sinus007
beat
MDCelticsFan
dbrown4
10 posters

Go down

OK, I'm on LeBron Watch Empty OK, I'm on LeBron Watch

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:06 am

In a typical after game interview consisting of about 17 sentences, LeBron uses "I" or "me" 20 times. Zero mentioning of his team, although he did mention Chicago once or twice. I cannot wait for the crash and burn of this one.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

OK, I'm on LeBron Watch Empty Re: OK, I'm on LeBron Watch

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:11 am

To dbrown4: I don't think you'll see a crash & burn with Lebron. He's got too much talent, he's only getting better refining his talents, and despite a few noticeable exceptions, has his head screwed on straight. I think he's much better received by his teammates than Bryant, don't you? Forget the self references in the press conferences!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:12 am

Chicago played well last eve. Only 4 turnovers but they really don't have anyone to control Bron.

Will be intersting to see if they can take a game in Chicago.

I even told Marcus the other day.........that I'm so sick of Bron that should they play the Lakers ( that I might almost be pulling for the Lakers) Now that was almost as hard to type as it was to say.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

Dbrown,
He's absolutely correct: he won the last game.
And please don't give Cavs any ideas: let them be 1-man team Laughing

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:20 am

Beat: You couln't root for the Lakers! Even in '82-'83 when the Sixers eliminated the C's in the East Finals, the Garden crowd sent Philly to the Finals with chants of ""Beat LA".-Title belongs in the East regardless of who gets it, unless Denver does it for George Karl!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:25 am

MD

yeah I know.......................I know this much. Should it be queen's Kobe and Bron, I won't watch much if any. Sure I'll check the scores and tune in near the end if it's a close game but rooting for the pretty Lakers ................my God have I lost my mind!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am

Beat, Chicago did play really well last night. I'm not really sure they can play much better than that though. I don't think they'll win a game in the series, but I hope I'm wrong!

Watching that game just reminded me how much I dislike both of those teams. No one can deny how talented James is, but the thing I dislike most about him is how cocky he is. Everytime he makes a basket he looks over at his bench just waiting for them fawn over him like he's a god. It's really pathetic IMO. Act like you've been there before. I don't dislike the Bulls as a team quite as much, but I can't stand watching Brad Miller. He plays so dirty and is always flopping. The good thing about this series is that one of those teams are definitely going to lose, and that's always fun to see Smile
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:38 am

Kelly

What irks me about Bron. First time he had the ball in game one he went in for a cross over and missed. then he glarred at the ref. Every darn time he takes it to the rim and there is very minor contact the man falls to the floor almost like a flop. He gets 99% of these touch calls and the few times he doesnt he stares at the official. For a guy as strong as he seems to spend a lot of time on his Ass........talk about an actress!

The guy is built and doesn't need every touch call. I do think that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and he can be had between the ears but his physical size and strength is tough for any player to match up with even if the officials don't let him travel.

Last edited by beat on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:52 pm

I would def pull for the Lakers over Preening, mugging camera seeking baby bron. It aint even hard to decide. Kid is screaming 100mph down the selfish street of hero ball and endorsements. welcome to the dark side Luke.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:50 pm

If it's the Lakers vs the Cavs, I'll probably watch the Giants. They finally have some hitting this year.

It'll just be too painful watching the refs trip over each other trying to protect Kobe and LBJ while they ME-ball. One thing we can say with a fair amount of confidence: there will be 8 bored players on offense on the floor when the two of them are out there.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 pm

bobheckler wrote:If it's the Lakers vs the Cavs, I'll probably watch the Giants. They finally have some hitting this year.

It'll just be too painful watching the refs trip over each other trying to protect Kobe and LBJ while they ME-ball. One thing we can say with a fair amount of confidence: there will be 8 bored players on offense on the floor when the two of them are out there.

bob

bob,

Since Kobe had twice as many assists as any player in the NBA Finals last year (both teams), I don't think any of his teammates were bored.
Also, Kobe and LeBron led their teams in assists this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Why wouldn't they lead their teams in assists? There's little "competition" from their respective point guards in terms of playmaking prowess, and the ball goes through Kobe and Lebron a huge amount of the time. There's no reason they shouldn't dominate their teams in most offensive categories. Like turnovers. Now there's a stat in which both Kobe and Lebron just decimated the stats of teammates. I'm sure every one of their turnovers acted as a stimulant for their mates.

I have it on good authority that 72% of all stats are overrated.

Sam

Last edited by Sam on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 am

Sam,

Bob's said that there will be 8 bored players on the court with Kobe and LeBron. That sounds like they won't pass the ball.
By looking at their assist to shot ratio you can see that the Kobe and LeBron pass a considerable amount, especially for a shooting guard and a small forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:52 am

tj,

Sure they pass a lot. They have the ball a lot. In crunch time, do they pass as much as in (as an example) the first half? For my money, it's in crunch time that their teammates sometimes get used to not seeing the ball as much and therefore lose some rhythm. And that can be a problem if the opposition finds a way to slow down Kobe or Lebron. If and when they face the Celtics, I actually hope they'll both handle the ball as much as possible.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:16 am

dbrown4 wrote:In a typical after game interview consisting of about 17 sentences, LeBron uses "I" or "me" 20 times. Zero mentioning of his team, although he did mention Chicago once or twice. I cannot wait for the crash and burn of this one.

dbrown,

I thought of your post after I heard Paul Pierce's brief on-court interview after he hit the game winning shot in game 3.
I heard the interview a few times and noticed that Paul said I or Me 12 times and did not use the word Us, We or Team even one time.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:36 am

tjmakz wrote:
dbrown4 wrote:In a typical after game interview consisting of about 17 sentences, LeBron uses "I" or "me" 20 times. Zero mentioning of his team, although he did mention Chicago once or twice. I cannot wait for the crash and burn of this one.

dbrown,

I thought of your post after I heard Paul Pierce's brief on-court interview after he hit the game winning shot in game 3.
I heard the interview a few times and noticed that Paul said I or Me 12 times and did not use the word Us, We or Team even one time.

That's because the reporter asked Pierce to comment on his game-winner and "take us through the shot," not talk about how the Celts won the game. She was just asking about the final possession. What did you expect him to talk about? He went one-on-one and drained it at the buzzer. Game, set, match. Paul's the hero. And he took her through the shot. She never asked another question before time constraints forced them to cut away to the Dallas/San Antonio game already in progress.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 am

jeb65 wrote:I would def pull for the Lakers over Preening, mugging camera seeking baby bron. It aint even hard to decide. Kid is screaming 100mph down the selfish street of hero ball and endorsements. welcome to the dark side Luke.

Jeb, very imaginative metaphors you're using here. "Screaming 100 mph down the selfish street of hero ball" deserves some sort of sports writing Pulitzer.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down