensive centers, Bogut can also help on the other end with passing and screening. Contenders should be calling Dallas about him if they think he can be fully healthy by the postseason.

Tyson Chandler, Phoenix Suns: There are two more years on the 34-year-old’s contract, and it’s hard to imagine him spending both in Phoenix. He has definitely lost a step, but he’s still pulling down 11.4 rebounds per game.

Kosta Koufos, Sacramento Kings: The Kings are essentially tanking, and Koufos and the following three names on this list reflect that. Koufos is a solid center, but it’s probably time to give Willie Cauley-Stein the starting spot and see what Skal Labissiere and Georgios Papagiannis have to offer.

Terrence Jones, New Orleans Pelicans: He’s one of the Pels’ better players, but there’s not much room for him on this roster now. ESPN reported that the team and his camp have decided it’s best to find a deal.

Omer Asik, New Orleans Pelicans: The Pelicans were trying to trade his contract before the Cousins deal, but now it’s hard to see how they’d get that done without packaging him with Holiday or a first-round pick.

Alexis Ajinca, New Orleans Pelicans: Same deal as Asik, except New Orleans shouldn’t be quite as desperate -- Ajinca is making about half as much money as the team’s other marginalized big man.

I would note they did NOT list D. Favors from Utah who has been on the rumor mill now or A. Drummond from Detriot.

so if you want rebounding....take you pick!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

40 players who could be moved by the deadline-CBS sports Empty Re: 40 players who could be moved by the deadline-CBS sports

Post by wideclyde Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:47 am

My first choice of the guys you separated out from the full list of 40 would be Noel.  He is many things that should interest the Cs: still very young, still improving, mobile, probably the best combined defender/rebounder on the list, less expensive to get than guys like Milsaps, less expensive to pay, but I would not give up either of the Nets picks for him.  Vusevic would be my second choice.

I think that he would be worth re-signing this summer, and getting him will not require us to lose more than one member of our guard corps plus a first round draft pick that Ainge has gotten from another team.

Last edited by wideclyde on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

40 players who could be moved by the deadline-CBS sports Empty Re: 40 players who could be moved by the deadline-CBS sports

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:59 am

I agree that Noel seems to be a great fit with the current team, but he is an expiring contract and would need to be paid (at a high level) as a RFA next season.

I don't think Vucivic fits here myself and Orlando may not even be willing to move him.

Favors (NOT on CB's list above) would be my second choice right now. Based on him being under contract on a market ($12M) deal next year and may not cost much more than a first and Amir's expiring deal.

Chancler and Bogut are too old for me.

Gibson, Monroe and Milsap are all expring rentals.

Robin Lopez is the only other player on the list that fits for me.

so ranking them:

1. Noel
2. Favors
3.. R. Lopez

depending on the cost of course
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down