MDCelticsFan
bobheckler
swedeinestonia
Sam
jeb
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lakers aint gettin it done against good teams Empty Lakers aint gettin it done against good teams

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:41 am

Dallas whipped em tonight without Butler. Denver's beat em bad twice. Cavs twice. Us once. Dallas twice.

Last year they won ALL these big games.

Geeze I think Denver probably has the best record against the toughest teams.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Lakers aint gettin it done against good teams Empty Re: Lakers aint gettin it done against good teams

Post by Sam Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:49 am

Jeb,

I don't follow the Lakers all that closely, but they seem to be a six-man team on most (not all) nights. Odom's a force off the bench, but Brown and Farmar only occasionally contribute much of anything. Frankly, I expected Shannon Brown to have a breakout season.

I believe they squeezed by Memphis on Kobe's three-pointer only because Mayo missed two freebies at the end. I heard A.J. has contacted Rondo for some instruction.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Lakers aint gettin it done against good teams Empty Re: Lakers aint gettin it done against good teams

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:32 am

They should probably have been the ones to pick up Nate to replace Fisher Razz
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Sam

Kobe has won good lord it MUST be 6 games at the buzzer. The Lakes are very good but struggle against height and team speed. Gasol sadly last night looked two years older than their champ season when they WON these tough games and i mean they cant beat Dallas and Denver haha well I'll let you make up your own mind on that one...
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Phil Jackson has long been a fan of not going deep into his bench.

I'm surprised, quite frankly, that he's not giving Shannon Brown minutes at point. D-Fish is D-Done and Farmar has regressed.

Farmar played 13 minutes last night and Brown 15. For a team whose starting point guard must be the worst in the NBA (and who shot 3-13 last night), it's amazing that Phil played him 35 minutes last night.

Last night Kobe, coming back from a tendon injury, played 40 minutes. He played 40 minutes against Memphis the night before. Tendon injuries tend to be chronic injuries brought on by repetition. Playing long minutes isn't the right thing to do, but we know Phil has no control over Kobe.

There is a lesson to be learned for the Celtics here from the Memphis game, though. We have two starters that are liabilities at the line. Not good.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Bobheck

Two back to back games of 40 minutes. Phil is done gone crazy on this minutes thing. Hellz SKY dont get phil's shannon brown thing. Phil see's something he dont like cause he does not give brown the minutes.

He gives em to Sasha about half the time. Must drive sky and mg up the WALL.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:28 pm

jeb65 wrote:Bobheck

Two back to back games of 40 minutes. Phil is done gone crazy on this minutes thing. Hellz SKY dont get phil's shannon brown thing. Phil see's something he dont like cause he does not give brown the minutes.

He gives em to Sasha about half the time. Must drive sky and mg up the WALL.

jeb,

I'm afraid you completely lost me with this one, buddy.

SKY? MG?

Sasha's out 2 weeks with a shoulder strain (someone looked at him hard). He never gets off the bench, so it doesn't matter.

Brown did an excellent job filling in for Kobe. Excellent. Could you imagine replacing Tony Allen with Brown? I'd be in heaven. And now he's back to 14 minutes a game because Phil can't tell Kobe to sit.

Hey, I say let Kobe play 40 minutes EVERY game. Let Gasol play 42. I'm a Celtic fan and I look forward to meeting them in June after 3 months of that.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Bobheck

I think Brown is a guy that could look good in green.

And I am with you on the minutes. WHat in the sam hill do you think Phil is thinking? Home court?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Bob: Sasha threw the shoulder out swinging at a ball boy who offered him a towel and a cup of Sports Drink! (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 pm

whats the haps md? you excited about the game?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Shannon Brown is getting paid $2M this year and $2.3M next year. Next year is on a "players option".

Let's hope some team will throw some serious bucks at him to lure him away from LA.

Is it tampering to talk to a player when he's got a players option? After this season ends, and his option year kicks in, can another team talk to him about exercising that option because the grass will be greener over here without that being tampering?

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:49 pm

bob

Probably is tampering but we can all send him a letter saying we'd love him in green. Or find his facebook page or something.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:09 pm

beat wrote:bob

Probably is tampering but we can all send him a letter saying we'd love him in green. Or find his facebook page or something.

beat

beat,

No law against talking to his agent. That's what agents are supposed to do, they're supposed to answer the phone and find out what their client's best options are and make a recommendation to them. If I was Shannon Brown, would I rather play 20mpg (that's this year) and be behind Kobe for another 3 years (and Kobe does NOT like to sit), or would I rather play 20-25mpg and be behind a 35-year old Ray Allen?

Chat him up, Danny, chat him up.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Beat & Bob: Good thing it isn't college: calling or texting is frowned upon-check with Kelvin Sampson (LOL)-MD.

Jeb: Not too excited about tonight's game since we'll be severely undermanned. Would have been a good test for Bill Walker, but he's not around anymore. I'm afraid Lebron will introduce M. Landry & Tony Allen to George Jefferson tonight. (He's going to take them to the cleaners) (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:46 pm

mdcelt

I hope he scores 50 and shoots 100 times in a close loss.

I wouldnt be surprised if pp suits up tonite.

Any way you cut it should be a good test and Tony is a pretty damn good defender. Only problem is he's going to foul out pretty quick if they give the king the usual treatment. Go get him Scal!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:48 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:Beat & Bob: Good thing it isn't college: calling or texting is frowned upon-check with Kelvin Sampson (LOL)-MD.

Jeb: Not too excited about tonight's game since we'll be severely undermanned. Would have been a good test for Bill Walker, but he's not around anymore. I'm afraid Lebron will introduce M. Landry & Tony Allen to George Jefferson tonight. (He's going to take them to the cleaners) (LOL)-MD.

MD,

I'm expecting to see Quis on LBJ a lot tonight. TA's completely overmatched in every category. The only defense available to Tony is to just deny LBJ the ball and pray when he gets it. I don't expect to see Marcus Landry get off the bench. Not anytime soon and especially not against the toughest assignment in the NBA.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:50 pm

jeb or others,

Is there any word for certain on Marquis' playing tonight?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Nevermind...

Posted at the same time as Bob and from his post it appears Marquis is expected to play.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm

The Lakers are the Devil incarnate.... ( Kidding) They may be down some this year but I never count em out...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:15 pm

La Celt

Me either. But I dont like their chances as much as last year. Artest is trying his butt off but riza was a better fit.

And Kobe and Fish are heavy miles guys... though kobe still has a lot of tread.

NYC I have scanned the usual suspects pretty good and see no sign for or agin quis. Just dont know.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Landry if he can guard just because our guys are all likely to get in foul trouble. Whoever is guarding him is going to need help. Hope we play d like quarter 4 in la all game.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Is a sniper in the Garden allowed by NBA rules?
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:18 pm

beat wrote:Is a sniper in the Garden allowed by NBA rules?

beat,

As long as he was discharged by Marine Recon prior to 3/1, he can be on your roster.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Force recon in no joke. They might very well be able to guard the king...so to speak.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Perhaps the old ketchup trick. have a small amount hidden and when you are guarding him wipe some on his jersey. Must do it so as to not be seen. Then after a few seconds (esp if he's gone by you) point it out to the ref (let um wear white tonight) he'll have to leave the game to get cleaned up as they think it was blood.

Repeat this as often as needed.

Perhaps they will run out of jerseys.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:49 pm

I've been in Boston all day and don't know whether anyone else posted this, but I heard on sports radio that Quis was at the shootaround today.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next