Post by dboss Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:30 pm

boooo!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

KG suspended for 1 game Empty Re: KG suspended for 1 game

Post by Pumpsie Green Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:37 pm

That is a bunch of crap. BOOOO is right.
Here is the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5110621
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Straight BS from the DOPES at the NBA office in NYC.

Garnett was protecting his teammate who was laying on the ground - when Richardson came over to KG and started the whole thing.

What was Richardson doing in approaching KG at that point? Further more, if the refs had called ONE of the previous TWO FOULS on Haslam and Richardson, none of that would have happened.

I applaud KG for sticking up for his teammate and Big Baby for also sticking his nose in there.

This is the kind of thing that can really ignite a flame of camaraderie in a team....Heat may have just done this team a big favor - as I say Pierce and Ray Allen, Baby and Rondo come out on fire in game 2.

Watch out.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 pm

I just wish someone with no bearing on this game would knock Richardson on his ass. He walked away from everything last night laughing. And as far as all their crybabying about the Celtics, they were the ones flopping on the floor.
O'Neal is the biggest baby of all. Oh God, right now I could whack them myself!!! Figures, I have tickets to Tuesday's game and KG won't be playing!!!

I have no problems with what KG did, and Richardson just kept baiting the Celtics. He knew exactly what he was doing. Big deal, $25,000, the Heat will probably pay it for him!

Time for the team to unite and shove the ball down their throats. And, please, Perk, stop travelling!!!! Just go up and slam that ball in, O'Neal can't stop you, he is a big whimp.

CAN YOU TELL I AM TICKED OFF?????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm

I applaud KG for defending Paul, but does the league have leeway when an elbow is thrown above the shoulders? I thought I heard on TV there wasn't.

I like mrkleen's thought it may bring the team closer together!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Bobc

I think the league has some discretion unless a punch was thrown. For crying out loud the Heat players where crowding around PP while he lay in pain on the floor. The elbow was inadvertant as far as I'm concerned.

If they fined KG I could accept that but to suspend him for a playoff game is an excessive an unfair decision on nthe part of the league.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 pm

dboss,

The rule about elbowing is that it is a Flagrant 2 if the elbowing was intentional or reckless.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:30 pm

We're kind of running two threads about the same thing, but at this point each may be too long to make it worth merging them.

As I mentioned in the other thread the suspension is justified; tjmakz post above is correct.

At the same time KG's reaction had to be quick and so he did what he did. Wrong method? Yes. Right reasoning, however. You never leave a teammate exposed.

The fire is surely lit. Richardson isn't going to enjoy the rest of this series.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Garnett's actions were sophomoric. He could have gotten his point across without the elbows. He lost his head and anger as he has in the past.

Him not being available for Game 2 will hurt the Celtics. He has no one to blame but himself. You can bet Rivers is more than upset with him. Given the game situation, it was unprofessional, let's be honest.

Go Celtics!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:58 pm

tjmakz wrote:dboss,

The rule about elbowing is that it is a Flagrant 2 if the elbowing was intentional or reckless.

Whats the rule for endangering a down and injured player and instigating a fight?

NBA is a joke. Anyone that watched that game saw Richardson approach and KG (and his down teammate) yelling and escalating the situation. If that isnt a suspendable offense, I dont know what is.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:25 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:dboss,

Whats the rule for endangering a down and injured player and instigating a fight?

NBA is a joke. Anyone that watched that game saw Richardson approach and KG (and his down teammate) yelling and escalating the situation. If that isnt a suspendable offense, I dont know what is.

If the NBA is a joke, then don't watch it.
Don't be an enabler for Garnett's actions.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:41 pm

tjmakz wrote:If the NBA is a joke, then don't watch it.
Don't be an enabler for Garnett's actions.

How is this. I will watch what I want when I want to. And you can stick to rooting for your golden boys as they struggle with OKC.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:48 pm

I will watch LA 'struggle' with OKC, then probably Denver, then probably Dallas, then either Orlando or Cleveland.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:18 am

Right.......struggle they will and they will not win the title either.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:18 am

They have just as good of a chance then any other team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down