Unnamed Warrior: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball

3 posters

Go down

Unnamed Warrior: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball Empty Unnamed Warrior: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245309/Unnamed-Warrior-Weve-Got-Problems-And-It-Aint-Basketball

Unnamed Warrior: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball

MAR 15, 2017 6:51 PM

The Golden State Warriors have already lost five more games this season than they did in all of 15-16 and the joy in which they've played the game hasn't been as prevalent.

The Warriors signed Kevin Durant in the offseason, who is out with a knee injury. Since Durant's injury, the Warriors have lost five of their past eight games.

"Is this malaise of theirs about not feeling motivated, not thinking they have something to play for," said Strauss on the True Hoop Pod. "Is it just being tired? There's one guy in particular on the team that keeps saying the same thing to me, and I can't say who he is, but he keeps saying 'We've got problems and it ain't basketball.'"

Durant, Stephen Curry, Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston will be free agents in the offseason.

"The Luke Walton question is an interesting one. I think what happened with Luke Walton in some ways speaks to some of the issues this team has where his success undermined Kerr's authority," said Strauss. "They played the best basketball they ever had when Kerr was not coaching the team, when Luke was letting them do a lot of what they really wanted and Draymond (Green) was essentially player-coach and that has ratcheted up the tension, I believe, between those two figures. And so it's so hard to say. Is it because they miss Luke Walton? Or Luke Walton's presence on the team and the success that came with it came to haunt them in some way."

bob
MY NOTE:  They won under Luke but they were also the World Champions and he was taking over an already extremely well put together and successful team.  They weren't "unmotivated" when they won the Championship under Kerr.  Are they unmotivated by the regular season, waiting only for the post-season to awaken and feel purpose?  We'll see, but I think blaming Kerr is a mistake.  They gave up Bogut and Barnes for Durant, and Durant is out.  Were the Celtics unmotivated when they struggled when Horford and Crowder were out, or just talent-depleted?  The Dubs are down an MVP player.  That's going to hurt performance and hurt performance undermines confidence, morale and focus.  Let me remind everybody that, unmotivated and all, they still have the best record in the NBA.  I would happily take an unmotivated Celtics team if we had only 14 losses to go with it.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Unnamed Warrior: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball Empty Re: Unnamed Warrior: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball

Post by dboss Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 am

They are victims of their own success. But the main issue is the lack of frontcourt depth combined with Durant being out.

If Durant does not make it back they may not make it out of the West.

Looking ahead they have too many key free agents and not enough cash to go around if they resign Curry.

Their is no guarantee that Durant will return next year.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Unnamed Warrior: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball Empty Re: Unnamed Warrior: We've Got Problems And It Ain't Basketball

Post by worcester Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 pm

As a Celtics fan, I hope Durant does return this season, that they lose early in the playoffs, that they bicker and moan, and that KD then signs with the Celts. #18 here we come.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down